• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kliq

Are you Happy with the Second Round?

Rate this topic

Are you Happy with the Second Round?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a topic that I have heard opposing views on, and I am very curious to see what this board thinks.

Are you happy to see fresh faces in the second round? With the second round consisting of the Columbus, NYI, Carolina, Coloado, St. Louis, Dallas, Boston and San Jose, with the exception of maybe a couple teams we have a very fresh group of teams playing. At the same time, by having fresh faces, we are missing almost all of the big market teams, and a TON of the big name players around the league.

Now, obviously 99.9 % of us would love the Wings to be contenders, so lets not factor the Wings into this at all. But here is my question, are you happy to see fresh faces? Or do you feel like we are missing the stars, and have little desire to see small market teams?

3 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I didnt vote because I dont prefer either scenario. Take all of the original six, canadians, and usual suspects out of the equation and its not worth watching. If its always the same teams, it becomes boring. I prefer balance.

Are we still talking about hockey

I'd be a lot happier if Carolina, Dallas, and Columbus were gone.  All three of those teams ruined a more interesting second round matchup for me.  I like the Colorado vs. San Jose matchup.  That should be a fun one. 

Edited by GMRwings1983

3 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Just thought that I'd mention that 5 of those no-named teams have won at least 1 Stanley Cup, with a total of 14 between them. 

Would also like to add, screw those bunch of jerks. Move them to The Yukon Territories, for all I care. 

None of these teams have won a Stanley Cup with this group of players.  Maybe Boston, but that was a different team 8 years ago.

BOS - never ever root for them

CBJ - meh they just won their first playoff series

CAR - that state cares more about NASCAR than hockey 

NYI - incredible historic fan base that surprised a lot of the NHL and is having success 

DAL- I like Seguin/Benn/Radulov  

STL - old rival, original expansion team who never gets it done 

SJ - win a Cup for Thornton? They advanced on a horrible major penalty in their favor 

COL - nope 

2 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

I'd be a lot happier if Carolina, Nasvhille, and Columbus were gone.  All three of those teams ruined a more interesting second round matchup for me.  I like the Colorado vs. San Jose matchup.  That should be a fun one. 

Do you mean the Islanders? 

38 minutes ago, kliq said:

Do you mean the Islanders? 

Sorry, I meant Dallas.  I wanted to see Nashville vs. St Louis.  Those teams have a pretty good rivalry.  Also, say what you want about their fans, it’s fun to see that atmosphere in Nashville on TV.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I want a SJS NYI final.

So you want to hurt the Wings' draft position?  I mean I'm okay with the Sharks going to the final because that turns a 3rd round pick next year into a 2nd, but there's no reason for any Wings fan to want the Isles to advance beyond round 2.

BOS - lose this round please 

CBJ - win this round please 

CAR - brought down the Champs and now a decent shot at being the champ 

NYI - love them winning and Tavares losing

DAL- I like Seguin/Benn/Radulov/Klingberg/Heiskanen 

STL - meh 

SJ - win a Cup for Thornton? They advanced on a horrible Vegas PK 

COL - NOPE! 

2 hours ago, TLGTrico said:

So you want to hurt the Wings' draft position?  I mean I'm okay with the Sharks going to the final because that turns a 3rd round pick next year into a 2nd, but there's no reason for any Wings fan to want the Isles to advance beyond round 2.

Considering my 3 other EC choices are BOS, CBJ, and CAR....yes.

9 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Just thought that I'd mention that 5 of those no-named teams have won at least 1 Stanley Cup, with a total of 14 between them. 

Would also like to add, screw those bunch of jerks. Move them to The Yukon Territories, for all I care. 

The Whitehorse White Horses?

3 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Sorry, I meant Dallas.  I wanted to see Nashville vs. St Louis.  Those teams have a pretty good rivalry.  Also, say what you want about their fans, it’s fun to see that atmosphere in Nashville on TV.

I have no problem with Nashville, I was pulling for them. I thought you mean NYI because you mentioned in another thread that you didnt want to see Carolina vs NYI lol.

1 hour ago, kliq said:

I have no problem with Nashville, I was pulling for them. I thought you mean NYI because you mentioned in another thread that you didnt want to see Carolina vs NYI lol.

I don't.  But most of that has to do with Carolina.  Although a Pens vs. Capitals matchup is always interesting, (like everyone else), I wanted the Penguins to lose.