• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

"Those types of players"... Mantha never cracked the NHL until he was 22. A LOT of players that go on to have very successful NHL careers don't start in the NHL until they're 21+ years old. Raddysh is 21 now, and could be ready to make the jump as early as this season, or possibly the following season.

It's not about which player will make it sooner, it's about who has the better chance of making it, and right now, Raddysh had a better chance of making it than any of the potential 2nd round picks coming up in this draft. It's common sense that somehow escapes you...

"My precious Raddysh"... Because I'd prefer him over a crap shoot pick? LOL

"But hey, it's fine. Keep thinking Foote gets moved"... Nope, you don't try to spin words at all... Go back and count how many times I've said that Tampa likely wouldn't have to give up Foote to trade Callahan. Literally all I'm saying is that it's happened several times in the past, and it could happen again. Likely? No. Possible? Yes.

It's actually amazing how illiterate you are... I always knew you couldn't form a sentence with proper punctuation, but apparently you can't read for s*** either...

Stop trying to twist my words to fit you're dumbass arguments...

Lots of players don’t make the league till 21-22 lots of them also become wastes so there’s no guarantee this so called proven prospect will turn out to be a mantha 

yes right now raddysh has every chance of making it than any 2nd round picks ... you should call mcisaac and let him know 

Could Foote be moved be to trade Callahan? Sure if yzerman injects some heroine into briseboi and make him sign his name on the paper , will it happen? 100% no , happy?

Just cause you try and make yourself seem out to be some knowledgeable ahole doesn’t make it so , I understand all your bulls*** just don’t agree with all of it on these matters you  should go preach it to so someone else who’ll agree with you it’s clear as day we’re annoying the s*** out of eachother and this bs has run its course 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

KRS and NIF, shut up already.

You don’t wanna read , Mind your business and move On

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes, I know. I was using the 50 point number for Green because thats what he used when comparing him to Karlsson in his post. His number, not mine.

My point was that when Karlsson is the same age as Green is now, and assuming he is only still averaging 56 points a season, is he worth 50 to 100 percent more in salary and double the contract length for a marginal increase in scoring (using the numbers he posted)?

In reality, Green's numbers are much lower that Karlsson's but for the sake of his argument I was using it.

I wasnt advocating for re-signing Green. Just saying that I would rather have him on his contract at his age than Karlsson at the same age on a much more expensive and longer term contract.

See above.

Karlsson would demand more money and term than green cause he’s simply better ,You’d prefer green shorter money and term today over Karlsson that’s fine , Agree to disagree 

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes, I know. I was using the 50 point number for Green because thats what he used when comparing him to Karlsson in his post. His number, not mine.

My point was that when Karlsson is the same age as Green is now, and assuming he is only still averaging 56 points a season, is he worth 50 to 100 percent more in salary and double the contract length for a marginal increase in scoring (using the numbers he posted)?

In reality, Green's numbers are much lower that Karlsson's but for the sake of his argument I was using it.

I wasnt advocating for re-signing Green. Just saying that I would rather have him on his contract at his age than Karlsson at the same age on a much more expensive and longer term contract.

See above.

He didn't say Green was a 50 point player, he said he scored at a 50 point pace this year. Big difference. Going by pace, Karlsson would be a 68 point player for his career. In actual numbers though Karlsson scores about twice as much as Green. So yeah, he deserves double or more what Green does. And if Green, who had much more injury trouble at that age (missed at least 7 games, and 21.5 on average every year from 08-09 to 13-14), is any indication, Karlsson should hold up pretty well for at least the next 5 seasons, and mostly likely fine for the full 7. 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Lots of players don’t make the league till 21-22 lots of them also become wastes so there’s no guarantee this so called proven prospect will turn out to be a mantha 

Trying to make it seem like I think Raddysh will turn out to be Mantha... Not at all what I said.

yes right now raddysh has every chance of making it than any 2nd round picks ... you should call mcisaac and let him know 

Trying to make it seem like I think Raddysh has a better chance of making it than every 2nd round pick... Not at all what I said.

Just cause you try and make yourself seem out to be some knowledgeable ahole doesn’t make it so , I understand all your bulls*** just don’t agree with all of it on these matters you  should go preach it to so someone else who’ll agree with you it’s clear as day we’re annoying the s*** out of eachother and this bs has run its course 

No, you clearly don't understand anything I'm saying... It's okay though. Compression is hard.

