• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
chaps80

ECF- CAR vs. BOS

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, chaps80 said:

It's absolutely possible they can pull off another upset. They already knocked off two 100 point+ teams, one being the defending Cup champs. I see quite a few writing off Carolina already, but I really don't see what Boston has that they can't overcome. 

Bergeron

He's been annihilating other teams 1st lines so far in these playoffs.

5 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

It's absolutely possible they can pull off another upset. They already knocked off two 100 point+ teams, one being the defending Cup champs. I see quite a few writing off Carolina already, but I really don't see what Boston has that they can't overcome. 

Momentum

18 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Momentum

I'm not sure any team has more momentum than Carolina right now. 

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Bergeron

He's been annihilating other teams 1st lines so far in these playoffs.

Dudes been crazy good, even by his standards. I wish he and Pasta were on a team I didn't hate :P

44 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Have you watched the Bruins? They may not be a sexy team on paper but they are executing at a very high level. They never turn the puck over. They rarely make mistakes and their attention to detail is amazing.

They absolutely dissected the Jackets. 

I'd also give them the goal tending advantage going into this series. Rask is playing out of his mind. 

(I hope they lose tho)

I wish nothing good for the Bruins and hope they fall apart and become endlessly frustrated. I think it’ll be a tougher series for the Hurricanes than the Isles, but I think they’ll be in better shape with some time for injuries and aches to subside some. It’s going to be interesting to see how it plays out. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Have you watched the Bruins? They may not be a sexy team on paper but they are executing at a very high level. They never turn the puck over. They rarely make mistakes and their attention to detail is amazing.

They absolutely dissected the Jackets. 

I'd also give them the goal tending advantage going into this series. Rask is playing out of his mind. 

(I hope they lose tho)

I've watched most of their two rounds so far. They are playing well, but anything can happen in the playoffs, as we've seen many times.

53 minutes ago, gcom007 said:

The interviewer was kinda a dick to him last year and he didn’t take kindly. I’m guessing it goes back to that. 

Yeah but then he went on to do this in the locker room

So, I know who the dick is...............

On 5/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, chaps80 said:

Reality is though, teams were very close.  Almost every team in the playoffs from the East was a 100pt team.  The worst had 99pts and 98pts respectively.   Carolina had 99pts and won just two fewer games then the Caps and Isles over the course of an 82 game season.

The Athletic (paywall)

Justin Bourne wrote this article a month ago on the eve of the SC Playoffs. Basically about how parity will eff everyone up. And man, did he ever see it coming. Unreal. 

This is the last paragraph from his article. 

I’m making the call. This is the year your random-ass fringe-nibbling team really does have a chance. This feels like the year the bizarre is just waiting to happen. So rejoice! After all, someone has to. And we know it won’t be the league commissioner or the owners in the heat of the summer, when the curtain is raised, the puck is dropped and Carolina and St. Louis finally do battle for Lord Stanley’s Holy Grail.

Edited by The 91 of Ryans