• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trouba requested a trade to NYR?

No. I was referring to people saying that any good move Holland makes, "fell into his lap"... (eg. Tatar trade)

I don't really buy it. Holland made that trade happen, no matter the circumstances. Same goes for Yzerman and the St. Louis trade.

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

No. I was referring to people saying that any good move Holland makes, "fell into his lap"... (eg. Tatar trade)

I don't really buy it. Holland made that trade happen, no matter the circumstances. Same goes for Yzerman and the St. Louis trade.

I mean I give credit to Yzerman for the return

I don't think the Tatar trade fell into Holland's lap at all. I think it somewhat did with Yzerman and MSL, as Marty specifically asked Stevie to trade him to NYR.

29 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I mean I give credit to Yzerman for the return

I don't think the Tatar trade fell into Holland's lap at all. I think it somewhat did with Yzerman and MSL, as Marty specifically asked Stevie to trade him to NYR.

I disagree. If anything, it's more impressive that Yzerman was able to get such a great return from the Rangers, knowing he had a NTC and was only willing to waive to go to New York.

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I disagree. If anything, it's more impressive that Yzerman was able to get such a great return from the Rangers, knowing he had a NTC and was only willing to waive to go to New York.

I literally said I give credit to Yzerman for the return.

When a player walks into your office and asks to be traded to a specific other team I think that's literally the definition of a trade falling into ones lap lol

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I literally said I give credit to Yzerman for the return.

When a player walks into your office and asks to be traded to a specific other team I think that's literally the definition of a trade falling into ones lap lol

Sorry, misread your last post. Kind of confused what your point is though... Are you relating this back to Daley at all? Do you think Yzerman would / will only trade Daley if he requests a trade? Or are you only speaking on the St. Louis trade?

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Sorry, misread your last post. Kind of confused what your point is though... Are you relating this back to Daley at all? Do you think Yzerman would / will only trade Daley if he requests a trade? Or are you only speaking on the St. Louis trade?

Literally just talking about Yzerman

16 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

First off, moving Witkowski would have not opened a spot for Cholowski. You don't move your 7th defenseman to make room for a developing kid to become your 7th defenseman... Witkowski is the perfect guy to sit 75% of the games, not a developing defenseman.

Second, Jensen over Daley was not at all hindsight. I think most Red Wings fans seen the decline in Daley's game before the beginning of last season, which is the case for most average 35+ year old players.

1. Cholowski being sent down to GR, wouldn't be the worst thing for his development, but if he does, I would hope it's because we've acquired another top four defenseman, or a player like Kaski legitimately beats him out of a spot, not because we don't want to hurt Daley's feelings...

2. I personally don't care about 5th, 6th, 7th round draft picks. At least not enough to keep a player like Daley in the lineup for half a season over Cholowski.

3. I also don't care about him having his name on the Cup... Colin Fraser also has his name on the Cup multiple times. Maybe we should acquire him...

4. Yzerman has shown in his time with Tampa that he doesn't give a s*** about "looking like a good guy"... He bought out Vincent Lecavalier and traded Martin St. Louis. Both of which were much better players and bigger pieces to their team at the time

1. Daley or no Daley, I still start Cholowski in GR. My point is that buying out Daley is pointless if Cholowski is in GR.

2. If ur giving up a late pick to buyout a player unnecessarily, that's a waste.

3. There's a difference between needlessly buying out a player and needlessly adding a player.

4. Apples and Oranges. MSL had a falling out with Yzerman and wanted off the team. Yzerman traded him. Lecavalier was a 33 yo with 7 years and 45 mil left on his contract. It was an albatross that HAD to be rid of. It was handcuffing the team. Neither of those moves were "ruthless" and are not even close to comparable to Daley.

26 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

1. Daley or no Daley, I still start Cholowski in GR. My point is that buying out Daley is pointless if Cholowski is in GR.

2. If ur giving up a late pick to buyout a player unnecessarily, that's a waste.

3. There's a difference between needlessly buying out a player and needlessly adding a player.

4. Apples and Oranges. MSL had a falling out with Yzerman and wanted off the team. Yzerman traded him. Lecavalier was a 33 yo with 7 years and 45 mil left on his contract. It was an albatross that HAD to be rid of. It was handcuffing the team. Neither of those moves were "ruthless" and are not even close to comparable to Daley.

1. If you think Cholowski NEEDS more time in Grand Rapids, then whatever. I disagree.

2. I've already said that I'd attempt to trade him first. If we could get a late pick for him at the deadline, I'm sure we could get something similar this summer.

Picks in the 5th round or later, have about a 10% chance of turning into an NHL player and much lower than that for a top six forward / top four defenseman. I wouldn't lose too much sleep over not getting that late pick...

