• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Poll: Datsyuk on the team at 41?

Rate this topic

Do you want a 41 year old Datsyuk on the team?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Deep down I dont want him coming back, but with that said. if I am Yzerman and Datsyuk asks to return, I probably bring him back as long as its not stupid money. He can help with the kids, and I'd like to see him have a proper send off. Maybe we can trade Nielen to Arizona and give Datsyuk his spot lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we are due for another bottom 4-7 year. So yea I wouldn't mind. But only on a 1 year deal. Datz will bring more people to LCA as well, which is really needed. I for one, would go to at least more one game to see Datz play again.

I am not bent on how he left like many are. Life happens, things change, not like he cost us a Cup or he joined TOR. If he going to come back to the NHL, it may as well be in a Red Wing jersey. I would rather see him in the KHL than join another NHL team outside of the Red Wings.

Not going to lie, I would love to see Datz and Panarin on the same line. Wishful thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, kylee said:

he just announced on Twitter he will not be returning to SKA but did not say he is retiring from hockey. Thoughts?

Umm, where are the options for "No" and "Hell No"?... :confused:

5 hours ago, kliq said:

Deep down I dont want him coming back, but with that said. if I am Yzerman and Datsyuk asks to return, I probably bring him back as long as its not stupid money. He can help with the kids, and I'd like to see him have a proper send off. Maybe we can trade Nielen to Arizona and give Datsyuk his spot lol.

LOL I just said basically the exact same thing in another thread...

I don't really want him back at this point, but I'd take him over Nielsen for sure...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe he went to Russia to rebuild his legs with stem cells or some other procedure that couldn't be done here. :P

I'd love to have him back personally. But only on a year to year basis at a couple mill max.. And if we do bring him back, I agree that neilsen has to go. I don't want bringing pav back to switch AA back to wing. I'd like him to keep developing as a center. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure his return is very likely. He didn't even want to sign the last contract he played here.  

The only contract id like to see him sign would be one of those one day contracts so he can retire a Red Wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Should be an upgrade over Vanek at the same or lower caphit. If he returns I'm expecting a really team friendly deal at a maximum of 2 years considering how he left.

Would love to see Dats finish his career as a Red Wing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, amato said:

I'd love to have him back personally. But only on a year to year basis at a couple mill max.. And if we do bring him back, I agree that neilsen has to go. I don't want bringing pav back to switch AA back to wing. I'd like him to keep developing as a center. 

I don't really want him back, but on a one year contract, the cap hit wouldn't really matter much. It could be $5M for all I care. We have the cap space this season. It's next season where we'll need to free some up to sign Mantha, Athanasiou and Bertuzzi.

I'm not sure if Athanasiou is a long-term solution at center, but I'd like to give him a little more time there as well. Veleno is likely a year away, so Datsyuk as a one year stop-gap wouldn't be the worst thing. But yeah, Nielsen would have to go...

37 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Should be an upgrade over Vanek at the same or lower caphit. If he returns I'm expecting a really team friendly deal at a maximum of 2 years considering how he left.

Would love to see Dats finish his career as a Red Wing.

No way you go two years on a 41 year old that hasn't played in the league in three years...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

I don't really want him back, but on a one year contract, the cap hit wouldn't really matter much. It could be $5M for all I care. We have the cap space this season. It's next season where we'll need to free some up to sign Mantha, Athanasiou and Bertuzzi.

I'm not sure if Athanasiou is a long-term solution at center, but I'd like to give him a little more time there as well. Veleno is likely a year away, so Datsyuk as a one year stop-gap wouldn't be the worst thing. But yeah, Nielsen would have to go...

No way you go two years on a 41 year old that hasn't played in the league in three years...

I don’t think there’s a snowballs chance in hell that he signs for two years if he signs at all. I do think it’s interesting that he hasn’t announced his retirement in light of the rumors about a return to the NHL/Wings. And Yzerman is back. There’s rumors about Federov coming back. So Datsyuk for one last year? Why not? Let the reunion tour continue. I would bet the price to value ratio on this one would pay off, and I’d be lying if I said I wouldn’t want to see a little more of the Magic Man before he hangs them up. I think it’d make next year special, and I also think we could be in the playoff mix next year. It’d be good to have his leadership and experience around for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

No way you go two years on a 41 year old that hasn't played in the league in three years..

At a 1 m cap hit I could do it but I agree that only a one year deal should be offered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Isn’t he under contract with Arizona?

No. Datsyuk's contract ended two years ago. There was only one year remaining when he bolted for the KHL in 2016.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

@Dabura

He'll come back and sign with NYR

The scary part is there are so many Russians with the Rags right now it could happen lol and they sort of have a super young forward group in need of a leader and most of the Russians are in the forward group... and Dastyuk and Namestnikov know each other well through Larionov's time in Detroit

If Dastyuk pulled a Jagr and went to NYR I will rip both my ears off my head

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The scary part is there are so many Russians with the Rags right now it could happen lol and they sort of have a super young forward group in need of a leader and most of the Russians are in the forward group... and Dastyuk and Namestnikov know each other well through Larionov's time in Detroit

If Dastyuk pulled a Jagr and went to NYR I will rip both my ears off my head

Not sure why that would be scary?  Highly doubtful he comes back to the NHL and if he does, hard to believe he'd be much of an impact player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toby91_ca said:

Not sure why that would be scary?  Highly doubtful he comes back to the NHL and if he does, hard to believe he'd be much of an impact player.

Thanks for my morning Xanax bar

It mostly boils down to "Don't you dare look at other NHL teams you ****, you're mine, haha I love uuuuuuu Dats"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

If he comes back, he’s coming to Detroit. Didn’t his agent even say something along those lines awhile back?

I mean, he also signed a contract that he ended up not honoring. So who knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

If he comes back, he’s coming to Detroit. Didn’t his agent even say something along those lines awhile back?

 

4 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I mean, he also signed a contract that he ended up not honoring. So who knows.

His agent is also a shady Russian banker who's been raided by the FBI multiple times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2019/05/01/ex-detroit-red-wings-star-pavel-datsyuk-informs-khl-team-hes-not-returning/3638027002/

“(But) if Pavel decides to continue to explore the possibility of playing in the National Hockey League, I can tell you the only club he would play for would be the Detroit Red Wings.

“He would not consider any other options.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks for my morning Xanax bar

It mostly boils down to "Don't you dare look at other NHL teams you ****, you're mine, haha I love uuuuuuu Dats"

No, I get it, just try to put some logic into it.  I wouldn't mind taking him back with the right circumstances (i.e. 1 year, low cap hit).  But even then, do I care about cap hit?  I don't think the Wings are close to contenders yet, so overpaying a guy doesn't really hurt.  I must say, I'm not a fan of it though, he decided to leave with time left on his deal to play somewhere else.....then feels like coming back later?  Why would I want to take him back?  I'm just happy this isn't something happening in the prime of his career, feelings and discussions would be quite different.

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

No. Datsyuk's contract ended two years ago. There was only one year remaining when he bolted for the KHL in 2016.

Not sure how a contract with one year left on the deal ends if you don't end up playing that one year.  I'm sure Arizona has some sort of rights to Datsyuk, if he wanted to come back to the NHL, I'm assuming he wouldn't be coming back as an UFA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this