• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

54 minutes ago, robb himself said:

Athanasiou is the first Red Wing (and Larkin) to score 30 goals in the last 10 years.

Trading him would be a colossal mistake.

Gotta disagree. This team has 2 30 goal scorers in Larkin and AA, and potentially 2 more in Mantha and Zadina. We have 0 top pair defensemen. I trade AA for a top pair D all day long.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Adam Sandler is the Tyler Perry of white people.

Why cant Tyler Perry be the Tyler Perry of white people.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gotta disagree. This team has 2 30 goal scorers in Larkin and AA, and potentially 2 more in Mantha and Zadina. We have 0 top pair defensemen. I trade AA for a top pair D all day long.

This. Goal scoring shouldn't be an issue going forward. And unless Byram miraculously slips to us at 6, we'll be getting another high end forward in this year's draft.

59 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why cant Tyler Perry be the Tyler Perry of white people.

I trade Mantha before AA, but it wouldn't cost that to acquire Trouba. 

18 minutes ago, greenrebellion said:

Yes defense is a weakness, but what about goaltending.  Any prospects in the system that are interesting?

Yes, there are a few... Filip Larsson is at the top of that list, but there's also Jesper Eliasson and Keith Petruzzelli that could amount to something. Goalies are voodoo, but Larsson has as good a chance to become an NHL starter as any goaltender prospect.

1 hour ago, greenrebellion said:

Yes defense is a weakness, but what about goaltending.  Any prospects in the system that are interesting?

Filip Larsson was lights out for his J20 team in Sweden as an 18 year old. Likely got watched by Hakan, and so we drafted him. After being drafted he comes to North America and in the USHL for one season and is lights out again. After that season he moves on to the U of Denver and was lights out all season again in college. Red Wings inked him to his ELC just a short time ago as soon as his freshmen season at U of Denver ended. He should be playing for Grand Rapids this coming year for the first time. Sateri is UFA right now and Rybar is RFA, but I'm not really too concerned about him competing against either of them if they are re-signed. Kids gonna continue the trend me thinks. This will be the biggest jump he's made though.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Steve Yzerman to date:

1. Signed Joe Veleno to ELC
  2. Signed Pat Verbeek to be AGM
  3. Sign Dylan McIlrath to an extension

Let's see how long I can keep this going before I get lazy

I got the over/under @ 5 before you get lazy.

On 5/11/2019 at 2:36 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Steve Yzerman to date:

1. Signed Joe Veleno to ELC
  2. Signed Pat Verbeek to be AGM
  3. Sign Dylan McIlrath to an extension

Let's see how long I can keep this going before I get lazy

Lazy already? You forgot Oliwer Kaski. 

Ok, well, it's an agreed contract, will sign after worlds. 

Yzerplan step by step off-season guide:

Step 1: trade Mantha, Lindstrom, and potentially the 6th for the 8th pick for Ryan Nugent Hopkins. 

Step 2: Use 8th pick (trade back if you still have the 6th for more assets) to select Matthew Boldy or BPA if better. 

Step 3: Sign Gus Nyquist to 5x5 deal. 

Have this in a few short years:

Bert-Larkin-Nyquist

Boldy-RNH-AA

Ras-Veleno-Zadina

Svech-Glen-Berggren/Hirose 

Abby

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Step 1: trade Mantha, Lindstrom, and potentially the 6th for the 8th pick for Ryan Nugent Hopkins. 

Step 2: Use 8th pick (trade back if you still have the 6th for more assets) to select Matthew Boldy or BPA if better. 

Bert-Larkin-Nyquist

Boldy-RNH-AA

Ras-Veleno-Zadina

Abby

Step 1. No.

Step 2. No.

Step 3. No.

13 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Bert-Larkin-Nyquist

Boldy-RNH-AA

Ras-Veleno-Zadina

Abby

See, ^^^this^^^ is quality trolling.

What's YOUR YzerPlan? Here is what I consider, conservatice, yet exciting to get us through next season when E, Daley and Howard fall off the books, giving us tons of cash to lock up AA, Bert and Mantha.

