• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

They like him enough to keep him around rather than losing him for nothing at this point which isn’t saying much , he’s in the same boat as ehn,delarose etc... I’m sure he’s vey expendable 

sure we don’t know how they feel about mccarron or any players since we’re not privileged enough to be in the player discussions but to think a player like mccarron isn’t a possibility because we passed on him is just stupid , why would any team trade for any player? Why would buffalo trade Alex nylander for jokiharju? They had a chance and passed on him , so silly 

you do realize just because a team signs someone and “likes them” doesn’t mean they won’t trade that player , again ... sometimes it’s as simple as keeping an asset rather than losing them for nothing

anyways this was just a simple question I had I don’t wanna get into it and get into it over two bottom line guys who will be lucky enough to play 2-3 seasons in the nhl at this point lol

Turgeon, if not signed, would have been an RFA.  They absolutely, positively, 100% would NOT have lost him for nothing.  So the rest of your line of reasoning is irrelevant. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Wait. Aren't you, like, the only member of LGWs that actually likes Turgeon?  He's always your future 4th line center no? 

I completely missed this, but yes, I do like Turgeon. I think he could be a decent 4th line center. Good defensively and has decent wheels for his size.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

McCarron has already proven he can't score in the NHL.  He's not good at anything else.  Turgeon isn't a scorer, but IS good at everything else.  As such, he's more valuable. 

Edit:  I don't think I know more than everyone else.  Just you. 

If turgeon was that good at everything else surely he’d have had more than 9 games by now? We have an abundance of Dominic turgeon’s on this team we don’t have a 6’6 guy who might be able to provide a physical presence .... and yes we have Rasmussen but I’m still hoping to god he turns into a top 6 guy or that pick will be an absolute waste 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Turgeon, if not signed, would have been an RFA.  They absolutely, positively, 100% would NOT have lost him for nothing.  So the rest of your line of reasoning is irrelevant. 

Pretty sure if you don’t resign your rfa’s They’d be a free agent so don’t know wtf your blabbing on about, can’t hang on to guys forever

your nonsense your spewing is irrelevant 

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If turgeon was that good at everything else surely he’d have had more than 9 games by now? We have an abundance of Dominic turgeon’s on this team we don’t have a 6’6 guy who might be able to provide a physical presence .... and yes we have Rasmussen but I’m still hoping to god he turns into a top 6 guy or that pick will be an absolute waste 

I KNEW IT!  "Cuz he big" IS the reason for this whole absurd scenario.  You got me man.  If we ignore all the other big and/or tough and/or gritty guys on this team who ARE good at hockey then we've really got nobody like Mike McCarron.  You win.  And obviously having a HUGE scorer who isn't good at scoring but is good at hitting (?) is a key component to any Cup winning team. 

Edited by kipwinger

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I KNEW IT!  "Cuz he big" IS the reason for this whole absurd scenario.  You got me man.  If we ignore all the other big and/or tough and/or gritty guys on this team who ARE good at hockey then we've really got nobody like Mike McCarron.  You win.  And obviously having a HUGE scorer who isn't good at scoring but is good at hitting (?) is a key component to any Cup winning team. 

I KNEW IT lmfao 

your f***en ridiculous .... why would we ever trade anybody ?

we signed joe hicketts !! Stupid idiot ! We like him ....we signed David pope! We like him!

your reasons are just idiotic , only reason I asked this is because we already have a ton of bottom line guys and more coming who I’d say is ahead of turgeon in chase Pearson and turgeon is 23 and hasn’t cracked squat and isn’t even a sure thing that will be on the team this season, and mccarron is in a similar boat and thought maybe a change of scenery might benefit both guys  but hey if you think we love him cause we signed him and he isn’t going anywhere go for it ... guess if he goes back down to Grand Rapids again we didn’t really like him that much

I KNEW IT lmfao 

your f***en ridiculous .... why would we ever trade anybody ?

