• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kylee

Poll: Datsyuk on the team at 41?

Rate this topic

Do you want a 41 year old Datsyuk on the team?  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How many 41 year olds do you expect to play a full NHL season?

I said I'd want them gone, too, as in I don't want any of them.  Maybe try to work on your reading comprehension?

5 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How many 41 year olds do you expect to play a full NHL season?

I don't usually expect a 41 to play in the NHL at all.  

Just now, kickazz said:

What's a fair contract for Datsyuk?

1 year $5 million?

1 year $1.5 mil

3 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

oooo fiesty

That wasn't the question though. So I'll ask it a third time.

Who would you rather play in the lineup. Datsyuk or any of those 3?

None.  If I had to choose one, I'd pick Nielsen, because I expect more than 50 games and 20-25 points from him.

8 minutes ago, kickazz said:

What's a fair contract for Datsyuk?

1 year $5 million?

As long as it's only one year, I honestly don't care about the cap hit.

The only reason we'd need cap space for next season is if we're going after one of the big fish. And as you know, I have no interest in doing that. I'd rather Datsyuk for one year at $12M, than Karlsson for seven years at $12M...

Just now, F.Michael said:

Vanek $$$...1 yr at $3 million...Nothing more.

I think he would likely replicate Vanek's numbers plus the playmaking and mentoring that Vanek isn't really known for.

60 ish games at best, 40 ish points. 

Just now, krsmith17 said:

As long as it's only one year, I honestly don't care about the cap hit.

The only reason we'd need cap space for next season is if we're going after one of the big fish. And as you know, I have no interest in doing that. I'd rather Datsyuk for one year at $12M, than Karlsson for seven years at $12M...

Wow will you stop baiting me with Karlsson.

;)

4 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

None.  If I had to choose one, I'd pick Nielsen, because I expect more than 50 games and 20-25 points from him.

Ok. I'd pick Datsyuk over Nielsen. Based on the translation factor Dastyuk would have had roughly 30 pts in just 50 games in the NHL this year, or 47 over 82 if he played. That's a helluva lot better than 25 pts out of Nielsen in 82. Plus Datsyuk hits our books for about 1 to 1.5 whereas Nielsen hits it for 5+.

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

I think he would likely replicate Vanek's numbers plus the playmaking and mentoring that Vanek isn't really known for.

;)

From all accounts, Vanek was very good at this actually. 

I'd give Datsyuk 1 Yr @ 4 or 5 M

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ok. I'd pick Datsyuk over Nielsen. Based on the translation factor Dastyuk would have had roughly 30 pts in just 50 games in the NHL this year, or 47 over 82 if he played. That's a helluva lot better than 25 pts out of Nielsen in 82. Plus Datsyuk hits our books for about 1 to 1.5 whereas Nielsen hits it for 5+.

35 in 72 games for Nielsen. I doubt Daysuk would come close to either of those numbers, so I'd rather have Nielsen.  Like krsmith said, cap hit for next year is largely irrelevant since they don't need it for anyone.

1 minute ago, kickazz said:

;)

To the bold...That's probably an accurate estimate.

Being a fan of Dats I'm probably a bit too generous claiming he'll play 70 to 75 games, and garnering 50 sumthin pts.

Either way - I'd love to see him play a season, or two with the Wings before he hangs the skates up for good.

6 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

35 in 72 games for Nielsen. I doubt Daysuk would come close to either of those numbers, so I'd rather have Nielsen.  Like krsmith said, cap hit for next year is largely irrelevant since they don't need it for anyone.

First you expect 20-25 out of Nielsen over a full season, now you expect 35 in 72? Which one is it?
Guess you missed the bit about the KHL translation factor too huh?

8 minutes ago, DickieDunn said:

Maybe it's me being sentimental, but Dats was an elite player in his prime...Nielsen was never anything close to that.

I'm of the opinion (be it right, or wrong) that Dats continues to be the better of the two at this stage of their careers.

I expect Dats to be a bit slower, but his hockey IQ, and hands should still be there.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

What's his actual status? Is he technically still under contract with Arizona? Has that contract expired, or was it suspended indefinitely while he was in Russia?

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

What's his actual status? Is he technically still under contract with Arizona? Has that contract expired, or was it suspended indefinitely while he was in Russia?

The contract is expired but who knows where his "rights" belong. I guess technically still Arizona for the NHL and SKA for KHL until July.

Edited by kickazz

7 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Answer my question you NY ranger loving demon f***. I'm gathering census for some RL friends about what online Red Wing fanatics think his value is.

Edited by kickazz

Just now, kickazz said:

The contract is expired but who knows where his "rights" belong. I guess technically still Arizona for the NHL and SKA for KHL until July.

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's UFA

Assuming he's UFA...sure, one year at $5M sounds reasonable. His cap hit probably doesn't matter much, unless perhaps we're thinking of adding several significant pieces and trying to pull a Cinderella.

Ideally? This:

Just now, gcom007 said:

$3 million with incentives

3 minutes ago, kickazz said:

Answer my question you NY ranger loving demon f***. I'm gathering census for some RL friends about what online Red Wing fanatics think his value is.

How. Dare. You. Sir.

6 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I thought he was a free agent because his contract that we traded to Arizona expired two years ago. However, after doing some digging, I think they still hold his rights until July 1st, due to some rule that states a player that requests to voluntarily retire before his contract is complete, cannot play for another organization for three years.

Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg is already putting it out there via Russian papers and twitter supposedly that he's signing with them. Pretty sure he wanted to play for his home town and retire there before his career ended.

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

I thought he was a free agent because his contract that we traded to Arizona expired two years ago. However, after doing some digging, I think they still hold his rights until July 1st, due to some rule that states a player that requests to voluntarily retire before his contract is complete, cannot play for another organization for three years.

Correct, he's UFA July 1st though