• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Of course YOU would. Canes would never do it tho.

I'm not saying they would... That's the kind of return I would expect from Athanasiou though.

If I'm trading Athanasiou, it's going to be for a 1st from a playoff team (pick 20th-30th overall), plus a 2nd / mid tier prospect, OR a 1st from a non playoff team (pick 10th-20th overall) / top end prospect. I'm not trading a 30 goal scorer for a "project player"...

5 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Yeah, I like Bean too. 

The idea was to be sort of buying low on Haydn. Doesn't seem to get a ton of TOI.

Maybe AA is a bit too much to give up.

Definitely too much to give up. If we're trading for Fleury, I'd offer them Svechnikov. That's about it for me.

... and I'm not even sure I'd do that to be honest...

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm not saying they would... That's the kind of return I would expect from Athanasiou though.

If I'm trading Athanasiou, it's going to be for a 1st from a playoff team (pick 20th-30th overall), plus a 2nd / mid tier prospect, OR a 1st from a non playoff team (pick 10th-20th overall) / top end prospect. I'm not trading a 30 goal scorer for a "project player"...

He's a ONE TIME 30 goal scorer. Patrick Eaves did that once too. A lot of mediocre guys have done that. Would I trade him for Bean? Yes I would. But if I was Carolina I wouldnt because I think Bean ends up the better player.

21 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's a ONE TIME 30 goal scorer. Patrick Eaves did that once too. A lot of mediocre guys have done that. Would I trade him for Bean? Yes I would. But if I was Carolina I wouldnt because I think Bean ends up the better player.

He did it for the first time as a 24 year old, on a very bad team. He generates offense out of nothing as good as anyone in the league. Put him with capable linemates and he would be a perennial 25-35 goal scorer.

Again, I'm not saying Waddell would trade Bean straight up for Athanasiou, but that's the return I would be looking for. I also believe that's closer to fair value for both sides than Fleury straight up would be.

28 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

He did it for the first time as a 24 year old, on a very bad team. He generates offense out of nothing as good as anyone in the league. Put him with capable linemates and he would be a perennial 25-35 goal scorer.

Again, I'm not saying Waddell would trade Bean straight up for Athanasiou, but that's the return I would be looking for. I also believe that's closer to fair value for both sides than Fleury straight up would be.

Eaves scored 30 goals? :blink: when?

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Fake news...

38 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

You are hereby admonished

10593.admonish.jpg

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

It says he only scored 21 in 16/17

With Dallas, and another 11 with Anaheim. Missed that. Regardless, doing that one time as 33 year old, after being a perennial 10-15 goal scorer, is much different than doing it for the first time as a 24 year old, after finally getting consistent playing time...

34 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

With Dallas, and another 11 with Anaheim. Missed that. Regardless, doing that one time as 33 year old, after being a perennial 10-15 goal scorer, is much different than doing it for the first time as a 24 year old, after finally getting consistent playing time...

Which means he could just be a "flash in the pan" type player. We've seen it before.

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He scored 21 goals in 59 games for Dallas in 2016-17 before being traded to the Ducks. He went on a tear and scored 11 more goals in 20 games. 21 + 11 = 32 goals scored during the 2016-17 season.

So he scored 21 one time and 11 another time. That isn't 30.

On 9/23/2019 at 2:36 PM, xault said:

I feel like we've been wanting/trying to move Green at the deadline since he came here. I've given up on the idea, he here to the end. Something going to happen like it always does, he'll get hurt, sick, lose a tooth sometime in January and we won't be able to move him.

Yep.............

On 11/10/2019 at 12:51 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Yzerplan has been made clear. So what could be next?

"So what could be next"

Fuqqing what lol? This frat bro needs another English class if he's gonna make it in journalism. God he even opens his first line with this

With the addition of Robby Fabbri the other day from Detroit, the message is clear from Steve Yzerman, even if it wasn’t before.

We acquired Fabbri the other day from Detroit? What?

He continues:

A fresh start with real minutes could be exactly what the former 2014 1st rounder need.

He's right. That is exactly what Fabbri need. Fabbri need big time minute. Play gud for wheel time CRL think.

Is there literally no editor on staff at WIIM? Does anyone read anything before it goes up?

I'm not reading anymore of this garbage. I get better takes from you guys.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Yzerplan has been made clear. So what could be next?

"So what could be next"

Fuqqing what lol? This frat bro needs another English class if he's gonna make it in journalism. God he even opens his first line with this

We acquired Fabbri the other day from Detroit? What?

He continues:

He's right. That is exactly what Fabbri need. Fabbri need big time minute. Play gud for wheel time CRL think.

Is there literally no editor on staff at WIIM? Does anyone read anything before it goes up?

I'm not reading anymore of this garbage. I get better takes from you guys.

The article was from November. And when ur team sucks this bad, there isn't a lot of places to go for articles.