• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

if, indeed, part of the Yzerplan is to sign a UFA or 2, here are a few names I'd like to see him throw an offer at to see if it sticks:

FWDS:

Anders Lee

Wayne Simmonds

Ryan Dzingel

DEF:

None really. I'd like to cut ties with E and Daley though! (shocker!) and then let the young guns take over.  If I had to get a vet because E, Daley are gone and Green is on LTIR, I'd first talk to Kronwall, if not, then maybe:

Ben Chiarot

Jake Gardiner

Jordie Benn

Anton Stralman

Who would you like to see get an offer?

IF ALL CAPS IF Green goes on LTIR and they can dump Daley I'd like to see Stralman get a 2 year deal. 

DeKeyser - Hronek

Cholowski - Stralman

Kronwall - Bowey/Kaski

Ericsson

This is about as uninspiring a FA class as you can get, particularly in light of some of the contracts being signed already.

I'd have no problem throwing $11x7 at Panarin, but it seems we're not even interested. :(

Beyond him I'd go for guys with some question marks, who could potentially be signed short term for under market value. Connolly, Johansson, Pirri, maybe Simmonds.

I wouldn't mind Myers, but definitely not near the $8M rumor that was mentioned. 

I know we're not looking to build through UFA, but landing someone like Panarin would really accelerate a return to glory. I mean, sure, we have our young guns that (hopefully) will be here 20 years, but getting it going now with an elite talent can only help. What if after this season one of our players makes it hard to re-sign and Yzerman trades their rights? Having a Panarin on this team would more than make up for that loss.

Yzerman has already gone out of the box in draft day, let's destroy the box on the 1st by shocking everyone agsin! Why not?

12 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

if, indeed, part of the Yzerplan is to sign a UFA or 2, here are a few names I'd like to see him throw an offer at to see if it sticks:

FWDS:

Anders Lee

Wayne Simmonds

Ryan Dzingel

DEF:

None really. I'd like to cut ties with E and Daley though! (shocker!) and then let the young guns take over.  If I had to get a vet because E, Daley are gone and Green is on LTIR, I'd first talk to Kronwall, if not, then maybe:

Ben Chiarot

Jake Gardiner

Jordie Benn

Anton Stralman

Who would you like to see get an offer?

Wayne Simmonds is about the only guy I want.. on a 1 or 2 year deal. 

Maybe Stralman if like you say we are down 3 veterans (maybe even if we're down two of them), again on a short deal. 

I am going to amend a little bit.

Thinking more about it, I would love to see one big splash! Whether that be Panarin, Duchene or Lee, Dzingel.  

I'd like to see a small splash like a Simmonds, Johansson or Tanev.

Again, on D, there isn't much, Stralman would be a nice addition plus I hope Kronwall plays to get him to 1000, its only 47 games and it would be a nice end to his career. Then his number can be retired along with #40, #13, #30 and #91.  Yes, I went there!  Again, I now this is beating a half dead horse, but we need to rid this team of Ericsson and or Daley.  Daley has to have some kind of trade value, and Ericsson can just ride the press box as the 7th or 8th D guy if we cannot trade him or won't buyout/wave him.

We have $22M in cap space with Z and Franzen LTIR.  If Green goes on LTIR (which I read in a St. James article that his season could be in question) then that frees up even more space to utilize if needed AND another roster spot back there.

Stralman - Hronek

Cholowski - Kaski

Dekeyser - Bowey

Kronwall

I didn't put Seider there because I think I heard something about playing one more year in DEL so he can finish high school? Maybe something like that...

I was also thinking about it, if Hronek continues to develop in to a legit top guy, we really may not need to waste money on Krug or Trouba sweeps next year.  Oh, don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to have either of those guys, but I am just thinking salary savings. In a couple of years, Cholowski and Hronek are going to cost us enough! :lol:

I'd offer 7 years to my big splash list up top, 2-3 years on the small splash guys and 3-4 to Stralman (or similar D.)  1 year to Kronwall for 1000 games.

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

any news on methot’s injury from last year? If he’s healthy I’d take him for one year if he gets back to what he was before he could turn into a 2nd or 3rd at the deadline 

Count me out on Methot. He always benefited from being Karlsson's partner (a role he played well). Without a high flyer to pair him with he's just another version of Trevor Daley or Jon Ericsson in my mind. He's slowing down by injury and at the nature of being 34/35 as well.

I'd be intrigued by Stralman, but some of the prices in FA this season seem ludicrous

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

22 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Count me out on Methot. He always benefited from being Karlsson's partner (a role he played well). Without a high flyer to pair him with he's just another version of Trevor Daley or Jon Ericsson in my mind. He's slowing down by injury and at the nature of being 34/35 as well.

I'd be intrigued by Stralman, but some of the prices in FA this season seem ludicrous

That’s fair , figured a one year deal might be worth a risk and only if he was 100%

stralman I’m fine with  but I’d see him getting at least 2-3 years , I was trying to get guys on one year deals to flip at the deadline , if we can land 2 of those and get in on a clarkson/Callahan + flip ericsson/Daley/green sometime during the season we should have plenty of assets in a very deep 2020 draft 

I hope we acquire Seider and Tuomisto.  Would be nice to offer thrm ELCs and watch thrm develop.  I also hope we bring back Hronek, Cholowski, Bowey, Lindstrom, and Regula.  If those 7 guys stay with us, we will have plenty of defensemen with Dekeyser, Kronwall, Green, Daley, and Ericsson.