we signed joe hicketts !! Stupid idiot ! We like him ....we signed David pope! We like him!

your reasons are just idiotic , only reason I asked this is because we already have a ton of bottom line guys and more coming who I’d say is ahead of turgeon in chase Pearson and turgeon is 23 and hasn’t cracked squat and isn’t even a sure thing that will be on the team this season, and mccarron is in a similar boat and thought maybe a change of scenery might benefit both guys  but hey if you think we love him cause we signed him and he isn’t going anywhere go for it ... guess if he goes back down to Grand Rapids again we didn’t really like him that much

You know that "bigness" isn't a hockey skill right?  You also know that we've been drafting really big dudes for like 5 years right? 

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

You know that "bigness" isn't a hockey skill right?  You also know that we've been drafting really big dudes for like 5 years right? 

You know that both of these guys will likely never play more than 200 nhl games combined right?and your getting into arguments over scrubs right ?

you think it’s an idiotic trade and bla bla bla , I think it’s two guys who have similar careers who have struggled and suggested doing a trade ... you don’t like it that’s fine , I don’t care either way and would be more than ok if we kept turgeon but I’m not gonna keep arguing over two guys who will likely be in the ahl next season cause it’s just pointless and a waste of time

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

You know that both of these guys will likely never play more than 200 nhl games combined right?and your getting into arguments over scrubs right ?

you think it’s an idiotic trade and bla bla bla , I think it’s two guys who have similar careers who have struggled and suggested doing a trade ... you don’t like it that’s fine , I don’t care either way and would be more than ok if we kept turgeon but I’m not gonna keep arguing over two guys who will likely be in the ahl next season cause it’s just pointless and a waste of time

You asked the question.

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Whatever happened with him? Just doesn't wanna be in NA?

I thought it was injuries but he's been playing in Sweden and performing really well.

Am being told he found his true calling in another professional sports league. 

image.png.c3e2e89dc09959d29e627acc37663511.png

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Whatever happened with him? Just doesn't wanna be in NA?

I thought it was injuries but he's been playing in Sweden and performing really well.

Ya unfortunately I think he was just homesick which sucked for us cause I think he’d have been a player for us , don’t know how good but he had decent #’s in Grand Rapids to start , 7 in 12 and just f***ed off back and from what I seen he’s been one of the best point getters in Sweden of late 

oh well , some guys in Europe aren’t just cut out to move that far away from family and friends , think same s*** happened with dick axelsson?and grigorenko if I recall had a great shot at being a good player and almost died , we haven’t had much luck in Europe for those stretch of years but hoping with larsson,berggren,kivenmaki  etc... Our luck is turning again 

2 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya unfortunately I think he was just homesick which sucked for us cause I think he’d have been a player for us , don’t know how good but he had decent #’s in Grand Rapids to start , 7 in 12 and just f***ed off back and from what I seen he’s been one of the best point getters in Sweden of late 

oh well , some guys in Europe aren’t just cut out to move that far away from family and friends , think same s*** happened with dick axelsson?and grigorenko if I recall had a great shot at being a good player and almost died , we haven’t had much luck in Europe for those stretch of years but hoping with larsson,berggren,kivenmaki  etc... Our luck is turning again 

We haven't had much luck in Europe since 2005-6? 

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He's like like 40 pt in 50 gp in Europe type player.

That usually translates to like a 30 pt player in NA.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's like like 40 pt in 50 gp in Europe type player.

That usually translates to like a 30 pt player in NA.

