• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

2019 Offseason Rebuild Thread, Pt. 2 - What's the Yzerplan?

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Jt milller trade .... canucks don’t shape up next two years and Tampa is looking at a possible Colorado/Ottawa scenario and last thing we need is tampa to get a top 3 pick lol

Ah. Gotcha. For sure. 

7 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

Uh... I guess anyone 21 and under

So you're saying all of Cholowski, Rasmussen, Veleno and Zadina start in Grand Rapids? Possible, but I'd bet on at least one or two of those guys making opening night roster along with Hronek.

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

So you're saying all of Cholowski, Rasmussen, Veleno and Zadina start in Grand Rapids? Possible, but I'd bet on at least one or two of those guys making opening night roster along with Hronek.

My money is on Veleno or Zadina being up... I think Cholowski needs a good chunk of time in GR to work on some stuff and Rasmussen could benefit as well with playing top-line minutes.

Lebrun is reporting through the Athletic (paywall) that both Detroit and Edmonton have been calling Gustav Nyquist.

f*** outta here Holland you old c*** sucker

EDIT: According to the article Holland is also after Connolly and/or Donskoi as well

Freidman speculating Nyquist to CBJ in his 31 thoughts

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lebrun is reporting through the Athletic (paywall) that both Detroit and Edmonton have been calling Gustav Nyquist.

f*** outta here Holland you old c*** sucker

EDIT: According to the article Holland is also after Connolly and/or Donskoi as well

Freidman speculating Nyquist to CBJ in his 31 thoughts

lol I’m more pissed after all these years of wanting Dave Tippett his first move as Edmonton gm is hiring him , targeting mrazek now as well after they kicked him out for f***en Howard as well, and now he’s targeting Nyquist? I’m just glad he’s not wings gm now cause Nyquist would be a wing 100% , I’d like to see us move on and play the kids more with the deal he’s going to be looking for 

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

lol I’m more pissed after all these years of wanting Dave Tippett his first move as Edmonton gm is hiring him , targeting mrazek now as well after they kicked him out for f***en Howard as well, and now he’s targeting Nyquist? I’m just glad he’s not wings gm now cause Nyquist would be a wing 100% , I’d like to see us move on and play the kids more with the deal he’s going to be looking for 

if only he'd Target Ericsson, Daley and Nielsen.

50 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I really would be shocked if the Mrazek to Edmonton rumors were true. I almost find it more plausible that Yzerman signs him and he comes back to Detroit.

Holland had to deal with his supposed prima donna drama. Go through that bitter contract dispute, which Holland lost and Mrazek got awarded $4 mil or something... only to start sucking right after being awarded it. So Holland has to get creative and dump a $4 million AAV contract that he didn't even want to give out. On top of that he had to tell his long-time starter in Howard, oh you're the back up now, and oh I might trade you, wait actually you're #1 again and we loved you the whole time lol and please re-sign on a short contract for the team please.

Talk about a headache. If I was Holland I'd just avoid.

From Mrazek's POV as well it doesn't make much sense to me. If he was causing drama in Detroit, I'm sure he didn't think it was his own fault, drama starters rarely do, and who knows maybe some of it was justified IDK. Also this is the guy who didn't wanna pay you what you felt you were owed and traded you when it came down to Howard or Mrazek. For a goalie who's just coming back from a very rough two year stretch and getting his career back on track, just doesn't seem like a wise choice IMO. If I was Mrazek I'd just avoid Holland.

That said, I have no idea what the market on goalies looks like. Maybe it's a fit by necessity for both?

14 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I really would be shocked if the Mrazek to Edmonton rumors were true. I almost find it more plausible that Yzerman signs him and he comes back to Detroit.

Holland had to deal with his supposed prima donna drama. Go through that bitter contract dispute, which Holland lost and Mrazek got awarded $4 mil or something... only to start sucking right after being awarded it. So Holland has to get creative and dump a $4 million AAV contract that he didn't even want to give out. On top of that he had to tell his long-time starter in Howard, oh you're the back up now, and oh I might trade you, wait actually you're #1 again and we loved you the whole time lol and please re-sign on a short contract for the team please.

Talk about a headache. If I was Holland I'd just avoid.

From Mrazek's POV as well it doesn't make much sense to me. If he was causing drama in Detroit, I'm sure he didn't think it was his own fault, drama starters rarely do, and who knows maybe some of it was justified IDK. Also this is the guy who didn't wanna pay you what you felt you were owed and traded you when it came down to Howard or Mrazek. For a goalie who's just coming back from a very rough two year stretch and getting his career back on track, just doesn't seem like a wise choice IMO. If I was Mrazek I'd just avoid Holland.

That said, I have no idea what the market on goalies looks like. Maybe it's a fit by necessity for both?

Ya I can’t see it happening man , if we can get back a 2nd +5th right now for Howard and sign mrazek x2 id do it like right now , won’t happen though this team never gets rid of anyone 32+

I heard on the radio the other day Babcock apparently wasn’t too pleased with mrazek and wished he was taller and mrazek was like how the f*** you want me to work on that ? If he had to deal with that crap no longer he wanted to leave  and we had the “prima Donna” phase, babs is a f***en moron

Has nothing to do for me with Holland avoiding mrazek , if I was mrazek I’d stay far away from holland ... I’m sure he told him they’d trade Howard and make him the guy at some point  and they never dealt him , he was a young guy at the time and probably bothered by it

ummmm well flames looking for a goalie , I’d go there and stick it to Holland haha ... sabres? Canes obviously ,Florida,bluejackets 

id go to flames or jackets if I don’t wanna go back to Carolina 

35 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Ya I can’t see it happening man , if we can get back a 2nd +5th right now for Howard and sign mrazek x2 id do it like right now , won’t happen though this team never gets rid of anyone 32+

I heard on the radio the other day Babcock apparently wasn’t too pleased with mrazek and wished he was taller and mrazek was like how the f*** you want me to work on that ? If he had to deal with that crap no longer he wanted to leave  and we had the “prima Donna” phase, babs is a f***en moron

Has nothing to do for me with Holland avoiding mrazek , if I was mrazek I’d stay far away from holland ... I’m sure he told him they’d trade Howard and make him the guy at some point  and they never dealt him , he was a young guy at the time and probably bothered by it

ummmm well flames looking for a goalie , I’d go there and stick it to Holland haha ... sabres? Canes obviously ,Florida,bluejackets 

id go to flames or jackets if I don’t wanna go back to Carolina 

Saw today a rumor that Talbot is pulling a 180 and going to the Flames. Prolly not true thou. Talbot blows.

Still waiting here Jimmy........... 

"Quite frankly, we're not the most patient people. We've been used to winning. We may have to go outside the box to push this program along. I won't go into detail about that, but we may have to go outside the box and do things that normally aren't done in order to push us up the standings and to get more competitive."

Jimmy Devellano, Oct 15, 2018

Just saw the oilers want a teams top prospect for puljujarvi ... LOL... or someone up front 25-30 who can play several seasons , guess that takes us out of the race 

glendening at 50% off ?  if there’s someone who values him it would be Holland lol it be so amazing if this happened and he became a star in Detroit, Holland would be butchered in Edmonton 

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Pretty sure the Isles wanna chase Bob.

Kinda s***ty considering the season Lehner had for them, especially with the comeback and sobriety and everything.  f*** the Isles they'll never be good.

He's a huge red flag for me. His stats were very similar to Griess last season, and when two middle of the road goalies all of a sudden have spectacular seasons, makes me thing they are more so products of the system (same thing in Carolina with Mrazek and Mac). Nothing against Lehner, but if he wants big money, I think the team that signs him will regret it.