• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BringBack19

Report: Detroit to name Steve Yzerman as GM

Rate this topic

13 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

I’m not as concerned about goaltending as I am the defense. I think Howard and Bernier are serviceable, but the D really is terrible...

I think we've probably hit the season where Howard starts to regress, however quickly, and injuries might start becoming more prevalent again. I see next season Bernier playing more than last year and I have no faith in Bernier.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is a pretty good trade scenario, and gotta think Brisebois and Yzerman will use each other to get what they want, kinda like how Holland and Yzerman did for a moment. It just screws up my obtaining Brayden Point scenario.

I would love to have Callahan. He's overpaid but he plays hard-nosed red blooded hockey and his contract is almost up. I dunno if we get a first outta that thou.

Brayden Point isn't worth two 1st's, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick in my opinion. Not when those 1st's could be lottery picks.

I don't really want Callahan, I just want the asset(s) that come with acquiring him. He would be a salary dump. Nothing more, nothing less. Arizona got Lawson Crouse (picked 11th overall the year before) for taking on Dave Bolland's contract. If we could get a pick and / or prospect for taking Callahan's contract, I'd do it for sure.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

If you could move up from the 35 spot to the 27 spot for Callahan do you do it?

I'd do it, but I think we could get a fair bit more than that... I don't think swapping a late 2nd for a late 3rd is a steep price to pay for a team that's looking to go for it again next year. We could maybe even get more than that...

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Brayden Point isn't worth two 1st's, a 2nd and a 3rd round pick in my opinion. Not when those 1st's could be lottery picks.

I don't really want Callahan, I just want the asset(s) that come with acquiring him. He would be a salary dump. Nothing more, nothing less. Arizona got Lawson Crouse (picked 11th overall the year before) for taking on Dave Bolland's contract. If we could get a pick and / or prospect for taking Callahan's contract, I'd do it for sure.

I'd do it, but I think we could get a fair bit more than that... I don't think swapping a late 2nd for a late 3rd is a steep price to pay for a team that's looking to go for it again next year. We could maybe even get more than that...

Callahan + Abby = so much intangibles thou...

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Sounds like he'd be taking Wright with him. Which begs the question: who's going to run Yzerman 's draft? 

Also, makes me wonder about Anderson's future as Wings scout. 

Per Bob McKenzie's podcast, it's being reported that Pat Verbeek is expected to follow Yzerman to Detroit

Tampa in total meltdown lol

This might mean Holland really is leaving. Seems like Yzerman is taking full control and bringing in his own team.

Get fukt Tampa

EDIT: I assume this would mean Holland, Wright, and Martin skip town and Yzerman brings in Verbeek and Murray. Total shake up. I hope Draper stays though.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

12 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

It will be really ******* weird to see Holland with another NHL team. 

And a little sad

Bruh Scotty Bowman retired, then eventually went to Chicago. Holland is a less important than Scotty was to fans. You’ll be fine. 

Edited by kickazz

57 minutes ago, slavetothehotlight said:

The Sportsnet guys were just talking about Holland, next 24-48 hours for decision. Rumored to be 5 years 5million per year on the table. 

Anyone know what he makes in Detroit?

19 minutes ago, kliq said:

Anyone know what he makes in Detroit?

Don't know. I searched but they say GM salaries are not made public. I did see a funny article about Carolina and their GM search last year, they were rumored to be only offering 400K per year. In that article they referenced a source as saying GM salaries were 1.5 -2 mil a few years before that. 

The paperwork still has to get done. Provided all of that is managed today, expect the Oilers to introduce Holland as the new GM in the next few days. Holland will have autonomy and Nicholson could take on a bigger role as well.

This appears to be a done deal. I'm actually a little bit surprised by this.

Edited by BigWillieStyle
Not good at twitting.

43 minutes ago, kickazz said:

All that “I’m going to stay with the organization and help out” until someone throws 5 million at you. 

Bruh, Holland got run out of town by malcontent fans. And more or less laterally replaced by Yzerman who might be 5 - 10% better. 

If I were Holland I'd be like "eff you you fickle ingrates, I am ******* out of here!!" 

No one on LGWs gets to talk s*** about him leaving so he can continue to be a GM. 

I'm happy for him and wish him the best of luck. 

Remember when everyone was saying that Holland was gonna run this team together with Yzerman? I argued that Holland would have no say in who Steve drafts. I didn't think this would be the reason, but I told ya so! :)

Now the race is on, who builds a Cup winner first? Or will we see DET v. EDM in a Cup final?

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Bruh, Holland got run out of town by malcontent fans. And more or less laterally replaced by Yzerman who might be 5 - 10% better. 

If I were Holland I'd be like "eff you you fickle ingrates, I am ******* out of here!!" 

No one on LGWs gets to talk s*** about him leaving so he can continue to be a GM. 

I'm happy for him and wish him the best of luck. 

I don’t think most logical fans hate the guy. I think it was time. Having the same GM for the 20 years is excessive when things are going down hill. Holland knew this as well and brought in Yzerman. 

Remember, it was Holland who decided to approach Stevie. He even compared it to the time Devalanno moved up and let him in to take over. 

I’m happy for him but also have the “f*** you, us vs you” attitude cuz Red Wings above all.

Edited by kickazz