Probably but we’ll never know if he could have been a decent 2nd-3rd line guy capable of 40-50pts , he left at 21 I think he could of had upside if he put in the work and had zetterberg with him and all the Swedes , again we’ll never know could have been a nice boost in the lineup having a 6’5 Swede knocking precious Sidney around ... and no not saying we would have won the cup if we had him lol

anyways it’s just sad looking back and thinking of lofberg,ryno,Axelsson,ritola,larsson(Daniel) And all these other guys I had hopes on and not one turned out lol , hoping for much better luck with these picks from the last 2-3 years , if we can have a repeat of the 2018 draft in 2020 we’re gonna be kicking ass sooner rather than later and I’m hoping for a repeat draft and competing hard in the 2020-2021 seasons and beyond and not wasting mantha and larkin

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Outside Tatar and Nyquist pretty much 

Traded  jarnkrok and janmark 

If you exclude Nyquist and Tatar we didn't have much luck ANYWHERE from about 2005-2013. The only two real successes we had during that time were European.

Edited by kipwinger

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He has a chance to play on the fourth line for a few seasons maybe

He is in his 5th contract season this year, in a "few years" he'll be signed somewhere else or un-signed.  There are too many C's ahead of him now who are better fit to fill the 4th role.  I am more inclined to believe Smith will make it before he does.  But ya, having the likes of DLR on this team hurts his chances for sure. Now if Turgeon can switch from C to Wing, maybe he has a better shot, but the C-W-C debate is for another thread! :lol:

13 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

He is in his 5th contract season this year, in a "few years" he'll be signed somewhere else or un-signed.  There are too many C's ahead of him now who are better fit to fill the 4th role.  I am more inclined to believe Smith will make it before he does.  But ya, having the likes of DLR on this team hurts his chances for sure. Now if Turgeon can switch from C to Wing, maybe he has a better shot, but the C-W-C debate is for another thread! :lol:

Cant switch.

I think we have 2 more years of rebuilding ahead of us, but I also lowkey think this is the first time in a while I might consider us a dark horse team.

Picture this...

The BLM line is legit and the chemistry continues. Larkin is named captain and emerges as player who is scoring upwards of 80 or 90 pts and flirting with 40 goals. Bertuzzi is the gritty hard worker on his left who emerges as a 60 pt 30 goal role player. Mantha is the hulking sniper on his right who flourishes with Larkin as his centerman and captain, also reaching 30 goals and flirting with 70 pts. A very balanced and productive line. The rest of the league is forced to play their best defensive players against the Black Lives Matter line, which opens up scoring for the emerging 2nd line young guns....

Behind the top line Blashill does a good job juggling Filppula and Nielsen between centering the 2nd and 3rd line. One or two of AA, Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Zadina become fixtures on the 2nd line providing depth scoring.

Despite being overpaid the vet bottom liners of Abby, Helmer, Glendog, provide the leadership and grit needed to support the kids.

On defense, Hronek emerges as a star Dman. He plays mostly with the top 6 forwards and amasses 50 pts. Nemeth is paired with Hronek and quickly becomes the Methot to Hronek's Karlsson. He covers defensive lapses allowing Hronek to "roam" and diligently provides puck retrieval, a crucial but underrated role. The aging Green fits nicely into his new role as the 2nd pair playmaker. The rest of the D is serviceable but unremarkable.

After expected injuries to Howard and poor play by Bernier, Larsson is given a shot at the net. He instantly Mrazek's the role and emerges as one of our youngest and brightest stars.

The Red Wings, still a Holland designed team but under the guidance of Yzerman, quietly dark horse their way into league relevancy by January.

I don't think it's that unreasonable that it could happen provided the young (and most important) players stay healthy, which is usually true of younger players anyway. I don't think it would even require that Cholowski or Zadina emerge as stars, but it would definitely help.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Athanasiou - Filppula - Zadina/Svech/Ras
xxxxxxxx - Nielsen - xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx

Nemeth - Hronek
xxxxxxxx - Green
xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx

Howard
Larsson

We don't win anything, but the team looks like it's rounded a corner. And we still have Cholo, Seider, possibly Svech/Ras/Z lying in wait.

Yzerman admits he rejoined a team which he recognized was on the verge of turning a corner.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

I'm listening to an interview with Abby right now.

