• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

16 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Is his dream making money or winning a Cup? Because he isn't winning a Cup with The Rangers in the next 8 years that is for sure. Enjoy that woman though! He should've asked Suter how that worked out for him...

His dream is to be a millionaire in the nhl, let's be honest. Its every hockey players dream

That's fine, $$$$$$ no Cups, it's his (girlfriends) choice.  But when Detroit is competing for Cups soon, as Rags fall victim to Cap issues, then we won't want him at 32 years old as a UFA. But I agree, it is every players dream to make money playing the sport they grew up playing. It is what it is. Who's next? Krug as UFA?

29 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

That's fine, $$$$$$ no Cups, it's his (girlfriends) choice.  But when Detroit is competing for Cups soon, as Rags fall victim to Cap issues, then we won't want him at 32 years old as a UFA. But I agree, it is every players dream to make money playing the sport they grew up playing. It is what it is. Who's next? Krug as UFA?

You realize he didn't get to choose where he got traded, right? Cheveldayoff made the trade. Not Trouba. Get over it. 

30 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

As it stands, the Rangers rebuild has more pieces in place (counting Kakko) to compete for a cup sooner than the Wings. Just saying. 

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

As it stands, the Rangers rebuild has more pieces in place (counting Kakko) to compete for a cup sooner than the Wings. Just saying. 

I "liked" your post, but just to make it clear, I don't "like" it, I just agree...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I "liked" your post, but just to make it clear, I don't "like" it, I just agree...

Yeah. I'm beginning to hate the Rangers as much as the Leafs. They are a (traditionally) poorly managed team that gets rewarded occasionally through free agency based on location and they also got s***-ass lucky in this year's draft.  

49 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I get your bitter but you seriously can’t be this f***en deluded to say we have any better shot of winning the cup than the rangers , you’ve obviously haven’t been keeping track of their draft the last few years 

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Yeah. I'm beginning to hate the Rangers as much as the Leafs. They are a (traditionally) poorly managed team that gets rewarded occasionally through free agency based on location and they also got s***-ass lucky in this year's draft.  

Ya my buddy’s a rangers fan and he’s beginning to be a piss off lmao keep boosting all year how much I wanted kakko he gets kakko ... boosted about trouba he gets him , he’s getting quite annoying ...l should tell him how much I wanna sign Daley and ericsson longterm

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

I know yzerman would do it in a second ... just curious if yzerman really liked mrazek and believed he’s got more to give at 27 than Howard at 35 and mrazek mentioned how he missed Detroit would most of you be happy if say Howard was moved for like a 2nd and a 3rd and we signed mrazek July 1 x2 

Well Hopefully we’ll have some teams needing goalies this deadline cause yzerman wouldn’t hesitate to move him I would think 

here come the backlash 

For a team that has been starving for right-shot defensemen over the past several years, it looks like we finally have a pretty solid stable of them now, with Seider, Hronek, Bowey, Kaski, Lindstrom and Tuomisto...

Now we just need to add some high-end right-shot forwards... Not a single one in the entire system...

Realistically who are the players you guys think yzerman will call for the free agency period?

jake Gardner? Think yzerman will target but I hope he stays far away he’s no doubt gonna be targeting a 6-7 year deal in the 6-8 per range . Pass

Stralman ? Can see yzerman good for back to his old roots and targeting stralman but I’d only be interested on a 2 year deal and if we can trade both ericsson and Daley out of town

phaneuf? I’d possibly target him x1 again if ericsson and Daley are gone and hope he can have a decent enough year where he can fetch us a 3rd at the deadline , maybe the same with Andrew MacDonald 

Spezza? If we could somehow manage to get assets now for neilson and sign spezza x1 with again , sole purpose of using as trade deadline bait I’d do that , maybe the same with brassard?pominville?

wayne simmonds ? He’s basically the only guy I’d really target on a max x2 deal 4.5-5 per , everyone else would pretty much be rentals to get back picks for next draft 

Not a year to go all out on July 1

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ferland

Donksoi

Myers

Connolly 

guys like this will be Yzerman's targets. IMO. Mayyyyybeeeee Duchene.

