• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Well, this is exactly what led us to the cellar dweller finish last season.  I guess you want the same, while i want something different.

I see your point.  We are crippled by bad contracts for a bit.

I dont think replacing Nielsen, Abby, and Helm with Ehn, DLR andKumpfer or Svech would have moved this team up the standings at all.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

I genuinely don't understand why everybody is so quick to get rid of Abby.  I get that his production has curtailed the last few seasons but his ice time has fallen by about 3 minutes per game since his career highs in 2015 and 2016.  And that reduction is ice is EXACTLY what everybody wanted in the first place.  Now the big complaint is that he doens't score.  The reasoning is pretty circular.  Then people freak out about his contract, which has not affected the team negatively in any conceivable way.  So I can't understand that one either.  Then they say he's eating up a roster spot, but when guys like Ehn, De La Rose, Witkowski, and Frk are on the team it's pretty hard to argue that roster spots are at a premium. 

I say let his contract run out.  And in the mean time let him be a good locker room guy.  Let him teach the kids how to work out like a pro, eat like a pro, practice like a pro, be responsible on roadtrips, hold them accountable on the ice, and all that.  And all the while keep reducing his role as other guys peak until he's a regular scratch.  That would cost the team nothing and might actually benefit the organization in the long term. 

Abby is retiring a Red Wing.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

IF Veleno proves in camp that he's ready to make the jump, I'd have no problem moving Athanasiou to the wing, as I believe he's better suited there anyway. I agree that he's likely to start in Grand Rapids, and I'd be fine with that. But I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team out of camp either.

You could roll with:

Bert-Larkin-Mantha

AA-Veleno-Zadina

Hirose-Nielsen-Ras

Helm-Glendening-Abby

Svech, Ehn

1 minute ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Abdelkader is trash.  If the Wings waived him, he'd go unclaimed.

If the Wings waived him and he went unclaimed they'd eat 3 million dollars per year until 2023.  Again, f*cking retarded. And of course the first time during that period that they couldn't sign some UFA that you wanted you'd ***** endlessly about how badly they'd mismanaged the cap.

7 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If the Wings waived him and he went unclaimed they'd eat 3 million dollars per year until 2023.  Again, f*cking retarded. And of course the first time during that period that they couldn't sign some UFA that you wanted you'd ***** endlessly about how badly they'd mismanaged the cap.

He WOULD go unclaimed.  Hes a god damn albatross.  Worst contract in the league now that Phaneuf is bought out.

8 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

He WOULD go unclaimed.  Hes a god damn albatross.  Worst contract in the league now that Phaneuf is bought out.

I agree that he'd go unclaimed.  My point is THAT WOULD BE A BAD THING because you'd having a significant amout of cap space wasted.  As long as he's better than at least one other player you're better off riding out his contract with him playing limited minutes and spending significant time in the press box as he continues to age. 

I swear I'd love to see how half the members of LGW would fare as GMs in the NHL.  You'd have 20 rookies on the team and about 30 million in dead cap money. 

Edited by kipwinger

45 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I agree that he'd go unclaimed.  My point is THAT WOULD BE A BAD THING because you'd having a significant amout of cap space wasted.  As long as he's better than at least one other player you're better off riding out his contract with him playing limited minutes and spending significant time in the press box as he continues to age. 

I swear I'd love to see how half the members of LGW would fare as GMs in the NHL.  You'd have 20 rookies on the team and about 30 million in dead cap money. 

I'd do great.  I would play all our kids.  Youre right.  You think its healthy for a team to have Abdelkader making 4.25 mil for his 20 pts a year and then badmouth AA and his agent for wanting to get a bigger slice after a 54 pt season?  Holland was let go for a reason.  He had lost touch with the current NHL.  

Green and some picks for Trouba should not be that hard to get done.  Even if it costs us #6, I do it.

Abdelkader (50% retained) and a 2nd to Phoenix for a prospect should not be that hard to get done.

Nielsen (50% retained) to Anaheim or LA for a prospect should not be that hard to get done.