He's been training with Brian Lashoff and Dominik Shine in the offseason. Is this a problem? I would think it's extremely advantageous to make friends with and train with the best players in the world. I'm sure Larkin has been training with his good friend Werenski, but meanwhile Abby is training with AHLers. Is it any wonder he plays like an AHLer? IDK just a thought...

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think we have 2 more years of rebuilding ahead of us, but I also lowkey think this is the first time in a while I might consider us a dark horse team.

Picture this...

The BLM line is legit and the chemistry continues. Larkin is named captain and emerges as player who is scoring upwards of 80 or 90 pts and flirting with 40 goals. Bertuzzi is the gritty hard worker on his left who emerges as a 60 pt 30 goal role player. Mantha is the hulking sniper on his right who flourishes with Larkin as his centerman and captain, also reaching 30 goals and flirting with 70 pts. A very balanced and productive line. The rest of the league is forced to play their best defensive players against the Black Lives Matter line, which opens up scoring for the emerging 2nd line young guns....

Behind the top line Blashill does a good job juggling Filppula and Nielsen between centering the 2nd and 3rd line. One or two of AA, Svechnikov, Rasmussen, Zadina become fixtures on the 2nd line providing depth scoring.

Despite being overpaid the vet bottom liners of Abby, Helmer, Glendog, provide the leadership and grit needed to support the kids.

On defense, Hronek emerges as a star Dman. He plays mostly with the top 6 forwards and amasses 50 pts. Nemeth is paired with Hronek and quickly becomes the Methot to Hronek's Karlsson. He covers defensive lapses allowing Hronek to "roam" and diligently provides puck retrieval, a crucial but underrated role. The aging Green fits nicely into his new role as the 2nd pair playmaker. The rest of the D is serviceable but unremarkable.

After expected injuries to Howard and poor play by Bernier, Larsson is given a shot at the net. He instantly Mrazek's the role and emerges as one of our youngest and brightest stars.

The Red Wings, still a Holland designed team but under the guidance of Yzerman, quietly dark horse their way into league relevancy by January.

I don't think it's that unreasonable that it could happen provided the young (and most important) players stay healthy, which is usually true of younger players anyway. I don't think it would even require that Cholowski or Zadina emerge as stars, but it would definitely help.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Athanasiou - Filppula - Zadina/Svech/Ras
xxxxxxxx - Nielsen - xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx

Nemeth - Hronek
xxxxxxxx - Green
xxxxxxxx - xxxxxxxx

Howard
Larsson

We don't win anything, but the team looks like it's rounded a corner. And we still have Cholo, Seider, possibly Svech/Ras/Z lying in wait.

Yzerman admits he rejoined a team which he recognized was on the verge of turning a corner.

Dark horse means we’d surprise teams and the only way I think we’ll surprise teams is at how s*** we’ll be lol and that’s fine by me Cause we need a top 3 pick in 2020 

I agree with you there are things to like , the mantha bertuzzi Larkin line is golden , after that it should be nice to likely see zadina play and I’d expect him to get 20-30 in a full season but his +/- won’t be nice to see overall , and I think hronek will be a big guy for us and open some eyes 

this team sadly has way too many 4th Lines in the bottom lineups and our defense is just atrocious and without looking at all the d lineups around the league I’d say we easily have the worst d , if not bottom 3 . Like hronek a lot but he’s gonna be in his first full season and green is the only other guy who can put some numbers up  and I’m hoping for once he doesn’t get injured so we can send his ass packing finally on deadline day 

i know yzerman says there’s spots to be had but I think he’s smart enough to know we desperately need a top pick next draft so I expect veleno to be down as well as cholowski and I think they’ll send Rasmussen to get a ton of minutes and boost his confidence. I think 2020-2021 will be the season to watch for wings fans when cholowski and seider will be on the team and Rasmussen and veleno could be in a top 6 role 

i think we’ll have some exciting moments watching the young forwards this season but our defense is just too horrible to overcome and Howard is getting older so I’d say there’s a good chance he gets hurt again

we’ll be a bottom 3 team but I love where our team is headed