3. According to you, having a Stanley Cup ring makes him a hot commodity, so how is it needlessly adding a player?

4. You're right. Not comparable at all. Lecavalier was still a 60-70 point top six center. Hardly an "albatross that HAD to be rid of". Daley is a 15-20 point bottom pairing defenseman (to be generous)... Not ruthless? Lecavalier was also a captain and face of that franchise for over a decade. Daley is a journeyman that has been with the team for two seasons... If anything, the fact that Yzerman pulled the trigger on a Lecavalier buy-out proves that he wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on a Daley buy-out.

It's not about the cap penalty, because like I posted previously, the hit would be minimal for the next two seasons. It's about the quality (or lack thereof) of the on-ice product. Daley was terrible last season, and unless he spends all summer bathing in the fountain of youth, I doubt things improve for him...

Trade his ass back to Dallas for a late round pick (retain 50%).

Here's the twist on Trouba...

Apparently Trouba's Dad is a convicted felon and can't travel over the border to Canada to visit him, or watch his son play at home in Winnipeg for that matter. So there's a strong desire on Trouba's part to play for an American based team.

Not sure if this is true or not, just picked it up while digging for rumors

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Apparently Trouba's Dad is a convicted felon and can't travel over the border to Canada to visit him, or watch his son play at home in Winnipeg for that matter. So there's a strong desire on Trouba's part to play for an American based team.

Just came across the same thing on Twitter...

I wonder if his dad is still living in Michigan?... :ninja:

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IIRC - it was something fraud related, and yeah - not allowed in Canada.

Not sure if either team would be interested, but Trouba for Nylander might work for both clubs...Wonder if Stevie Y has any interest - when taking into account Trouba's history of signing contracts (or lack there of), and his father coming off as a real dirtbag - I could see Stevie taking a pass on this.

Edited by F.Michael

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Just came across the same thing on Twitter...

I wonder if his dad is still living in Michigan?... :ninja:

IDK if this means anything, but Trouba bought a home in Florida in late 2017. His fiance also lists Florida as her location on social media platforms.

Probably just a vacation home but it's something to speculate about.

I feel like a stalker.

4 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

IIRC - it was something fraud related, and yeah - not allowed in Canada.

Not sure if either team would be interested, but Trouba for Nylander might work for both clubs...Wonder if Stevie Y has any interest - when taking into account Trouba's history of signing contracts (or lack there of), and his father coming off as a real dirtbag - I could see Stevie taking a pass on this.

By Nylander, I assume you're referring to William? While that does seem like a reasonable trade, it doesn't solve the "Trouba want to play in the States" conundrum...

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK if this means anything, but Trouba bought a home in Florida in late 2017. His fiance also lists Florida as her location on social media platforms.

Probably just a vacation home but it's something to speculate about.

I feel like a stalker.

Yes, just a vacation spot. I'm not sure if you heard, but Trouba wants to be a Red Wing... :ninja:

f*** boys, it's over, I was wrong to doubt you. He's definitely coming to Detroit confirmed.

TJ Trouba, Trouba's younger brother, was hired by the Red Wings in 2017 to be a ticket sales account manager.

Confirmed via linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tj-trouba

11 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

By Nylander, I assume you're referring to William? While that does seem like a reasonable trade, it doesn't solve the "Trouba want to play in the States" conundrum...

Yes, just a vacation spot. I'm not sure if you heard, but Trouba wants to be a Red Wing... :ninja:

Yes - Willy Boy...I figure with Toronto being such a large city - Trouba's father could probably mingle in without being noticed...Just wear a plaid shirt, a fake moustache, talk aboot maple syrup, Canadian bacon,and say 'eh' a lot, and I'm certain nobody would notice.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

f*** boys, it's over, I was wrong to doubt you. He's definitely coming to Detroit confirmed.

TJ Trouba, Trouba's younger brother, was hired by the Red Wings in 2017 to be a ticket sales account manager.

If this is the case - Stevie Y better lay the smack down early so Jackie doesn't get stoopid.

Watch TJ empty the Ilitch family bank accounts...Make his old man proud!

Edited by F.Michael

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I feel like a stalker.

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Confirmed yes. His dad John still works in Southfield Michigan.

Nah...

16 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Did I not mention that I was getting harassing phone calls from TJ about ticket plans last summer?

I should have said, "Sure, I'll buy a plan when you're brother's signed to the team. kthanksbye!"

Edited by e_prime

21 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

When did Yzerman trade with the Blues?

10 minutes ago, e_prime said:

Did I not mention that I was getting harassing phone calls from TJ about ticket plans last summer?

I should have said, "Sure, I'll buy a plan when you're brother's signed to the team. kthanksbye!"

Why give up assets to trade for Jacob?  Why dont we just promote TJ from ticket sales to roster defenseman? Problem solved.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

13 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Why give up assets to trade for Jacob?  Why dont we just promote TJ from ticket sales to roster defenseman? Problem solved.

I think he needs another year playing top minutes in Grand Rapids.  He ain't ready for the show.