• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

13 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I guess where we differ is that I'd prefer to use the cap space to land asset(s). If there are no trade options available for that sort of move, I'd just assume sit tight until next summer.

We're on the same page there. I'm not even all that high on Connolly, I just think he could be a good cheap(ish) plug-in. (We're always going on about how we need right-handed forwards.)

I'm just saying if it's Callahan and a 3rd then maybe it's not worth it, because better trade options could present themselves or maybe you put the $5M towards a free agent.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

We're on the same page there. I'm not even all that high on Connolly, I just think he could be a good cheap(ish) plug-in. (We're always going on about how we need right-handed forwards.)

I'm just saying if it's Callahan and a 3rd then maybe it's not worth it, because better trade options could present themselves or maybe you put the $5M towards a free agent.

I hear ya. I'm just saying, for me, I'd rather Callahan and a 3rd (it would be more than a 3rd) than spend that cap space on any potential free agent this summer.

21 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I highly doubt that. The whole "interdivisional trades don't happen" thing is way overblown. Teams are going to make trades with any team, regardless which division they're in, if they believe that trade will improve their team. Yzerman and BriseBois have a history and are good friends. If they believe they can help each other out, while at the same time improve their team, why wouldn't they?

Sure. 

To DET: Lucic (50% retained salary)

To EDM: Abdelkader

I dream of the day I get to scream in admiration LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCH every time he butt-ends an opponent in the groin. Been envious of Bruins fans for that for years. 

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

I

I refuse to call him Oliwer. It's Oliver. I'm not falling for that weird Finnish agenda bull s***

Yzerman this morning: "That's a nice log jam you got there, would be a shame if I..." *Hurls log at you*

Anyway apparently the kid moves decent for a big guy. Is known for his big shot. Let's clap some bombs n f*** some moms baby.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

33 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Anyway apparently the kid moves decent for a big guy. Is known for his big shot. Let's clap some bombs n f*** some moms baby.

What am I missing?  He's listed as 6'0", 185lbs......seems almost tiny for a Dman

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lol Yzerman is tearing this old boys club up.

Ferschweiler only had that job because of Blashill. Blashill better come out guns blazing this season or he's gonna be packing his s*** too.

One less bald guy on the bench. Hire someone with some flo

11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

One less bald guy on the bench. Hire someone with some flo

In this regard, who has the best flo on the team now? It was easily Zberg for years, but now it seems to me the torch has been handed to Bertuzzi, no? Zberg had that beautiful "I'm not g-ay, but I'd let that guy gimme a reach around" flo, whereas Tuzzi takes it in a whole new direction and seems to have more of a messy, rugged, "Ima smoke meth and then cut ur heart out with a screwdriver" type look going on. Different, but I like it. New team, new me.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In this regard, who has the best flo on the team now? It was easily Zberg for years, but now it seems to me the torch has been handed to Bertuzzi, no? Zberg had that beautiful "I'm not g-ay, but I'd let that guy gimme a reach around" flo whereas Tuzzi takes it in a whole new direction and seems to have more of a messy, rugged, "Ima smoke meth and then cut ur heart out with a screwdriver" type look going on. Different, but I like it. New team, new me.

aka "prison reach around flo" 

24 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Barry Melrose?

Signing undrafted free agents from Europe. Holland never did that.

Probably not even really an Yzerman signing. He's a Western Michigan alum, and what with Blashill, Ferschweiler, Dekyser, Witkowski, and Mckee, he's probably been on the Wings radar for a while or at least in the past.

From what I've been able to gather: Played forward up until college, where WMU switched him to D. Small guy during his draft year but hit a late growth spurt after being passed on. Is a decent skater for a big man, likes to rush the puck up the ice, solid offensive ability, known for his booming shot, plays soft for a big man and not very good defending in his own zone.

Big bodied softies is nothing new for us, and in theory defense can be learned/taught. Key will be if he can learn to make his shot effective at the NHL level where timing and a quick trigger is everything. Could be a decent offensive weapon on the back end.

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

From what I've been able to gather: Played forward up until college, where WMU switched him to D. Small guy during his draft year but hit a late growth spurt after being passed on. Is a decent skater for a big man, likes to rush the puck up the ice, solid offensive ability, known for his booming shot, plays soft for a big man and not very good defending in his own zone.

Big bodied softies is nothing new for us, and in theory defense can be learned/taught. Key will be if he can learn to make his shot effective at the NHL level where timing and a quick trigger is everything. Could be a decent offensive weapon on the back end.

Sounds like a player we should switch back to forward... I'm not too optimistic this kid turns into anything more than a depth signing / defenseman for Grand Rapids for a couple seasons, which is fine, but if he does, great.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sounds like a player we should switch back to forward... I'm not too optimistic this kid turns into anything more than a depth signing / defenseman for Grand Rapids for a couple seasons, which is fine, but if he does, great.

My exact thought too. WMU probably just wanted his heavy shot from the point.

Here's a condensed highlight vid:

He is definitely offensively minded. His wrist shot looks really good too. He also appears to be used in the shoot out quite a bit as well.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Dude. Sarcasm. Yzermans first 2 moves are exactly what Holland would have done.

Do you not like Yzerman becoming our GM or something 

Edited by kickazz

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

Do you not like Yzerman becoming our GM or something 

Yes I do. I supported the change before it happened. I also said that people are going to be disappointed if they expect Yzerman to be drastically different from Holland. There was some disagreement on that opinion. The signing of Veleno, and now Kaski, are Yzermans first 2 moves as GM, and arent any different than what Holland would have done. I was having some fun with that.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes I do. I supported the change before it happened. I also said that people are going to be disappointed if they expect Yzerman to be drastically different from Holland. There was some disagreement on that opinion. The signing of Veleno, and now Kaski, are Yzermans first 2 moves as GM, and arent any different than what Holland would have done. I was having some fun with that.

Bruh why u hate yzerman so much