• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

17 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

IDK if this means anything, but Trouba bought a home in Florida in late 2017. His fiance also lists Florida as her location on social media platforms.

Probably just a vacation home but it's something to speculate about.

I feel like a stalker.

Florida and Nevada = no state income tax.  Your speculation is warranted.

Kurt Overhardt, Trouba's agent, is based in Colorado but is a Detroit native as well.

Please stop. I can't handle anymore Michigan connections.

Sounds like there are lots of bidders for Trouba. I would suspect any team going after him will try to send the Jets conditional picks, the condition being that he extends.

41 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kurt Overhardt, Trouba's agent, is based in Colorado but is a Detroit native as well.

Please stop. I can't handle anymore Michigan connections.

Sounds like there are lots of bidders for Trouba. I would suspect any team going after him will try to send the Jets conditional picks, the condition being that he extends.

Let them make conditions on whether he resigns or not just as long as he doesn’t resign and goes to free agency lol

On 5/25/2019 at 6:43 PM, krsmith17 said:

I just think that our cap flexibility would be best utilized on a cap dump, picking up extra assets. I'd personally rather take on one season of a bad contract, than go after any of the available free agents. The only reason I can think that we might need some extra cap space is if we trade for a big name player. And even then, I think we have more than enough cap space after trading for a Callahan, to acquire a player another player via trade.

I want all the cap space. I want all the cap flexibility.

Get on my level, Callahan-lovers.

On 5/29/2019 at 5:02 PM, kipwinger said:

Well, that and the Tigers hat is indeed awesome.  I'd post a pic in mine, but you plebeians don't deserve to gaze upon my superior visage.  @Dabura

i seen ur noodz

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

And Washington. Should be a good advantage for the new Seattle team.

Get your ass out of that Cali tax hell my dude. Move to Reno.

Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona, and Idaho are all in the top 8 states for population growth. I wonder where all those people are coming from?

Tax and spend ur way out of that California!

25 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Washington, Oregon, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona, and Idaho are all in the top 8 states for population growth. I wonder where all those people are coming from?

Those folks will likely move to Cali post retirement for the social services available that they didn't pay for during their working years.

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

LA county alone has a higher population than 43 US states. Cali can afford to bleed for a little while.

Not sure what the attraction is. LA is like the last major city I'd ever want to live in.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

LA county alone has a higher population than 43 US states. Cali can afford to bleed for a little while.

Not sure what the attraction is. LA is like the last major city I'd ever want to live in.

Government handouts. Pretty soon California will only be inhabited by those in the tv and movie industry, retired state and local employees on bankrupt pensions, and illegal immigrants collecting social benefits.

27 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Government handouts. Pretty soon California will only be inhabited by those in the tv and movie industry, retired state and local employees on bankrupt pensions, and illegal immigrants collecting social benefits.

So you're saying I could be in TV or movies??

Could've posted this in the prospects thread but I think it's a little more appropriate here:

Prospect PNHLe: Organizational Breakdown for the Atlantic Division (Part I) [Dobber Prospects]

After the recent graduation of Hronek, Cholowski and Rasmussen another wave of prospects is close to entering the NHL fold. Holland has left a nearly perfect strategic matriculation of prospects that are staggered enough so they will be able to manage player contracts more easily as they come out of their ELCs. Holland also didn’t shy away from tackling NCAA free agents where both Taro Hirose and Ryan Kuffner were added to help deepen the prospect depth chart after a ridiculously long stretch of consecutive playoff berths had left the cupboards relatively empty. All in all, Yzerman is walking into a great situation where the years sitting on the outside of the playoffs won’t be nearly as long as those when they make it back in.

Joe Veleno

It’s still hard to imagine that a player who was granted exceptional status to enter the QMJHL early, whose game is built for the ‘new-NHL’ because of his fantastic speed and agility, who plays a responsible two-way game, could fall to the end of the first round in 2018.  However, that’s precisely what happened when the Red Wings selected Veleno with the 30th overall pick in the 2018 draft. Sure, he probably won’t be able to carry a top line at the highest level, but having a 1a (i.e., Dylan Larkin) and 1b centre situation is one of the most important positional strengths any team can have in the NHL. By the way, did I mention that Veleno finished first out of all NHL forward prospects in PNHLe in 2018-19? Let that sink in. He beat all 13 forwards that were taken ahead of him that played outside of the NHL and will have many scouting staffs shaking their heads at how they could have allowed him to slip to the end of the first round.

Edited by Dabura

On 6/1/2019 at 2:50 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He fell in Hollands lap.

All joking aside, I would love to see last year's Red Wings draft board just to see who we would have taken if not for Zadina and Veleno sliding. 

1 minute ago, Dabura said:

I think Helene recently confirmed that Bouchard was Our Guy. FWIW.

I was more interested in the 30 and the two 2nd rounders.  I figured Bouchard.  We could be sitting a lot worse had those two not slid. 

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

I was more interested in the 30 and the two 2nd rounders.  I figured Bouchard.  We could be sitting a lot worse had those two not slid. 

LGW.com really needs to place a mole in the Wings organization.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Beggars can't be choosers; I'll take what I can get.

So will Kris Draper apparently.  But protein is protein when you're trying to win faceoffs against Darcy Tucker for the Red Wings alumni team.