• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringBack19

Report: Detroit to name Steve Yzerman as GM

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I dont think they could have tho. He was still under contract with TB. They could not have started any kind of day to day business involving Y while under another contract. Big no-no.

Just heard Kevin Weeks on the Velenti Show, and Velenti asked (I'm paraphrasing) "Am I crazy, or with Blashill getting an ext, surely Yzerman had to approve it" 

Weeks answer: "You're not crazy Mike".

Interview is here if anyone is interested.

https://player.fm/series/the-valenti-show-1511420

Edited by kliq

31 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Been watching it. Holland looks so ******* crushed. And half in the bag. Look on the bright side, Kenny, you now have a cushy senior VP job where fans can't bag on you for team building.

From what I know, Kenny's been on the wagon for a little while now. The last couple of times that I've seen him at Oakland Hills, he's been drinking 7-up. But who knows, maybe he'll be back on the scotch when the course opens. 

Just popping out of lurkdom to bask in this glorious day when our lord Stevesus Yzermanchrist hath descended from the heavens and blessed us with the glory of his presence amen hallelujah kick the tires and light the fires GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY LGW!

3 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

From what I know, Kenny's been on the wagon for a little while now. The last couple of times that I've seen him at Oakland Hills, he's been drinking 7-up. But who knows, maybe he'll be back on the scotch when the course opens. 

You guys aren't open yet?  Shot 82 today at Apple Mountain here in NoCal.

I am going to put a G on my Yzerman jersey now.

Watching Chris Ilitch - really reminds you of his late father (of course minus the curly crazy hair).

4 minutes ago, BottleOfSmoke said:

Just popping out of lurkdom to bask in this glorious day when our lord Stevesus Yzermanchrist hath descended from the heavens and blessed us with the glory of his presence amen hallelujah kick the tires and light the fires GOOD GOLLY MISS MOLLY LGW!

Image result for can i get an amen gif

9 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Related image

14 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You guys aren't open yet?  Shot 82 today at Apple Mountain here in NoCal.

I am going to put a G on my Yzerman jersey now.

Weather permitting... No carts allowed yet. We've had a lot of rain lately, as well as the ground thawing, so there's a lot of very wet areas.

I don't golf that often anymore. Having some pretty bad back problems that have been made worse by a knee and hip replacement that put my spine off kilter. I'm a 65 year old man, living in the body of a 95 year old, and the mind of a 15 year old. If I were Old Yeller, I would have been taken out behind the barn, years ago. 

If you yet a "G", you should get one from an Iginla sweater. Always loved the IBINLA look.

Edited by BigWillieStyle

8 hours ago, DickieDunn said:

Kind of surprised that Holland stepped down.

Hopefully we'll see some real changes in how the team is run, going forward, and Blashill is on a short leash next season.

He got promoted technically 

43 minutes ago, kliq said:

Interview with Yzerman, he pretty much says that he and Holland are not that different.

He says that, but I think he is. He told St Louis to f*** off basically. Same thing for Drouin.

I’d say he’s a little more gutsy.

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, kickazz said:

He got promoted technically 

He says that, but I think he is. He told St Louis to f*** off basically. Same thing for Drouin.

I’d say he’s a little more gutsy.

I do think there are differences, and I agree with what you wrote but I think if people believe Yzerman is going to come in and do a 180 with how this organization is run, they are setting themselves up to be upset.

6 hours ago, kliq said:

Completely agree with what @Dabura said two posts above.I think that Yzerman is going to be very similar to Holland, however where I think they differ is I think Yzerman is more likely to move some of "Hollands guys".

I'm not so sure about it. Yzerman has been much more aggressive during his stint in Tampa than Kenny has ever been. I for one will be much more excited for the next trade deadlines and free agencys. Not immediately, but the next trade deadline will give us a pretty good idea how Yzermans tenure as a GM will look like.

15 minutes ago, derblaueClaus said:

I'm not so sure about it. Yzerman has been much more aggressive during his stint in Tampa than Kenny has ever been. I for one will be much more excited for the next trade deadlines and free agencys. Not immediately, but the next trade deadline will give us a pretty good idea how Yzermans tenure as a GM will look like.

On the Velenti Show Yzerman said he would have handled the TDL pretty much the same/ I do think Yzerman is more likely to move people though.

Happy to see the new GM officially on board!

However, I am wondering how much of an open secret this was around the league. Watch the last 30 seconds of this video from April 3rd and it's clear the guy talking to Pang knows what's what.

Any possibility of  trouble there? While I was watching th presser 2 reporters asked about the timing of events leading up to today the people in the FB stream indicated it had already been addressed previously.

11 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

They'll compensate Tampa with a 3rd round pick.

I am so excited about this. We all have been expecting this, but it doesn't make it less exciting. The prodigal son has returned! My excitement for this team has just multiplied by 10000%, litterally, my hands are shaking. I haven't had much to be excited about, especially with the 1 year coming up, but this makes me happy. 

...on a side note, how long until he puts #91 in the rafters? Also, the season ticket phone lines have crashed by now I expect! :lol:

Jeff Riger @riger1984
FollowFollow @riger1984
More

Heard today that Yzerman might bring Sergei Fedorov into the organization. Fedorov currently doesn’t have a “solid” job in hockey and he and Yzerman remain close. If true, Fedorov should demand a hefty salary, great benefits and of course his number hanging from the rafters.

7:39 PM - 19 Apr 2019

1 hour ago, HockeytownUW said:

Happy to see the new GM officially on board!

However, I am wondering how much of an open secret this was around the league. Watch the last 30 seconds of this video from April 3rd and it's clear the guy talking to Pang knows what's what.

Any possibility of  trouble there? While I was watching th presser 2 reporters asked about the timing of events leading up to today the people in the FB stream indicated it had already been addressed previously.

The Red Wings were given permission by the Lightning to talk to Yzerman back in March. I'm sure a lot of people in hockey circles knew he would be named the next GM in Detroit sooner than later.

5 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

7-up with vodka. Sneakyyyy....

1 hour ago, kliq said:
Jeff Riger @riger1984
FollowFollow @riger1984
More

Heard today that Yzerman might bring Sergei Fedorov into the organization. Fedorov currently doesn’t have a “solid” job in hockey and he and Yzerman remain close. If true, Fedorov should demand a hefty salary, great benefits and of course his number hanging from the rafters.

7:39 PM - 19 Apr 2019

Maybe they can get Shanny from the Leafs too! Haha

I’d like to think Yzerman will have a big impact on all the players. From our tired old veterans to the kids and everyone in between. This guy is one of the greatest players of all time and he did everything he could to win, but did it in a very quiet way “leading by example.” He has the kind of “cred” no other GM or coach has in this organization. I’d like to think that knowing he is now your boss will shake up attitudes, competency and most importantly accountability. That may be the best thing about this move. In a nutshell he is a true leader. 

Edited by rwing