50 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Well I think it makes a difference whether we get a top 5 pick let’s say or get 13th unless get lucky and pull off another Larkin type pick , better luck being closer to the top , Same with our second rounders 

next years draft is suppose to be as good if not better than this years draft so yes I’m looking ahead and thinking of the future , yes we have some nice young pieces but zadina,veleno,Berggren,mcisaac and countless others haven’t even played a full season yet and Rasmussen is likely to start in Grand Rapids , I know it sucks and I want us to win cups as quick as possible but I’m trying to think longterm so we’re not like the oilers and make the playoffs once or twice  Every 12 yrs 

im sure yzerman doesn’t want us to continue to suck, I’m sure we’ll be competitive and win some games And even lose close ones I just hope either we get lucky somehow and win the lottery or all the teams for the most part are close in the standings again and if it’s clear with 5-6 games we won’t get in I hope we drop from 8th to 3rd , anyways we’ll see what happens this season either way I’ll be excited to watch the kids in Detroit get better and hopefully some griffins games as well

You're still not grasping the core concept here. 

In regards to our future, the only difference between making the playoffs this year or not is our 2020 draft position, and the only pick where that difference is even likely to be noticeable is with the first rounder. Historically there is very little difference between an early 2nd and a mid-2nd, and no significant differences in later picks. It doesn't matter what you think of our prospects or players, because they are not going to change. They aren't going to all suck if we draft 19th or 13th, but magically transform into the great core of a perennial contender if we draft 3rd. 

You're talking about 1 pick, whether you realize it or not. And that absolutely is not going to be the difference between another long streak and turning into the Oilers. It's ridiculous to think so.

We are not likely to win the lottery, even if we're terrible next year. (And if we are that bad, we might not have any hope even we do win it.) I think we will be better than last year even if we don't add anyone. If we don't try to fix our weaknesses, that is how we'll end up mired in mediocrity. Or worse, we'll start chasing lottery wins, trade away pieces we already have, develop a culture of losing, and never get any better. 

I would rather pick 17th because we tried hard, started to learn how to win, added a key UFA or two, and maybe made a trade to shore up a weakness, than pick 8th because we didn't want to win too much and hurt our lottery chances, then because we didn't win, repeat the same process the next season.

Regardless of whether we add any UFAs this year, our goal should be to win as many games as we can, not to get the best lottery odds.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Trying to make it seem like I think Raddysh will turn out to be Mantha... Not at all what I said.

Trying to make it seem like I think Raddysh has a better chance of making it than every 2nd round pick... Not at all what I said.

No, you clearly don't understand anything I'm saying... It's okay though. Compression is hard.

Oh I understand what your saying I just don’t agree with anything your saying , comprehend that? I’m done with this bs 

6 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Oh I understand what your saying I just don’t agree with anything your saying , comprehend that? I’m done with this bs 

You very clearly didn't understand a thing I was saying, which is why you constantly attempted to twist my words... It's all good though. 

2 hours ago, Buppy said:

You're still not grasping the core concept here. 

In regards to our future, the only difference between making the playoffs this year or not is our 2020 draft position, and the only pick where that difference is even likely to be noticeable is with the first rounder. Historically there is very little difference between an early 2nd and a mid-2nd, and no significant differences in later picks. It doesn't matter what you think of our prospects or players, because they are not going to change. They aren't going to all suck if we draft 19th or 13th, but magically transform into the great core of a perennial contender if we draft 3rd. 

You're talking about 1 pick, whether you realize it or not. And that absolutely is not going to be the difference between another long streak and turning into the Oilers. It's ridiculous to think so.

We are not likely to win the lottery, even if we're terrible next year. (And if we are that bad, we might not have any hope even we do win it.) I think we will be better than last year even if we don't add anyone. If we don't try to fix our weaknesses, that is how we'll end up mired in mediocrity. Or worse, we'll start chasing lottery wins, trade away pieces we already have, develop a culture of losing, and never get any better. 

I would rather pick 17th because we tried hard, started to learn how to win, added a key UFA or two, and maybe made a trade to shore up a weakness, than pick 8th because we didn't want to win too much and hurt our lottery chances, then because we didn't win, repeat the same process the next season.

Regardless of whether we add any UFAs this year, our goal should be to win as many games as we can, not to get the best lottery odds.

