• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

February 24th, 2020: Mike Green has been traded to 1st round exit team for a 2nd round pick in 2020

July 1st, 2020: Torey Krug has inked a 7 year deal with the Detroit Red Wings for $7.5 AAV, citing his desire to return home to metro Detroit and his close relationship with bench boss Jeff Blashill

Dekeyser - Hronek
Krug - Nemeth
Cholowski - Seider
Bowey

February 24th, 2020: Mike Green is traded for a 2nd round pick in 2020

July 1st, 2020: Roman Josi signs a 7-year, $8M AAV with the Detroit Red Wings, citing his desire to play alongside up and coming stud defenseman Moritz Seider.

Josi - Seider

DeKeyser - Hronek

Cholowski - Bowey

Nemeth

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

February 24th, 2020: Mike Green is traded for a 2nd round pick in 2020

July 1st, 2020: Roman Josi signs a 7-year, $8M AAV with the Detroit Red Wings, citing his desire to play alongside up and coming stud defenseman Moritz Seider.

Josi - Seider

DeKeyser - Hronek

Cholowski - Bowey

Nemeth

Noooo you goose, didn't Nash trade away Subban so they could keep Josi?

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Noooo you goose, didn't Nash trade away Subban so they could keep Josi?

Yup. Fortunately for us though, it's not up to Poile. It's up to Josi, and he decides to leave Nashville for the D, where he can play with big boi Seider, instead of that midget Ellis...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Like I said in the other thread... the dream is dead...

First we lose Regula. Now we lose out on Josi. What a terrible 24 hours to be a Wings fan. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

On 4/16/2019 at 10:20 AM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Wouldnt buy out anyone this summer. Daley only has a year left. No reason to. Had a down season for sure, but may bounce back this year and get us a pick back at TDL. Abby, Helm, and Nielsen all have too many years left to consider it yet.

Yzerman returns in some capacity. Holland sticks around for at least another year. 

Not looking to make any trades necessarily. But if I did, it would be to bolster the blue line. I think AA would get u more back now and I think Mantha will eventually be the more valuable player. Larkin, Bert and Zadina are off limits. I would consider trading Moose tho.

Offer sheet route would be a mistake. I think Trouba could be acquired thru a trade.

NO UFA SIGNINGS!!!! No Kronwall. No Vanek. No Karlsson. Maybe Wit.

This was brilliant.

Imagine if we had Boeser instead of Svechnikov, and Hughes instead of Zadina right now.

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Boeser
AA - Filppula - Mantha
Hirose - Nielsen - Perlini
Helm - Glendening - Abdelkader
Erne

Hughes - Hronek
DK - Green
Cholowski - Nemeth
Bowey

Howard

That actually looks like a decent team. My biggest concern being Fiippula as the 2C.

59 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Imagine if we had Boeser instead of Svechnikov, and Hughes instead of Zadina right now.

AA - Filppula - Mantha
Hirose - Nielsen - Perlini
Helm - Glendening - Abdelkader
Erne

Hughes - Hronek
DK - Green
Cholowski - Nemeth
Bowey

Howard

That actually looks like a decent team. My biggest concern being Fiippula as the 2C.

Boeser over Svechnikov is a no-brainer. Having Boeser would have given us that elite top line right-handed winger.

Hughes is elite offensively, but will never be great defensively. Gun to head, I would take Hughes over Zadina right now, but I still think there's a lot of time for that to change. I'll hold judgment on that one for another couple years.

I guess if I'm reserving judgment on Zadina, I should do the same for Rasmussen. He has looked good prior to his recent injury, but as of now, I'd still take Necas over him...

Zadina - Necas - Mantha
Athanasiou - Veleno - Perlini
Smith - Turgeon - Glendening

DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - Seider
McIsaac - Bowey

Larsson

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Boeser over Svechnikov is a no-brainer. Having Boeser would have given us that elite top line right-handed winger.

Hughes is elite offensively, but will never be great defensively. Gun to head, I would take Hughes over Zadina right now, but I still think there's a lot of time for that to change. I'll hold judgment on that one for another couple years.

I guess if I'm reserving judgment on Zadina, I should do the same for Rasmussen. He has looked good prior to his recent injury, but as of now, I'd still take Necas over him...

Zadina - Necas - Mantha
Athanasiou - Veleno - Perlini
Smith - Turgeon - Glendening

DeKeyser - Hronek
Cholowski - Seider
McIsaac - Bowey

Larsson

Hughes has 10 pts in 12 games as a 19/20 yr old rookie Dman.

Zadina has 4 pts in 9 games in the AHL as a 19 year old forward

vRb9M6pb_400x400.jpg

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

vRb9M6pb_400x400.jpg

It's all the Sens and Habs fault. One of them were supposed to take Zadina. Though I'm sure Holland would have still f***ed it all up and chosen Bouchard. 

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

vRb9M6pb_400x400.jpg

I hear ya, and I'm not trying to downplay what Hughes is doing, as he's going to be a fantastic player. However, Cholowski had 9 points (2 goals, 7 assists) in his first 11 NHL games, and Mantha really struggled early on in the AHL. Some would even say he was "very, very disappointing"... Point is, players develop at different rates. Some players struggle early in their pro careers, and become great NHLers, and other have hot starts, and fizzle out. Not to say either will be the case with Hughes or Zadina, but you never know. It's still early days...

33 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Straight up? No. Maybe add in a 2nd on Carolina's end... I'd do Athanasiou for Bean straight up though.

Yeah, I like Bean too. 

The idea was to be sort of buying low on Haydn. Doesn't seem to get a ton of TOI.

Maybe AA is a bit too much to give up.

Edited by Akakabuto