• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Neomaxizoomdweebie

WCF: San Jose Sharks vs. St Louis Blues

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I'd like the Sharks to win to get the draft pick upgrade, but i'd like the Blues to win, and maybe go all the way, just to piss off Leafs fans because they have the same 50 year cup draught. 

Almost worth losing the draft pick to piss off Leafs nation....

4 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

Almost worth losing the draft pick to piss off Leafs nation....

It is. lol

33 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Jamie Baker is more likely in a game 7.

LOL Ouch.

On 5/10/2019 at 9:33 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Too soon.

Haha it was 25 years ago, but man, that one stung. Still kinda does, what a pathetic loss. Osgood coughed that puck up hard, but if Essensa wasn't being Essensa, he wouldn't have had to play. And it led to Vernon coming aboard, so things turned out ok in the end. 

On 5/12/2019 at 5:39 PM, chaps80 said:

Haha it was 25 years ago, but man, that one stung. Still kinda does, what a pathetic loss. Osgood coughed that puck up hard, but if Essensa wasn't being Essensa, he wouldn't have had to play. And it led to Vernon coming aboard, so things turned out ok in the end. 

I think I was 12 years old at the time. I can remember sitting in my living room after the game with tears in my eyes, not wanting to talk to anyone lol. I was so pissed at Osgood, such a bad give away. But you're right, it led to Vernon coming in, which led to '97, which led to '98. So in hindsight, all the dominoes fell as they did which ultimately led to greatness.

2 hours ago, kliq said:

I think I was 12 years old at the time. I can remember sitting in my living room after the game with tears in my eyes, not wanting to talk to anyone lol. I was so pissed at Osgood, such a bad give away. But you're right, it led to Vernon coming in, which led to '97, which led to '98. So in hindsight, all the dominoes fell as they did which ultimately led to greatness.

Wings wouldnt have won in 98 or 08 if not for Ozzie, so its all good.

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yup, and especially in 2008. 25 years later and he's one of my favorite goaltenders of all time. Hopefully he gets into the HHOF, he deserves it.

4 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

2 hours ago, kliq said:

Yup, and especially in 2008. 25 years later and he's one of my favorite goaltenders of all time. Hopefully he gets into the HHOF, he deserves it.

The Wings allowed Osgood quite a bit of time to develop and tried to avoid throwing him into the full time starter's role as much as they could until he was truly ready. They had the ability to do that back then, as there wasn't Cup expectations quite yet. The Cheveldae trade for bobblin' Bob was absolutely pointless, and did nothing to help Osgood out. Vernon was crucial in Osgood's development IMO. Ozzie was at an elite level in the '08 and '09 playoffs, Smythe worthy performances.

Def one of my all time faves as well, got his autographed picture on the wall. If he doesn't get into the HHOF, it would only be because he didn't win a Vezina, which seems to be mandatory criteria to get in as a goaltender. His other achievements and his career numbers should win out over that though, eventually. Had he won a Vezina, he'd already be in. 

Just now, chaps80 said:

The Wings allowed Osgood quite a bit of time to develop and tried to avoid throwing him into the full time starter's role as much as they could until he was truly ready. They had the ability to do that back then, as there wasn't Cup expectations quite yet. The Cheveldae trade for bobblin' Bob was absolutely pointless, and did nothing to help Osgood out. Vernon was crucial in Osgood's development IMO. Ozzie was at an elite level in the '08 and '09 playoffs, Smythe worthy performances.

Def one of my all time faves as well, got his autographed picture on the wall. If he doesn't get into the HHOF, it would only be because he didn't win a Vezina, which seems to be mandatory criteria to get in as a goaltender. His other achievements and his career numbers should win out over that though, eventually. Had he won a Vezina, he'd already be in. 

Agreed. The other thing that annoys me is if Lidstrom scores on Fleury in game 7, then they go to OT and the Wings score before Osgood faces a shot, he likely wins the Conn Smythe and that seals his fate into the HHOF. A scenario where he LITERALLY does nothing differently, but everything would change.

3 minutes ago, kliq said:

Agreed. The other thing that annoys me is if Lidstrom scores on Fleury in game 7, then they go to OT and the Wings score before Osgood faces a shot, he likely wins the Conn Smythe and that seals his fate into the HHOF. A scenario where he LITERALLY does nothing differently, but everything would change.

Yes. He was robbed of that Smythe. And another Cup, IMO. Only allowed 14 goals in 7 games. That series annoys me to this day anytime I see video of the end of Game 7, because it never should have gotten that far. Up 2-0, had to win two of five and couldn't do it. And Game 7 was one of the flattest performances by a home team in the Finals i've ever watched. Was unreal how it all fell apart.

52 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Yes. He was robbed of that Smythe. And another Cup, IMO. Only allowed 14 goals in 7 games. That series annoys me to this day anytime I see video of the end of Game 7, because it never should have gotten that far. Up 2-0, had to win two of five and couldn't do it. And Game 7 was one of the flattest performances by a home team in the Finals i've ever watched. Was unreal how it all fell apart.

I was there in person for game 7, never in my life had I felt so deflated as a sports fan. Having all the annoying penguins fans in my section certainly didn’t help either. Before those 2 finals Pittsburgh was actually my second fav team, I liked them since the early 90’s as that first cup win was the first season I really followed hockey. Hate them now.

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

Babcock's fault. 

7 hours ago, chaps80 said:

The Wings allowed Osgood quite a bit of time to develop and tried to avoid throwing him into the full time starter's role as much as they could until he was truly ready.

Kinda like what they tried to do with Mrazek, but got roasted by all Jimmy hate.

20 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Brad Stuart actually.  H'es like Fredo to me.  

True. He was like Jake Gardiner out there for two goals. 

But it wasn't Stuart's fault that they blew 2-0 and 3-2 series leads and could only win one of the last five games of the series. Babcock got out-couched by a guy that is now Blashill's assistant. Let that sink in. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

True. He was like Jake Gardiner out there for two goals. 

But it wasn't Stuart's fault that they blew 2-0 and 3-2 series leads and could only win one of the last five games of the series. Babcock got out-couched by a guy that is now Blashill's assistant. Let that sink in. 

Brad Stuart's fault