Where did I say our prospects would suck if we drafted 13th instead of 3rd? We took care of business in 2018 and hopefully we will again but those kids aren’t ready to make some noise yet in the nhl or if they play they won’t be counted on yet to be impactful players , I’m saying we’d be better off longterm with a top 5 pick in 2020, preferably top 3 if you wanna shoot for the stars, how can we not be ?

hawks have a ton of good d prospects as is but might add byram for example , we might have zadina,veleno, #6 pick but if we added a top 3 pick and Got lafreniere,holtz Or  Raymond let’s say to add to that core group we should be that much better off longterm , ask hawks and pens fans how much a top 3 pick can change a team and yes you can bring up the oilers but teams been a s*** show for 10+yrs now they have no clue wtf they been doing 

are we likely to win the lottery next year? Probably not but I’ll tell you what if we still have that brilliant defense from last season we have as good a shot as anyone else to have a top 5 pick , as much as I like our top 6 and hronek’s progression our defensive core group is atrocious and Howard is aging so who knows how he’ll be next season

im not worried about developing a losing culture , yzerman is here now and every wings fan should be confident this thing will get turned around, he also preached patience so doesn’t mean we’ll all of a sudden be 4 pts out of a playoff spot , you see how close the standings were last season? It’ll likely be the same again , as long as the young guys like Larkin,mantha,bertuzzi,hronek,AA,hirose keep going upwards we’ll be heading in the right direction ... and I know some people support blashill here but I don’t and think this is mos this likely his last season as head coach here and for me that’ll only mean that things will get better 

picking 17th also means we’d make the playoffs and I don’t think we’re there just yet ...Tampa ,Toronto,Boston,caps,pens are probably locks then you have teams like On the upswing like Carolina,nyi,mtl and if Florida gets panarin and babrovsky , realistically I don’t see us getting in or close ....I could be wrong but I don’t see it , 2020-2021 in my head is where I think things turn for us , yes a top pick would be nice but also believe trouba will be here and zadina will be more ready , hopefully Rasmussen and veleno, adding another free agent beside trouba 

this teams goal will will always be to win they don’t care about the lottery position ,I myself personally am hoping we get a great pick and our younger players on this team just keeps getting better and learning the game , our Grand Rapids team is gonna be stacked full of promising young players this year and griffins season will have just as much of an impact on our future as the kids on the wings next year , should be a fun season to watch all the kids playing

8 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You very clearly didn't understand a thing I was saying, which is why you constantly attempted to twist my words... It's all good though. 

I understood perfectly it’s not my f***en problem you don’t understand that I believe there’s a zero percent chance of Foote being dealt for example to get rid of a contract regardless of your examples of moves that happened 3 years ago, teams have learned from those stupid mistakes

anyways yes it is all good I’m done with this nonsense 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Where did I say our prospects would suck if we drafted 13th instead of 3rd? We took care of business in 2018 and hopefully we will again but those kids aren’t ready to make some noise yet in the nhl or if they play they won’t be counted on yet to be impactful players , I’m saying we’d be better off longterm with a top 5 pick in 2020, preferably top 3 if you wanna shoot for the stars, how can we not be ?

are we likely to win the lottery next year? Probably not but I’ll tell you what if we still have that brilliant defense from last season we have as good a shot as anyone else to have a top 5 pick , as much as I like our top 6 and hronek’s progression our defensive core group is atrocious and Howard is aging so who knows how he’ll be next season

im not worried about developing a losing culture , yzerman is here now and every wings fan should be confident this thing will get turned around, he also preached patience so doesn’t mean we’ll all of a sudden be 4 pts out of a playoff spot , you see how close the standings were last season? It’ll likely be the same again , as long as the young guys like Larkin,mantha,bertuzzi,hronek,AA,hirose keep going upwards we’ll be heading in the right direction ... and I know some people support blashill here but I don’t and think this is mos this likely his last season as head coach here and for me that’ll only mean that things will get better 

I said that to emphasize that nothing other than one draft pick would change, and you keep bringing up everyone else on the team/in the system while trying to argue that the future of our franchise depends on getting a top-5 pick next year. 

Of course we'd be "better off" with a top-5 or 3 pick, but the problem is that will always be true. If we win the lottery in 2020 we'd be better off, no doubt. Then at that point you start thinking about how you'd be even better off with another lottery win in 2021. And if we don't win the lottery (which is far more likely) that 2021 lottery will start to look more like a "need", and before you know it you're thinking AA, Mantha, and Bert are getting older and you're wondering what kind of picks we could get for them.

The closeness of the standings is exactly why we shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on a lottery win. Even being just a little better: AA and Mantha a little more consistent, Cholo and Hronek mature a little more, or another prospect or two steps up...things that aren't too unlikely, and should maybe even be expected...and all of a sudden we're picking 10th. Is Dylan Holloway or Cole Perfetti or whoever going to be any more of a difference maker than Connor Zary or Theo Rochette or whoever? Decisions shouldn't be based on unrealistic dreams of winning the lottery.

