• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
krsmith17

Holland set to become GM of Oilers

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, kliq said:

Title should read "How the Red Wings' attempts to maintain the streak delayed their collapse". Collapse was inevitable, but I guess that won't attract clicks.

Yeah. The video does mention that though, to be fair. 

Edited by chaps80

Dave Tippet being reported as Oilers new HC, my twitter links aren't working this morning

Interesting as Dave was in charge of operations for the new Seattle team and by all accounts was going to hire Holland as his GM. Now Holland is hiring him in Edmonton. These two must have got pretty familiar over the last year.

49 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Dave Tippet being reported as Oilers new HC, my twitter links aren't working this morning

Interesting as Dave was in charge of operations for the new Seattle team and by all accounts was going to hire Holland as his GM. Now Holland is hiring him in Edmonton. These two must have got pretty familiar over the last year.

This will be very interesting, Tippet was always known for having nothing special on his rosters, but getting the most out of them. Now he is coaching a team that has the elite of the elite talent wise, but arent performing. Very curious to see what he can do.

25 minutes ago, kliq said:

This will be very interesting, Tippet was always known for having nothing special on his rosters, but getting the most out of them. Now he is coaching a team that has the elite of the elite talent wise, but arent performing. Very curious to see what he can do.

Definitely. Oil fans seem super happy about the hire too.

7 hours ago, toby91_ca said:

Interesting fact: Ryan N-H was drafted 8 years ago and will now be playing for his 7th coach and 5th GM (same team though).....that clearly illustrates the lack of success in that team.

Which is why I question the rumbling from Oil fans over the Holland signing. Cant do any worse and will be the best GM they've had in at least a decade.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:29 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah no doubt if I wanted to leave it would be no problem. I just get the feeling that deep down Holland wanted to die a Red Wing. I would too in his position. But I also like 25 million dollars and apparently so does Ken...

There's no way he can do worse than Chia. I think people will be surprised with Holland's handling of Edmonton in a good way. I think he needed a fresh start as much as the Red Wings did.

I hope so, I love watching McDavid so I hope he's successful from a fan of the game perspective.

Edmonton is at the top of their division and conference...

Holland managed to swap with their most heated rival an overpaid and washed up enforcer Lucic for a point-per-game James Neal...

Holland brought in a coach that is getting the most out of a team with a few good forwards and below average D and netminding (just like us)...

Holland let Colin Larkin walk unsigned as a F U to the Red Wings...

When are we going to admit that Holland is a stable genius who's won many cups and will probably win more, and Yzerman merely road on the back of Hedman and Stamkos and still never got the job done?

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Edmonton is at the top of their division and conference...

Holland managed to swap with their most heated rival an overpaid and washed up enforcer Lucic for a point-per-game James Neal...

Holland brought in a coach that is getting the most out of a team with a few good forwards and below average D and netminding (just like us)...

Holland let Colin Larkin walk unsigned as a F U to the Red Wings...

When are we going to admit that Holland is a stable genius who's won many cups and will probably win more, and Yzerman merely road on the back of Hedman and Stamkos and still never got the job done?

Holland was never the actual problem here, just the scapegoat.

Some people are incapable of conceptualizing that a team cannot remain a Stanley cup contender for 30 years straight in a salary cap era.  So then rash decisions happen and quality people are removed simply for the sake of change.  So instead of proven winners in Babcock and Holland running the ship we have two unproven commodities.  Meanwhile the personelle we let walk are continuing to ice competitive teams, just for different cities now.

4 minutes ago, Echolalia said:

Some people are incapable of conceptualizing that a team cannot remain a Stanley cup contender for 30 years straight in a salary cap era.  So then rash decisions happen and quality people are removed simply for the sake of change.  So instead of proven winners in Babcock and Holland running the ship we have two unproven commodities.  Meanwhile the personelle we let walk are continuing to ice competitive teams, just for different cities now.

Yzerman's not a proven winner?