• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Mursak
Brunner
Jurco
Pulkkinen
Frk

Svechnikov <----- you are here

Surely an average euro forward with a good shot will pay off one of these days

Think svechnikov will be an nhler Just was very unfortunate he had to lose a whole year , hopefully the injury won’t affect his play 

then again wtf do I know i Thought Jurco would be a solid player for us and I’m still kinda surprised he hasn’t been able to find a spot on a team 

Dont know if there’s credibility to this but I been saying athanasiou will be the guy that will end up being moved when the times comes and just saw this 

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/off-season-trade-watch-top-30-2019

#13 , would have used him as a trade chip on draft day to land seider I don’t possibly know what we can use him for right now, can’t see a fabbro or bean going but maybe a team that risks losing a solid dman with the Seattle expansion looming 

would the redwings have to protect cholowski ?if not all we’d have to protect right now of importance would be hronek 

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Dont know if there’s credibility to this but I been saying athanasiou will be the guy that will end up being moved when the times comes and just saw this 

https://www.thefourthperiod.com/off-season-trade-watch-top-30-2019

#13 , would have used him as a trade chip on draft day to land seider I don’t possibly know what we can use him for right now, can’t see a fabbro or bean going but maybe a team that risks losing a solid dman with the Seattle expansion looming 

would the redwings have to protect cholowski ?if not all we’d have to protect right now of importance would be hronek 

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

* All first- and second-year NHL players, and all unsigned draft choices, will be exempt from selection (and will not be counted toward protection limits.

It looks like all first and second year NHL players are exempt from the expansion draft so I don't think we have to protect Cholowski. Or anyone the last four drafts, Hronek included. 

This may be misleading though because they're also saying that this expansion follows the same rules as the Vegas expansion, which stated that all first and second year PROS were exempt... which would make us have to protect Hronek and others (if we choose to) who spent more than 2 years between the AHL and NHL by the end of next season. I wonder if that would count the DEL too.. in which case we'd have to protect Seider as well. 

Hopefully it only counts NHL seasons.

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

... maybe a team that risks losing a solid dman with the Seattle expansion looming 

Yes, Cholowski would need protection. On the back end, it would like be Hronek, Cholowski and one of DeKeyser, Bowey or Lindstrom... Up front, Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Svechnikov, and one of Glendening, Turgeon or Smith...

We won't be losing any major pieces in the Seattle expansion draft.

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yes, Cholowski would need protection. On the back end, it would like be Hronek, Cholowski and one of DeKeyser, Bowey or Lindstrom... Up front, Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Rasmussen, Svechnikov, and one of Glendening, Turgeon or Smith...

Exactly. This ex draft is coming at the perfect time for the Wings. If Seattle joined the league in 22-23 instead, there would be much butt clinching

6 minutes ago, amato said:

https://www.nhl.com/news/seattle-2021-nhl-expansion-draft-rules-same-as-vegas-golden-knights-followed/c-302586918

It looks like all first and second year NHL players are exempt from the expansion draft so I don't think we have to protect Cholowski. Or anyone the last four drafts, Hronek included. 

This may be misleading though because they're also saying that this expansion follows the same rules as the Vegas expansion, which stated that all first and second year PROS were exempt... which would make us have to protect Hronek and others (if we choose to) who spent more than 2 years between the AHL and NHL by the end of next season. I wonder if that would count the DEL too.. in which case we'd have to protect Seider as well. 

Yeah, it is professional seasons, not NHL seasons. Two or fewer seasons would not need protection. I'm not sure how it would work for players that played in pro leagues prior to being drafted... Technically Seider will have played three pro seasons prior to the expansion draft (2021), but I'm not sure if that first year would count where he wasn't yet drafted?... I don't think it would count though. If that were the case, technically Zadina would need protection too since he played 25 games in the Czech league in 2016-17...