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I understood perfectly it’s not my f***en problem you don’t understand that I believe there’s a zero percent chance of Foote being dealt for example to get rid of a contract regardless of your examples of moves that happened 3 years ago, teams have learned from those stupid mistakes

anyways yes it is all good I’m done with this nonsense 

So?... You're saying you don't understand...

The same way you're not understanding what Buppy is saying...

For the record, I actually agree that we should be patient for one more season, but you're clearly not understanding his point, and going on with a bunch of other random s***, that he's not even talking about...

6 hours ago, Buppy said:

I said that to emphasize that nothing other than one draft pick would change, and you keep bringing up everyone else on the team/in the system while trying to argue that the future of our franchise depends on getting a top-5 pick next year. 

Of course we'd be "better off" with a top-5 or 3 pick, but the problem is that will always be true. If we win the lottery in 2020 we'd be better off, no doubt. Then at that point you start thinking about how you'd be even better off with another lottery win in 2021. And if we don't win the lottery (which is far more likely) that 2021 lottery will start to look more like a "need", and before you know it you're thinking AA, Mantha, and Bert are getting older and you're wondering what kind of picks we could get for them.

The closeness of the standings is exactly why we shouldn't be pinning all our hopes on a lottery win. Even being just a little better: AA and Mantha a little more consistent, Cholo and Hronek mature a little more, or another prospect or two steps up...things that aren't too unlikely, and should maybe even be expected...and all of a sudden we're picking 10th. Is Dylan Holloway or Cole Perfetti or whoever going to be any more of a difference maker than Connor Zary or Theo Rochette or whoever? Decisions shouldn't be based on unrealistic dreams of winning the lottery.

I get exactly what your saying I just think we’d be better off longterm with a top 5 pick in a very deep 2020 draft than say 17th , I get what your saying that you don’t want us to build a losing culture by tanking every year and would want to see us compete I just don’t think that would happen in our case as long as the players keep progressing and getting better which they will, our most important players that will help guide us to a better future haven’t even played a full season yet so I’m not worried if we finished towards the bottom that we’ll be the next oilers 

If we have easily one of the worse d’s in the league and it won’t change much + an aging goalie which will result in games lost , a good  scenario in my mind is something like if we finished 5th worst but we’re like 10 pts away from being 11th , gives us a good enough shot at a great pick and it shows we’re not far off from being a playoff team and beyond 

i never brough up getting a 2021 lottery pick the only time I mentioned 2021 is when I believed we’d be ready to make some noise and be real good in the 2020-2021 season, I’m not expecting us to be this big up and coming team next year.... yes AA and mantha should be more consistent and better as you mentioned but hronek will be in his first full nhl season , I’m sure there will be mistakes at times but it’s nothing to worry about and part of the learning progress ,Same will happen likely with zadina and  cholowski will probably start down

I don’t think we’ll have many prospects up this season full time , hronek , hirose and maybe zadina plays all year but that’s not even 100% yet , point is for me anyways you can hope or think we’ll finish around 10th I don’t think it’ll happen especially with the horrendous back end we have and young guys playing full seasons but I do think we’re on the up , let’s not forget all the teams around us who will be better or stay the same? Would anyone be shocked if the only team were ahead of next season is Ottawa ?if you look at the standings and teams there’s not that many you can look at and say we’re better than those teams for sure next season

There’s zero decisions from yzerman that will be based on trying to win the lottery, yzermans priority is to make the team better now and into the future Not tank , I’m just saying I don’t think we’re good enough today unless we signed Karlsson and traded for trouba and made those types of moves to be in playoff contention for the upcoming season and for me personally I’d prefer to be close in the standings all year and in the last 10 games lose close games and end up with a top pick, that’s it pure and simple ... you don’t like my take and that’s fine 

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So?... You're saying you don't understand...

The same way you're not understanding what Buppy is saying...

For the record, I actually agree that we should be patient for one more season, but you're clearly not understanding his point, and going on with a bunch of other random s***, that he's not even talking about...

