• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeymom1960

CAR vs NYI - Round 2

Rate this topic

I can't watch this series.  The Hurricanes jersey is too hideous to look at.  I was hoping Washington would beat this monstrosity so that I wouldn't have to stare at it anymore.  Please bust out the Whalers jerseys the rest of the way.  

On top of that, the Islanders have that stupid SUV in the background.  I thought they were done playing in this crappy building and moved back to Nassau (as sad as that sounds).

50 minutes ago, amato said:

https://www.tsn.ca/brind-amour-good-news-on-mrazek-1.1298563

Sounds like Mrazek could be fine for game 3. This is about as vague of a report as they come though, even for playoff hockey. 

Mrazek out for game 3:

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/hurricanes-petr-mrazek-unavailable-for-wednesdays-contest/

McElhinney should be fine though for a game or two, especially with the home boost. The two day rest should help the skaters. I’m hoping they can pull off a sweep to give some injured guys some rest before the semis. If they get Mrazek back solid and don’t add any more injuries and get some guys back for round 3, I think they’ve got a chance to keep this train going. I’d love to make the trip to Raleigh to catch a game in the next couple weeks.

Edited by gcom007

5 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

If you can’t watch the Wings in the playoffs right now, it’s good to be in the great state of North Carolina!!! BOOM!

This is arguably 1 of the most interesting playoffs in quite some time...Has there ever been a Cup Finals involving 2 teams south of the Mason-Dixon line?

What ratings would the league get if it were a Dallas/Carolina Finals?

Edited by F.Michael

6 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

This is arguably 1 of the most interesting playoffs in quite some time...Has there ever been a Cup Finals involving 2 teams south of the Mason-Dixon line?

I don’t give a f***. I’m having the best time not watching the Wings that I’ve ever had watching hockey. It’s weird, admittedly, but I like rooting a bit for the local team, and it’s easier when the Wings aren’t in it. This is pure fun. Plus, I can probably end up getting tickets to the game a hell of a lot cheaper. 

1 minute ago, gcom007 said:

I don’t give a f***. I’m having the best time not watching the Wings that I’ve ever had watching hockey. It’s weird, admittedly, but I like rooting a bit for the local team, and it’s easier when the Wings aren’t in it. This is pure fun. Plus, I can probably end up getting tickets to the game a hell of a lot cheaper. 

Truth be told - rooting for the 'local' team is a bit of a foreign concept to me since by far, and large I'm 99.9% Detroit Red Wing fan...Packers/Brewers/Bucks are all sorta 'meh ok'...

Those back to back Cups in 97/98...I was so envious of those living in Michigan...Nobody here in WI (outside of myself, and maybe 4 to 6 others whom I played hockey with) gave 2 F**ks about hockey, or the NHL.

On 4/30/2019 at 7:42 PM, chaps80 said:

Mrazek should be back for Game 4. But if he needs the precautionary rest, Mac is more than capable. Hell of a $2.3 million tandem.

Dollar for dollar, it really is the most bang for your buck tandem in the NHL by a mile.

1 minute ago, F.Michael said:

Truth be told - rooting for the 'local' team is a bit of a foreign concept to me since by far, and large I'm 99.9% Detroit Red Wing fan...Packers/Brewers/Bucks are all sorta 'meh ok'...

Those back to back Cups in 97/98...I was so envious of those living in Michigan...Nobody here in WI (outside of myself, and maybe 4 to 6 others whom I played hockey with) gave 2 F**ks about hockey, or the NHL.

Yeah, it can definitely be tough. I truly get it. I’m in the minority down here without a doubt, but I feel like somewhat of an evangelist. I’m at the bar with a bunch of friends under normal dinner and drinks pretenses but we’re watching a game and I’m helping them understand. Little by little they’re getting into it and learning about the beauty of it all. The speed and skill on exhibit is hard to ignore if you give it a second, and I’m helping turn some heads. It’s a ton of fun. Again, if I can’t watch the Wings, this is becoming the next best thing. Watching this team grow and persevere and play hard nosed hockey is a ton of fun. I know it’ll be different in the next few years as the Wings get more competitive again, so I’m enjoying it while it lasts. 

42 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

About the same ratings as WWE Smackdown.  

I don't get the love for Carolina.  Small market, God awful uniforms, fans who only go to games when they're in the playoffs.  Not a team I'm excited to watch at all.  Imagine a Columbus/Carolina Conference Final.  The league can't be excited about that.  

1 minute ago, GMRwings1983 said:

About the same ratings as WWE Smackdown.  

I don't get the love for Carolina.  Small market, God awful uniforms, fans who only go to games when they're in the playoffs.  Not a team I'm excited to watch at all.  Imagine a Columbus/Carolina Conference Final.  The league can't be excited about that.  

I’ll dismiss the uniform thing; at this point, can we Iverson up and talk about the game?

I wish the team would move to Charlotte. Living in Charlotte now about 5 years in, I meet primarily northerners, countless of which who know and love hockey. I think the Hurricanes would be a much bigger team in the Charlotte market. We embrace the Checkers!

In any event, the teams on the ice are making for a lot of fun hockey. Who cares about the markets? Are the games exciting? Has it been fun watching the arc of this series play out? Yes. The goalies basically stole the first two games for a tired bunch of skaters and tonight when the skaters needed to, they showed up and looked like a different team. This team is finding a way on all fronts. It’s fun to watch. They can wear completely hideous jerseys with five fonts for all I care, this is fun.