33 minutes ago, amato said:

We just drafted seider, he’s fine 

29 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Why lindstrom? This is going to be his first North American season since we drafted him so he should  be saved , I believe the expansion draft will be held next off season 

can’t see us protecting Bowey unless he really takes off I got a feeling we’re going to get someone else worthy of being protected 

forwards seem about right unless we make some moves 

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, it is professional seasons, not NHL seasons. Two or fewer seasons would not need protection. I'm not sure how it would work for players that played in pro leagues prior to being drafted... Technically Seider will have played three pro seasons prior to the expansion draft (2021), but I'm not sure if that first year would count where he wasn't yet drafted?... I don't think it would count though. If that were the case, technically Zadina would need protection too since he played 25 games in the Czech league in 2016-17...

Zadina is safe cause I recall them saying we’d send him down at the 9 game mark and prevent us from having to use a spot to protect him

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

there's an expansion tool on capfriendly that shows you all the players you'll have to chose to protect or not.

Obviously if the player(s) aren't still on our team come 2021, capfriendly.com will be changing the list as the rosters change, but right now in the 7/3/1 format, we won't have a problem having to protect Zadina.  As it sits now, I only see 5 Forwards and 2 D that are currently playing and need to be protected, the rest are easily left unprotected.  Of course if Yzerman signs a UFA or 2 or makes some deals, then that changes too. Zadina will be in his 3rd year pro by then, so he will need to be protected, so make it 6 forwards.

Larkin, Bertuzzi, Mantha, AA, Rasmussen and Zadina.

Cholowski, Hronek

Not sure who the goalies will be in 2021 so we're good there.

Basically any player with 2 or less PRO season's does not need to be protected. (Veleno, McIssac, Hirose, Kaski and anyone else who goes pro this season.)

Edited by LeftWinger

23 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

there's an expansion tool on capfriendly that shows you all the players you'll have to chose to protect or not.

Obviously if the player(s) aren't still on our team come 2021, capfriendly.com will be changing the list as the rosters change, but right now in the 7/3/1 format, we won't have a problem having to protect Zadina.  As it sits now, I only see 5 Forwards and 2 D that are currently playing and need to be protected, the rest are easily left unprotected.  Of course if Yzerman signs a UFA or 2 or makes some deals, then that changes too. Zadina will be in his 3rd year pro by then, so he will need to be protected, so make it 6 forwards.

Larkin, Bertuzzi, Mantha, AA, Rasmussen and Zadina.

Cholowski, Hronek

Not sure who the goalies will be in 2021 so we're good there.

Basically any player with 2 or less PRO season's does not need to be protected. (Veleno, McIssac, Hirose, Kaski and anyone else who goes pro this season.)

Zadina was technically an underage pro last season, so he does not need protection. If he had played that 10th NHL game, he would need to be protected, which was the reason he was limited to 9 games last season.

I guess that's what would make Seider or any other underage prospects playing pro last season exempt as well.

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Exactly. This ex draft is coming at the perfect time for the Wings. If Seattle joined the league in 22-23 instead, there would be much butt clinching

It really is a great point for expansion for us. Wonder who Seattle would take.. obviously it depends what they get from other teams. But I'd assume it'll be a younger guy, similar to when we lost Nosek to Vegas.

Here's a couple of revenge scenarios that would make me happy, with respect to RFA offer sheets.

- Marner get's max deal offer sheet from NYI and the club (and Lou) and fans get to stick it to the Leafs for poaching Tavares

- Detroit offers Aho a contract just under 10M (negating the required 4 1st rounders). Carolina would match this right? If the deal was front-loaded with 20M in signing bonuses over the first 12 month period, that might make things more interesting.  20M is approx what Carolina make in one season of gate revenue. lol (I thank Gord Miller for this insite). This would, of course, be the ultimate revenge for the Fedorov offer sheet in 98. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

38 minutes ago, amato said:

It really is a great point for expansion for us. Wonder who Seattle would take.. obviously it depends what they get from other teams. But I'd assume it'll be a younger guy, similar to when we lost Nosek to Vegas.