So the redwings qualified hicketts , turgeon And rybar glad they didn’t let turgeon And hicketts walk at the very least I think we’d be able to at least have a shot to get later picks for each player 

frk being not qualified was to be expected hopefully he gets a shot somewhere else but I think it might be the end

47 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

So the redwings qualified hicketts , turgeon And rybar glad they didn’t let turgeon And hicketts walk at the very least I think we’d be able to at least have a shot to get later picks for each player 

frk being not qualified was to be expected hopefully he gets a shot somewhere else but I think it might be the end

Hicketts and Turgeon are great system guys.  Both offer Detroit a serviceable callup option while making the AHL club better until needed.  Like these retention moves.

How many offer sheets have been done in NHL history? Only one that I can think of is Dustin Penner. I used to think that extending an offer sheet is stupid (and maybe it is) but thinking about it quickly makes me think that maybe it's not as bad of a strategy as most think. Extending an offer sheet to Marner might be a decent plan for 10.5 or under per season and then we give away 2 firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Sure we're giving up prospects but Marner is a proven stud and has a pretty high ceiling plus is only 22 so should be in his prime for a few years to come.

1 minute ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

How many offer sheets have been done in NHL history? Only one that I can think of is Dustin Penner. I used to think that extending an offer sheet is stupid (and maybe it is) but thinking about it quickly makes me think that maybe it's not as bad of a strategy as most think. Extending an offer sheet to Marner might be a decent plan for 10.5 or under per season and then we give away 2 firsts, a 2nd, and a 3rd. Sure we're giving up prospects but Marner is a proven stud and has a pretty high ceiling plus is only 22 so should be in his prime for a few years to come.

Philly offer sheeted Shea Weber.

From what I seen so far Ty rattie and Tobias reider not qualified as well as Curtis lazar and Ben Hutton 

anyone interesting we can lock up to a one year deal and flip at the deadline? Reider outside last year was always good for 12-16 goals in the four prior seasons , I know we have a ton of bottom 6 guys but if we can flip any of helm/glendening/Nielsen and sign a few guys like reider for more picks I’d consider it 

and I hope Tampa are just waiting till They sign point and some Ufa to flip us Callahan, hope we get some picks at least for either callahan or clarkson (I’m still stunned Tampa got a 1st for Miller from the canucks)

damn just seen Ryan Hartman didn’t get a qualifying offer from Dallas who just traded for him 24 hours ago lol , guess it’s not going to good for the former 1st rounder 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

10 minutes ago, Never_Retire_Steve said:

Marner would have to sign the offer sheet. I doubt he would. And Toronto would have to not match. They most definitely would.

The only purpose offer sheeting Marner would serve us right now, is potentially f***ing the Leafs over... But with Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, etc. upcoming RFA's, I wouldn't do it. What goes around, comes around...

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

From what I seen so far Ty rattie and Tobias reider not qualified as well as Curtis lazar and Ben Hutton 

anyone interesting we can lock up to a one year deal and flip at the deadline? Reider outside last year was always good for 12-16 goals in the four prior seasons , I know we have a ton of bottom 6 guys but if we can flip any of helm/glendening/Nielsen and sign a few guys like reider for more picks I’d consider it 

and I hope Tampa are just waiting till They sign point and some Ufa to flip us Callahan, hope we get some picks at least for either callahan or clarkson (I’m still stunned Tampa got a 1st for Miller from the canucks)

damn just seen Ryan Hartman didn’t get a qualifying offer from Dallas who just traded for him 24 hours ago lol , guess it’s not going to good for the former 1st rounder 

Why the heck did Dallas trade for Hartman then??

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Why the heck did Dallas trade for Hartman then??

Just read apparently they didn’t like that he was making 2.5 and wanted to renegotiate lol I’m pretty sure he’s stick the middle finger and tell them to renegotiate this lol

id take a shot on a one year deal 1.5 And hope he goes towards a 15 goal campaign and ship the deadline for a 3rd and let someone else give him 3 per after lol

14 minutes ago, Wings3:16 said:

I'm hoping for a huge Marner offer sheet only because I hope they match the ridiculous number and get cap ruined for years

The only teams that should be doing something like that should be a team guaranteed getting in every year so they don’t risk losing a lottery pick , nothing’s ever guaranteed but like a sj etc... 

id die if ken Holland could shed salary and somehow go get him lol think if they’d get decent d oilers would make the playoffs with a mcdavid draisatil line and a nuge marner line

He won’t go anyways the player to target is aho,if a team  team offers him crazy bonus money like 20 mill in 12 months canes owner would flip , I’m sure that’s how much they make in a year lmao 

7 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I'm happy we made qualifying offers to Turgeon especially, along with Hicketts and Rybar, but we're not getting picks for any of these players...

I guess Frk was too right-handed. Can't have too many of those on the roster...

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I'm happy we made qualifying offers to Turgeon especially, along with Hicketts and Rybar, but we're not getting picks for any of these players...

Probably not but one can’t help but hope for some late round picks especially for turgeon 

frk was just underwhelming, wanted it to work out for him but especially with all the forwards coming he wasn’t gonna be on the wings much longee anyways 

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

RIP Martin Frk. 2nd round pick, former hype-kid and another cautionary tale of how we have absolutely no clue about how a draft will play itself out.