I don’t agree with your opinions what’s not to understand? You don’t agree with mine , guess what I don’t care I don’t wanna keep going about the same thing over and over for another 12 hrs plain and simple, guess you don’t understand that 

don’t you worry about buppy and i’s convo 

The real problem that all of you dont understand is that the Wings arent tanking.  They are just losing.  I think we made sure to lose one game last seaon - Buffalo.  But it looked like they tried to win every other game.  So i think you need to veer from the tanking talk and steer towards whether or not we play our best players or not.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

The real problem that all of you dont understand is that the Wings arent tanking.  They are just losing.  I think we made sure to lose one game last seaon - Buffalo.  But it looked like they tried to win every other game.  So i think you need to veer from the tanking talk and steer towards whether or not we play our best players or not.

Think we all understand we’re not trying to tank and we just suck plain and simple , from a coach who thinks it’s a good idea put our bottom line guys at the end of the game to try and get a goal to the roster just not being good 

now by best players I’m guessing you mean the kids ? Well I can’t see cholowski starting the season with the club , Rasmussen I think it would be better for him to start down at least for 10-20 games and play a ton of minutes and get top ppl time , Same with veleno .... only kid for sure playing 100% all season is hronek ,hirose will start and has a good chance to stay the season If he plays like he did at the end of last season but if he starts to wander off for 15-20 games he’ll get sent down

Same with zadina ... so I don’t know what most people are expecting but I’m expecting same as Last season , us trying to win and we’ll fall near the bottom unless we start trading for trouba now and adding Karlsson and getting a panarin or some drastic moves It’ll be another long season , most of the kids aren’t ready for full time duties  to help us get over the hump , it is what it is at the moment 

Think we all understand we’re not trying to tank and we just suck plain and simple , from a coach who thinks it’s a good idea put our bottom line guys at the end of the game to try and get a goal to the roster just not being good 

now by best players I’m guessing you mean the kids ? Well I can’t see cholowski starting the season with the club , Rasmussen I think it would be better for him to start down at least for 10-20 games and play a ton of minutes and get top ppl time , Same with veleno .... only kid for sure playing 100% all season is hronek ,hirose will start and has a good chance to stay the season If he plays like he did at the end of last season but if he starts to wander off for 15-20 games he’ll get sent down

Same with zadina ... so I don’t know what most people are expecting but I’m expecting same as Last season , us trying to win and we’ll fall near the bottom unless we start trading for trouba now and adding Karlsson and getting a panarin or some drastic moves It’ll be another long season , most of the kids aren’t ready for full time duties  to help us get over the hump , it is what it is at the moment 

Why arent they ready?  Veleno is the only guy i think that may need 40-50 games in GR.  The rest need to be in the NHL.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Hirose-Athanasiou-Zadina

Rasmussen-Ehn-DelaRose

Glendening-pick #6-Svechnikov

Nielsen, Helm, and Abdelkader need to get lost.

39 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Why arent they ready?  Veleno is the only guy i think that may need 40-50 games in GR.  The rest need to be in the NHL.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Hirose-Athanasiou-Zadina

Rasmussen-Ehn-DelaRose

Ideally that top 6 you have is what the lines will look like to start , Rasmussen was the 9th overall pick do we really wanna start moulding him into being a bottom 6 guy? He might be headed that way and that’s fine but do we really wanna stump his offensive production and his confidence by putting him with ehn and delarose? He needs to go down and play a ton of minutes and hopefully turn out to be an offensive force , putting him with ehn and delarose will just kill the kid 

#6 pick regardless of who it is won’t start next season , we just have to accept the fact abdelkader and Nielsen aren’t going anywhere , helm possibly I wouldn’t bet for it happening 

6 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I get exactly what your saying I just think we’d be better off longterm with a top 5 pick in a very deep 2020 draft than say 17th , I get what your saying that you don’t want us to build a losing culture by tanking every year and would want to see us compete I just don’t think that would happen in our case as long as the players keep progressing and getting better which they will, our most important players that will help guide us to a better future haven’t even played a full season yet so I’m not worried if we finished towards the bottom that we’ll be the next oilers 

If we have easily one of the worse d’s in the league and it won’t change much + an aging goalie which will result in games lost , a good  scenario in my mind is something like if we finished 5th worst but we’re like 10 pts away from being 11th , gives us a good enough shot at a great pick and it shows we’re not far off from being a playoff team and beyond 

i never brough up getting a 2021 lottery pick the only time I mentioned 2021 is when I believed we’d be ready to make some noise and be real good in the 2020-2021 season, I’m not expecting us to be this big up and coming team next year.... yes AA and mantha should be more consistent and better as you mentioned but hronek will be in his first full nhl season , I’m sure there will be mistakes at times but it’s nothing to worry about and part of the learning progress ,Same will happen likely with zadina and  cholowski will probably start down