Probably a younger guy who’s a depth forward ... I think chase Pearson could be a nice 4th line guy for us but maybe he’ll get the noses treatment , hopefully with turgeons nhl bloodlines it’ll be him but someone like that ...or actually ehn could be a player they would take which is something we can live with but I’d like to hold on to him if possible 

I know I’d like to try and trade glendening now if possible , I know this team values him and would protect him next year and with one year left after that I wouldn’t do it and maybe Seattle takes him thinking they can sign him to a deal or use as trade assets at the deadline so I’d rather try and get a 2nd and a 5/6 or a 3rd and 5/6 type deal now while we can ... stock pile picks for 2020 , I’m aiming for 12-15 which seems far fetched but we’re at 9 and we got a lock of guys to move (green at the deadline comes to mind) and we should be jumping in on clarkson/Callahan 

16 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Here's a couple of revenge scenarios that would make me happy, with respect to RFA offer sheets.

- Marner get's max deal offer sheet from NYI and the club (and Lou) and fans get to stick it to the Leafs for poaching Tavares

- Detroit offers Aho a contract just under 10M (negating the required 4 1st rounders). Carolina would match this right? If the deal was front-loaded with 20M in signing bonuses over the first 12 month period, that might make things more interesting.  20M is approx what Carolina make in one season of gate revenue. lol (I thank Gord Miller for this insite). This would, of course, be the ultimate revenge for the Fedorov offer sheet in 98. 

If the deal was front loaded like you said I don’t know if Carolina would match but you’d have to think the owner as pissed off as he would , would do it and when it came to our turn we’d better watch out(ya I heard gord Miller mention the same thing on leafs lunch haha)

i don’t know if I’d offer anyone , as good as aho is does it make us get in the playoffs? I don’t think so , not now + our d is still horrendous overall , last thing I’d want to see is us getting a top 3 pick and Carolina gets it I think everyone here would go mental lol

id love to see a top team make an offer so these teams get stuck with 25-32 picks repeatedly lol

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

If the deal was front loaded like you said I don’t know if Carolina would match but you’d have to think the owner as pissed off as he would , would do it and when it came to our turn we’d better watch out(ya I heard gord Miller mention the same thing on leafs lunch haha)

i don’t know if I’d offer anyone , as good as aho is does it make us get in the playoffs? I don’t think so , not now + our d is still horrendous overall , last thing I’d want to see is us getting a top 3 pick and Carolina gets it I think everyone here would go mental lol

id love to see a top team make an offer so these teams get stuck with 25-32 picks repeatedly lol

Sure. They can offer-sheet AA in two years. I'd take an Aho for AA swap any day. 

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Twitter links not working

Yzerman has fired pro scout Glenn Merkosky, who's been with the team for 20 years. He's replaced him with Chris Yzerman.

Never heard of either guys lol

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

8 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sure. They can offer-sheet AA in two years. I'd take an Aho for AA swap any day. 

*Looks at the list of (not obvious i.e. Brett Hull) UFA signings and trades over the past 20 years*

Good. Fire them alllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Yzerman approves from his vegetable Zamboni

IMG00799-20110705-1446.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

57 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Never heard of either guys lol

Even if it resulted in us missing the playoffs and resulted in Carolina landing a top 3 pick? I think that would be beyond moronic , I just don’t think we’re good enough yet to make those kind of bold moves when our defence is still trash as of today ... we don’t wanna join the canucks in 2 years and possibly be a laughing stock

14 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Even if it resulted in us missing the playoffs and resulted in Carolina landing a top 3 pick? I think that would be beyond moronic , I just don’t think we’re good enough yet to make those kind of bold moves when our defence is still trash as of today ... we don’t wanna join the canucks in 2 years and possibly be a laughing stock

I agree that we're not really in a spot to make offers to UFAs. I was just having fun with the idea.  

Not sure what you mean about the Canucks......?

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I agree that we're not really in a spot to make offers to UFAs. I was just having fun with the idea.  

Not sure what you mean about the Canucks......?

Jt milller trade .... canucks don’t shape up next two years and Tampa is looking at a possible Colorado/Ottawa scenario and last thing we need is tampa to get a top 3 pick lol