Yeah. Good-not-great veterans. Nothing especially ambitious. Basically, business as usual for the Wings.

That being said, I doubt he's especially interested in Duchene. Age-wise Duchene just doesn't fit with where we're at. Contract-wise, he's going to get paid like a mofo.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Ferland

Donksoi

Myers

Connolly 

guys like this will be Yzerman's targets. IMO. Mayyyyybeeeee Duchene. 

Forgot about ferland, can definetly See yzerman going after him , problem with Myers and others they’ll all want 4-6 yrs and big money minus Connolly I’d personally sighn a few ufa’s to turn into picks for the 2020 draft , I look forward to mike green finally being dealt unless he fakes an injury again for the third year haha 

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Yeah. Good-not-great veterans. Nothing especially ambitious. Basically, business as usual for the Wings.

That being said, I doubt he's especially interested in Duchene. Age-wise Duchene just doesn't fit with where we're at. Contract-wise, he's going to get paid like a mofo.

Need to stay as far away from duchene as possible , no where near the money he wants and as soon as he gets he’ll vanish again 

I'm not sure who he'll target. I think he may contact Simmonds. Maybe he'll try to hit a homerun with someone to speed up the build. I honestly hope he inquires into Pullijarvi (I know I hacked that spelling up!) and somehow gets rid of Ericsson and Daley. I'm thinking Green hits LTIR sometime around December.

To be more competitive would you take on Perry for 2 yrs $4M total?

1 hour ago, Dabura said:

Veterans maybe? Three of those forwards I mentioned are all in the mid-late 20s age group. Too young for Yzerman's predecessor no? So perhaps not quite BAS for management. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Stay away from free agency, unless it's a low cap hit / term signing we can flip for assets later.

48 minutes ago, mackel said:

Toronto is rumored to be interested in trading Kadri, would a Glendenning + defenceman we want rid of (lots if salary retained) for Kadri and a 3rd be tempting?

Kadri may be traded, but it's not exactly a salary dump, so it would take a lot more than that package to get him here. He's a good player on a good contract that I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested in. In saying that, at 28 years old, I wouldn't have a whole lot of interest as a rebuilding team.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

Stay away from free agency, unless it's a low cap hit / term signing we can flip for assets later.

Kadri may be traded, but it's not exactly a salary dump, so it would take a lot more than that package to get him here. He's a good player on a good contract that I'm sure a lot of teams would be interested in. In saying that, at 28 years old, I wouldn't have a whole lot of interest as a rebuilding team.

110% agreed , sign a few guys to one year deals hope they have good enough seasons we can flip them for decent picks along with green and whoever else  and  while at it flip Daley and ericsson now, hicketts And saarijarvi If possible .... get Clarkson and/or Callahan for picks

we had 11 picks this year we already have 9 I want a freakin collection in a supposed way better draft than 2019 was ... aim for 13-16 at this point with already at 9 and if we need to flip a few for 2021 later in the draft do so on draft day but we have a ton of garbage that we need to be rid of and we need to take teams other garbage at this point as well

and yes at this stage where we are hard pass on Kadri 

if, indeed, part of the Yzerplan is to sign a UFA or 2, here are a few names I'd like to see him throw an offer at to see if it sticks:

FWDS:

Anders Lee

Wayne Simmonds

Ryan Dzingel

DEF:

None really. I'd like to cut ties with E and Daley though! (shocker!) and then let the young guns take over.  If I had to get a vet because E, Daley are gone and Green is on LTIR, I'd first talk to Kronwall, if not, then maybe:

Ben Chiarot

Jake Gardiner

Jordie Benn

Anton Stralman

Who would you like to see get an offer?