• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
F.Michael

Little Ball Of Hate

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Two realllllllllly competitive and intense dudes running things now. UNreal!!

Where does that leave Martin, and Draper?

I do agree - pretty interesting move!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Where does that leave Martin, and Draper?

I do agree - pretty interesting move!

Martin will stay on as Assistant GM and GM of the Griffs. Not sure about Drapes yet. He may be Alberta bound...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say Martin will go to Edmonton. Or another NHL team. I doubt hell be out of work for long. 

Which, I have to say, is weird to me because while I've defended and admired Holland even in these bad times, I never really understood Martin's value. Like seriously. What was he good at? He was hired in 2005-06 as a "cap expert". Other than inventing those 12 and 13 year deals and providing serviceable management to the Griffs, I don't really get the appeal. But whatevs. Not trying to shart on the guy or anything. 

Just now, krsmith17 said:

Martin will stay on as Assistant GM and GM of the Griffs. Not sure about Drapes yet. He may be Alberta bound...

Truth or spec? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd say Martin will go to Edmonton. Or another NHL team. I doubt hell be out of work for long. 

Which, I have to say, is weird to me because while I've defended and admired Holland even in these bad times, I never really understood Martin's value. Like seriously. What was he good at? He was hired in 2005-06 as a "cap expert". Other than inventing those 12 and 13 year deals and providing serviceable management to the Griffs, I don't really get the appeal. But whatevs. Not trying to shart on the guy or anything. 

Truth or spec? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'd say Martin will go to Edmonton. Or another NHL team. I doubt hell be out of work for long. 

Which, I have to say, is weird to me because while I've defended and admired Holland even in these bad times, I never really understood Martin's value. Like seriously. What was he good at? He was hired in 2005-06 as a "cap expert". Other than inventing those 12 and 13 year deals and providing serviceable management to the Griffs, I don't really get the appeal. But whatevs. Not trying to shart on the guy or anything. 

Truth or spec? 

 
IDK, it's never a bad thing to have a lawyer in your corner. Despite some of the bad contracts, the Wings have been wizards at staying under the cap despite spending more than the cap these last few years.

EDIT: @krsmith17 beat me with the tweet

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

OK. My bad, On second thought, I now love him and think he's great! :lol:

I don't think too much is confirmed.  Just means nothing official yet.  When you hire a new AGM, questions will be asked about existing AGM, so you can't really be silent on it....so working along side current AGM is a good communication at this point.  Maybe he says, maybe he doesn't.  I think it is important to have some legal experience in the GM's office though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this