• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

BOS vs. CBJ - Round 2

Rate this topic

15 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Bobrovsky is probably low key excited to clean out his locker and never return to that dressing room.

He didn't play as well as he did in the Tampa series.  I wouldn't want him on my team in the postseason.  Just don't trust the guy.  

37 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

BJ's dried up. BJ's went limp. BJ's drained. BJ's finish with a not so happy ending. Pick ur headline.

How about, “Tortorella’s guarantee as worthless as a BJ with a lot of teeth.”

5 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Looks bad for sure, they did go for it, but I think it was more of a need to just get into the playoffs and win a round maybe.  Coming into this year, in their 17 year history, they were out of the playoffs in 13 of those years and out in the first round in the other 4.  They never won a playoff series in their history, they had won a total of 5 playoffs games in their existence.  This season, they won a series and put up 6 total wins (6W, 4L).  For that team, it has to count for something I suppose.

Probably cold comfort tho.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

He didn't play as well as he did in the Tampa series.  I wouldn't want him on my team in the postseason.  Just don't trust the guy.  

I don't trust any goalies, as a rule.

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

True, he wasn't as good. I think he could back a true contender to a Cup though. He'll have no shortage of offers from teams that need a legit starter and can afford him. UFA goalie pickings are pretty slim this summer.

3 hours ago, chaps80 said:

True, he wasn't as good. I think he could back a true contender to a Cup though. He'll have no shortage of offers from teams that need a legit starter and can afford him. UFA goalie pickings are pretty slim this summer.

If Antti Niemi can back a true contender, anybody can.  

On 5/7/2019 at 5:34 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The rumor is he'll be asking $10 mil

That would be too much, but he may get it with the goalies available.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:26 PM, GMRwings1983 said:

If Antti Niemi can back a true contender, anybody can.  

Yep. Niemi had solid numbers in SJ after that though. Dropped off some in Dallas, then he had his embarrassing Pittsburgh experiment. Recovered some in Montreal. Wonder if he'll even get any interest this summer....

31 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

That would be too much, but he may get it with the goalies available.

Yep. Niemi had solid numbers in SJ after that though. Dropped off some in Dallas, then he had his embarrassing Pittsburgh experiment. Recovered some in Montreal. Wonder if he'll even get any interest this summer....

He signed in the khl,  jokerit 

On 5/8/2019 at 10:22 PM, Euro_Twins said:

He signed in the khl,  jokerit 

Makes sense.  

"Niemi was the only player that Montreal Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin confirmed would not be returning at the team’s locker room clear out at the end of the season."

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/latest-news/2019/5/8/18536904/report-antti-niemi-to-sign-with-jokerit-in-khl-montreal-canadiens-habs-free-agency