Thats 5 mil in dead cap for 3 more years.  Not a big deal.  

Dumping the dead weight should be priority #1.  Extra Baggage is not good for the Wings right now.

9 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I'd do great.  I would play all our kids.  Youre right.  You think its healthy for a team to have Abdelkader making 4.25 mil for his 20 pts a year and then badmouth AA and his agent for wanting to get a bigger slice after a 54 pt season?  Holland was let go for a reason.  He had lost touch with the current NHL.  

Green and some picks for Trouba should not be that hard to get done.  Even if it costs us #6, I do it.

Abdelkader (50% retained) and a 2nd to Phoenix for a prospect should not be that hard to get done.

Nielsen (50% retained) to Anaheim or LA for a prospect should not be that hard to get done.

Thats 5 mil in dead cap for 3 more years.  Not a big deal.  

Dumping the dead weight should be priority #1.  Extra Baggage is not good for the Wings right now.

If Holland couldn't do it. And Yzerman couldn't do it. Is it really that easy?

Not that it matters what he says but Pierre McGuire just said he’s looking for the trouba extension to be done soon 

trade makes no sense but the more I hear it’s all about the chick f*** ... chicks ruin everything lol so I’m still hopeful but I’m preparing myself for the likely possibility he doesn’t come cause of the chick ... and if that happens and he’s more of a broken down player and decides he wants to come to Detroit at 33-34 I Hope yzerman hangs up lol

anyways all that being said it’s all gonna be ok wings fans haha ,we’ll get some through the draft and  we’ll just move AA or another forward when the time comes and get our own stud dman 

if nothing else much materializes this weekend before day 1 draft and we know nobody wants to come July 1 , I’d consider shipping AA in a package to edm involving the 8th , maybe trade back a few spots if possible and land an extra pick if possible in the 2nd and draft seider/broberg/Harley ... we might have to start making our own luck and I know yzermans not afraid to make some moves

Does Darren helm have a full no trade clause??? Charles hudon declined habs offer , was thinking if we can get rid of some deadweight he might be an option for a 1 yr deal and if he performs move at the deadline , don’t think he’d have a longterm future but if he can get near the 15 goal mark which I think he can it could be just another trade asset 

on a side note I can’t believe ken Holland gave ericsson a 19 no trade team list for f***s sake 

On 6/17/2019 at 4:21 PM, kipwinger said:

I'd have Trouba. but I'd be without Cholowski and #6 overall. So, ya, probably not good.

47 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Not that it matters what he says but Pierre McGuire just said he’s looking for the trouba extension to be done soon 

trade makes no sense but the more I hear it’s all about the chick f*** ... chicks ruin everything lol so I’m still hopeful but I’m preparing myself for the likely possibility he doesn’t come cause of the chick ... and if that happens and he’s more of a broken down player and decides he wants to come to Detroit at 33-34 I Hope yzerman hangs up lol

anyways all that being said it’s all gonna be ok wings fans haha ,we’ll get some through the draft and  we’ll just move AA or another forward when the time comes and get our own stud dman 

if nothing else much materializes this weekend before day 1 draft and we know nobody wants to come July 1 , I’d consider shipping AA in a package to edm involving the 8th , maybe trade back a few spots if possible and land an extra pick if possible in the 2nd and draft seider/broberg/Harley ... we might have to start making our own luck and I know yzermans not afraid to make some moves

I am going to break out in laughter when she flunks out of med school, gets an internship somewhere other than NY, or they break up altogether.

Making those kinds of professional long term plans without even knowing what your long term family/personal situation is yet is just plain dumb and his agent should slap him upside the head.

44 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

wait, Trouba is going to extend in New York because his girl wants him to?

That’s what it looks like it might be ... she’s studying to be a doctor if that’s the case he was never gonna come to Detroit 

and scratch the hudon stuff , thought they’d let him walk but the French media are saying they’ll try and include him in a package, for no interest in paying a pick for him 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture