• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Poll: Datsyuk on the team at 41?

Rate this topic

Do you want a 41 year old Datsyuk on the team?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Dats will live in the Yzerman’s basement...He only wants to hookup with one of the Yzerman girls :lol:

I thought that the master plan, was to have Lidstrom's sons breed with Yzerman's daughters, and make us plenty of "Perfect Red Wings". 

And just by coincidence, Datsyuk's house, which has been for sale or rent, since Summer of 2015, had it's listing pulled at the end of March. And, it's still fully furnished, so all he has to do is bring a suitcase or two, and unpack.  

24 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

I thought that the master plan, was to have Lidstrom's sons breed with Yzerman's daughters, and make us plenty of "Perfect Red Wings". 

And just by coincidence, Datsyuk's house, which has been for sale or rent, since Summer of 2015, had it's listing pulled at the end of March. And, it's still fully furnished, so all he has to do is bring a suitcase or two, and unpack.  

Isn’t his daughter getting to the age of college now? 

University of Michigan is top notch. 

24 minutes ago, kickazz said:

His youngest, Sophia, just finished her second year at U of M. His middle daughter, Maria, is finishing her Junior year at BU. And Isabella, his oldest, already graduated from U of M, and is working on her Masters, at USC(?). Maybe it's UCLA, can't quite remember.

It's hard to believe that that little girl he had out on the ice with him in '97, is now 25. Amazing how time flies. 

17 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

His youngest, Sophia, just finished her second year at U of M. His middle daughter, Maria, is finishing her Junior year at BU. And Isabella, his oldest, already graduated from U of M, and is working on her Masters, at USC(?). Maybe it's UCLA, can't quite remember.

It's hard to believe that that little girl he had out on the ice with him in '97, is now 25. Amazing how time flies. 

Lol I was talking about Datsyuk’s daughter

6 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

Plans have changed...Millennial boys are more interested in their Iphones than girls.

I still remember watching Yzerman's jersey retirement...All 3 of them looked pretty bored.

Image result for yzerman girls at retirement ceremony

5 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Ummm,  we have a team in which Nielsen,  De La Rose,  and Glendening all took regular shifts  at center last year and we don't have a spot for Datsyuk?  Lol.   Deplorables. 

Nielsen is probably on the same level as Datsyuk at this point in their respective careers. As most of us have already mentioned though, if we can get rid of Nielsen and his 3 years, $5.25M contract, and sign Datsyuk for one year, it would be a worthy tradeoff. de la Rose will likely be on LTIR, but even if he is healthy, he shouldn't be on the team next season. Glendening is a good shut-down 4th line center, a role I doubt Datsyuk would be capable of filling at this point in his career...

Larkin, Mantha, Athanasiou, Bertuzzi, Nielsen, Helm, Abdelkader, Glendening are the only real "locks" on the team going into next season. Hirose, Rasmussen, Veleno, Zadina, Svechnikov and Ehn all have a shot. Again, if we can trade Nielsen, I'd be all for one last year of Datsyuk, but for me, I'd just assume play the kids than bring back a 41 year old Datsyuk...

IF Datsyuk were to come back, what would our lineup look like?...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Athanasiou - Datsyuk - Zadina

Hirose - Nielsen - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Turgeon / Ehn

Veleno and Svechnikov start in GR.

I guess I don't hate it... I'm completely impartial to Datsyuk coming back. If he does, cool. If he doesn't, cool...

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

IF Datsyuk were to come back, what would our lineup look like?...

Bertuzzi - Larkin - Mantha

Athanasiou - Datsyuk - Zadina

Hirose - Nielsen - Rasmussen

Abdelkader - Glendening - Helm

Turgeon / Ehn

Veleno and Svechnikov start in GR.

I guess I don't hate it... I'm completely impartial to Datsyuk coming back. If he does, cool. If he doesn't, cool...

I could see Dats racking up 40 assists, or more with guys like AA (breakout speed), and Zads (his shot) on his line along with getting pp time.

8 hours ago, kickazz said:

Image result for bucky badger

19 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I could see Dats racking up 40 assists, or more with guys like AA (breakout speed), and Zads (his shot) on his line along with getting pp time.

Image result for bucky badger

Hmmmm, Datsyuk tp Detroit, Datsyuk daughter to Wisconsin, Cole Caufield commited to Wisconsin, Yzerman might draft Cole at #6, Cole and Datsyuk daughter start dating in college....hmmmm....

Edited by LeftWinger

1 hour ago, GMRwings1983 said:

How come you guys knows so much information about the children of the players?  

We’re a sad bunch. 

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Plans have changed...Millennial boys are more interested in their Iphones than girls.

I still remember watching Yzerman's jersey retirement...All 3 of them looked pretty bored.

Image result for yzerman girls at retirement ceremony

Look at how good looking Steve Yzerman is. Hotdammmm 

Edited by kickazz

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Mantha
Hirose  Athanasiou  Connolly
Helm  Datsyuk  Zadina
Abdelkader  Nielsen  Glendening
de la Rose  Svechnikov

DeKeyser  Hronek
Cholowski  Green
Kronwall  Bowey
Ericsson

I'd be ok with that.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Mantha
Hirose  Athanasiou  Connolly
Helm  Datsyuk  Zadina
de la Rose  Svechnikov

DeKeyser  Hronek
Cholowski  Green
Kronwall  Bowey
Ericsson

I'd be ok with that.

How did we get Connolly?...

34 minutes ago, kickazz said:

We’re a sad bunch. 

Look at how good looking Steve Yzerman is. Hotdammmm 

This is an old picture, though.  

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

How did we get Connolly?...

Jennifer Connelly?  She's 48 now.  

Edited by GMRwings1983

Just now, krsmith17 said:

I was thinking he had another year left. What does that contract look like?

Probably an overpayment, tbh. Which is why I'm not all that interested in him. But maybe Yzerman could do some Jedi mind trick s*** or something.

41 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Bertuzzi  Larkin  Mantha
Hirose  Athanasiou  Zadina
Panarin Datsyuk  Svechnikov
de la Rose  

DeKeyser  Hronek
Cholowski  Green
Kronwall  Bowey
Ericsson

I'd be ok with that.

The Russian 3. 

————

So if Datsyuk comes back he’s the captain right? 

Edited by kickazz