With the $83M Cap and Z plus Franzen LTIR, we have Over $23M to spend.

Here are the two trades I made:

Not that I am eager to have RNH, but there seems to be a lot of rumblings out there.  I do not trade to Holland Mantha, nor AA, I will give him his prize pick in Rasmussen, the #6 and if I need to throw in a Lindstrom of Saarijarvi, so be it, but I get RNH and the #8 pick. Callahan is a pure salary dump for Tampa, allowing them to pursue top UFA's in order to win a Cup. The 1st in 2020 is our incentive to take his salary.

Here is the roster with up to $9.3M in cap left over. That much cap space is useless to have, but with the LTIR, I cannot see anyway of using it.  Maybe we'll need it, maybe not. I give in to wanting to obtain Karlsson, he is just too hurt. I left off Datsyuk, but if we deal a forward for more picks, there would be room. Not that he is going to win us anything (doubt we even make the playoffs) but he puts butts in the seats and for this last season of potential lottery contention, that is very important. There is always the chance that Mike Green is on LTIR as well due to his virus issues, But for now:

Edited by LeftWinger

Trades:

To DET - 2019 4th round pick
To DAL - Trevor Daley ($1,666,666 retained)

To DET - Ryan Callahan, Cal Foote
To TBL - 2019 2nd round pick

Offer Sheets:

Kasperi Kapanen - $4,200,000
Compensation - 2020 2nd round pick

Roster:

Red Wings

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha
Zadina - Athanasiou - Kapanen
Hirose - Nielsen - Callahan
Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm
Ehn / Witkowski

DeKeyser - Green
Ericsson - Hronek
Cholowski - Bowey
Hicketts

Howard
Bernier

LTIR:

Zetterberg
Franzen
de la Rose

Griffins

Rasmussen - Veleno - Terry
Svechnikov - Holmstrom - Frk
Kuffner - Turgeon - Puempel
Elson - Pearson - Smith
Pope / Gallant

Lashoff - Foote
McIsaac - McIlrath
Saarijarvi - Lindstrom

Larsson
Fulcher

Edited by krsmith17

One rumour with Hopkins for mantha and everyone all of a sudden wants him ...thinking adding Callahan and eating salary and flipping him right away is a move I’d be looking at us making with yzermans Tampa connections 

as much as I’d love to add Foote I can’t see that happening , I’d love if we can land tampa’s 1st and give back a 3rd or 4th I’d theyd be willing to do that , 2020 2nd minimum , rather we make our own picks than add a raddysh

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

One rumour with Hopkins for mantha and everyone all of a sudden wants him ...thinking adding Callahan and eating salary and flipping him right away is a move I’d be looking at us making with yzermans Tampa connections 

as much as I’d love to add Foote I can’t see that happening , I’d love if we can land tampa’s 1st and give back a 3rd or 4th I’d theyd be willing to do that , 2020 2nd minimum , rather we make our own picks than add a raddysh

Yup. Taking Callahan for one year makes a lot of sense for us. Especially because Yzerman is familiar with the player and friendly with Brisebois.

However when we unloaded Datsyuk's (bigger) contract, Arizona only got to move up 4 spots in the first round, and lost a 2nd rounder. They also didn't pull the trigger till it was down to the wire and saw that Chychrun was available at the 16 pick.

If that's any sort of reference, I don't think we'll be getting Foote or a 1st rounder for doing Tampa the favor. Especially since Tampa is likely losing Stralman/Girardi/Coburn either this year or next i don't think they will move Foote. I think a 2nd sounds reasonable, or maybe a prospect other than Foote that Yzerrman knows and likes.

The other option is Edmonton with Holland. What about Lucic? Abdelkader and Lucic have contracts that expire the same year. They retain $1.75 so it's a straight up swap. Holland gets his darling Abby and we get a legit enforcer in Lucic? Probably stupid, but I've seen other fans talking about this possibility