I don’t think we’ll have many prospects up this season full time , hronek , hirose and maybe zadina plays all year but that’s not even 100% yet , point is for me anyways you can hope or think we’ll finish around 10th I don’t think it’ll happen especially with the horrendous back end we have and young guys playing full seasons but I do think we’re on the up , let’s not forget all the teams around us who will be better or stay the same? Would anyone be shocked if the only team were ahead of next season is Ottawa ?if you look at the standings and teams there’s not that many you can look at and say we’re better than those teams for sure next season

There’s zero decisions from yzerman that will be based on trying to win the lottery, yzermans priority is to make the team better now and into the future Not tank , I’m just saying I don’t think we’re good enough today unless we signed Karlsson and traded for trouba and made those types of moves to be in playoff contention for the upcoming season and for me personally I’d prefer to be close in the standings all year and in the last 10 games lose close games and end up with a top pick, that’s it pure and simple ... you don’t like my take and that’s fine

Not worried about becoming the Oilers if we're a bottom 5 team, but you would be if we made the playoffs. 

I know you didn't bring up 2021. Obviously that would be silly since we haven't even not made our 2020 pick yet.

I don't believe Yzerman will base his decisions on the lottery. That's why I'm not arguing with him. But your entire argument against trying to add any UFAs is that you don't want to hurt our lottery chances. 

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Hirose-Athanasiou-Zadina

Rasmussen-Ehn-DelaRose

Again getting rid of all 3 at the same time is easier said than done , Daley is the most realist to be deal ... not enough roster spots for someone like veleno at the moment and I can easily see him coming down for the last 10 games like zadina did last year unless we suffer a ton of horrible injuries 

I seriously doubt the #6 pick will start next season unless we have another Rasmussen situation and after the season went I’m sure they’ll keep the pick down , I can’t see that pick playing in Detroit, as for Rasmussen I’d personally see him down and dominating that playing with ehn and and delarose , svechnikov I doubt starts in Detroit unless he goes bezerk in the preseason, he hasn’t played in a long time and will likely start down 

we’ll see what happens , between making a trade or some player on a 1-2 yr deal I’m sure yzerman will get someone

14 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

yzer-plan:

trade for Callahan to get more picks

trade for Trouba 

draft Cozens or Caufield

July 2020 sign Krug.

Trade for Callahan and picks

eat salary and trade Callahan for a pick

Tell trouba to be patient and wait till July 2020 and he won’t regret it

draft one of byram turcotte  podkolzin

trade up and land a beecher/tracey type prospect 

pretend teams are calling in on Darren helm and have ken Holland call him frantically and offering him a pick 

celebrate 4th of July by getting s*** faced 

6 minutes ago, Buppy said:

Not worried about becoming the Oilers if we're a bottom 5 team, but you would be if we made the playoffs. 

I know you didn't bring up 2021. Obviously that would be silly since we haven't even not made our 2020 pick yet.

I don't believe Yzerman will base his decisions on the lottery. That's why I'm not arguing with him. But your entire argument against trying to add any UFAs is that you don't want to hurt our lottery chances. 

I wouldn’t think we’d be the oilers if we made the playoffs I’d just think it would be a waste at this moment cause I think we’d be outed first round and miss out on a franchise type prospect and yes I know , playoff experience etc... id just prefer to get the high end talent at this point to go with all the top prospects we’re getting now 

I just don’t think we’ll be adding any ufa’s at this point unless it’s a player with a short deal , 1-2 years max .... non of the top stars will want to come to Detroit now , I think next July will be when we make our big splash 

Ideally that top 6 you have is what the lines will look like to start , Rasmussen was the 9th overall pick do we really wanna start moulding him into being a bottom 6 guy? He might be headed that way and that’s fine but do we really wanna stump his offensive production and his confidence by putting him with ehn and delarose? He needs to go down and play a ton of minutes and hopefully turn out to be an offensive force , putting him with ehn and delarose will just kill the kid 

#6 pick regardless of who it is won’t start next season , we just have to accept the fact abdelkader and Nielsen aren’t going anywhere , helm possibly I wouldn’t bet for it happening 

As long as he gets the net front time on the pp, hes fine being the high forward on a checking line 5 on 5.  Rasmussen-Ehn-DelaRose would be a damn good 3rd line, imo.

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Hirose-Athanasiou-Zadina

Rasmussen-Ehn-DelaRose

Nielsen, Helm, and Abby are all better than Ehn and DLR and should be there over those 2.