• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kickazz

Yzerman signs Joe Veleno to 3 year entry level contract

Rate this topic

It's official, Yzerman is the best Red Wings GM of all time!

2 hours ago, kickazz said:

Bet he'll be full time with the Wings at some point in 19-20 season.

I hope so.

1 hour ago, kickazz said:

It’s mediocre at best, sign Panarin or Karlsson and we’re talking. 

I hope the f*** not...

3 hours ago, kickazz said:

It’s mediocre at best, sign Panarin or Karlsson and we’re talking. 

Haven't you heard?  They want to go to Florida to bang hot chicks and play for a franchise that doesn't care about hockey or winning.  

4 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Haven't you heard?  They want to go to Florida to bang hot chicks and play for a franchise that doesn't care about hockey or winning.  

Could go to the Rangers in Manhattan if they want all that.

@Dabura

So, is Veleno in the same situation as Rasmussen was last year? Either the big club, or Juniors? I'm kind of thinking that he would be better off with a little bit of time in GR this year. Just look at what happened to Rasmussen last year. Too big of a jump into the deep end of the pool, without having any swimming lessons. Just hope that Veleno is a little bit better equipped to handle playing in The NHL. 

25 minutes ago, BigWillieStyle said:

So, is Veleno in the same situation as Rasmussen was last year? Either the big club, or Juniors? I'm kind of thinking that he would be better off with a little bit of time in GR this year. Just look at what happened to Rasmussen last year. Too big of a jump into the deep end of the pool, without having any swimming lessons. Just hope that Veleno is a little bit better equipped to handle playing in The NHL. 

It will be GR or the Red Wings.

Wouldn’t worry about his ability to swim, Veleno has a higher projection than Rasmussen but I agree that he would benefit from a year in GR. 

Edited by kickazz

37 minutes ago, kickazz said:

It will be GR or the Red Wings.

Wouldn’t worry about his ability to swim, Veleno has a higher projection than Rasmussen but I agree that he would benefit from a year in GR. 

How does he get the option of Grand Rapids? Is it something to do with his "exceptional" status, and his extra year of Juniors? Or am I just confused on how all this s*** works? It could easily be "yes" to both of those questions.

5 hours ago, BigWillieStyle said:

How does he get the option of Grand Rapids? Is it something to do with his "exceptional" status, and his extra year of Juniors? Or am I just confused on how all this s*** works? It could easily be "yes" to both of those questions.

Yes, that's exactly it. A junior player is eligible to play in the AHL if they will be 20 years old by December 31st of that season OR has already played 4 seasons in the CHL. Because Veleno was granted exceptional status, he's already played his 4 years of junior and can play in Grand Rapids next season.

I think he has a real shot to make the Red Wings roster out of camp next season, but wouldn't be surprised to see him start with in GR. I think he'll get a good look in Detroit at some point next season though.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

You joke, but Panarin-to-NYR has been a thing for a while now. And Karlsson would probably consider it, because Rangers.

And this is why the NYR meme works. Because it's true.

Rags gotta pay Buchnevich, DeAngelo, Pionk, Fox, and Lemeiux yet

If they wanna pursue big names they're gonna have to trade our buyout some bigger contracts. Do they get cap relief if they waive Smith again??

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rags gotta pay Buchnevich, DeAngelo, Pionk, Fox, and Lemeiux yet

If they wanna pursue big names they're gonna have to trade our buyout some bigger contracts. Do they get cap relief if they waive Smith again??

I assume if Gorton feels like he has a legit shot at landing Panarin and/or Karlsson, he'll make some moves. Dunno if Smith would be one of those moves, not sure what his contract situation is.

Karlsson probably isn't happening, but I could definitely see Panarin smoochin' Kate Beckinsale and doing lines at the Kompromat Klub Disco.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I assume if Gorton feels like he has a legit shot at landing Panarin and/or Karlsson, he'll make some moves. Dunno if Smith would be one of those moves, not sure what his contract situation is.

Karlsson probably isn't happening, but I could definitely see Panarin smoochin' Kate Beckinsale and doing lines at the Kompromat Klub Disco.

Panarin
Panar
Panr
Pantr
Panthr
Panther

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Panarin
Panar
Panr
Pantr
Panthr
Panther

The Panthers have been irrelevant for so long now that it's gonna be really weird when they become really good and insufferable. What's it like having a burning hatred for the Florida Panthers? How does that work?

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

The Panthers have been irrelevant for so long now that it's gonna be really weird when they become really good and insufferable. What's it like having a burning hatred for the Florida Panthers? How does that work?

They're gonna have like close to 20 mil to spend if Luongo retires...

IDK but I hate them a little more with that logo. The old one was so cool.

53 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

They're gonna have like close to 20 mil to spend if Luongo retires...

IDK but I hate them a little more with that logo. The old one was so cool.

Indeed.  They got rid of the only good thing they had.  Just more bad marketing by NHL franchises.