• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Neomaxizoomdweebie

WCF: San Jose Sharks vs. St Louis Blues

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

:lol:

What about blowing a 3 - 1 series lead to the Hawks in 13? 

That was disappointing, but I still can't remember how they got into that situation in the first place.  That was a great Hawks team which took Detroit too lightly.  

13 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Kinda like what they tried to do with Mrazek, but got roasted by all Jimmy hate.

They did give him the full time starting job, he lost it. As Osgood did more than once. And then instead of hanging onto him to work with him more, as they did with Osgood, it was "OMG we owe him $4 million, trade him!" And then Holland signed Bernier for $3 million a year for 3 anyways, so the money excuse didn't really fly with me. They gave up on him too early, but he didn't make the decision too hard on them either. His first contract negotiations with Holland didn't go as smooth as Holland thought they would. Seems like there was still bad blood there, and when he acted entitled, slacked off, and wouldn't take coaching advice, his fate was sealed.

Goaltending had never been an easy job in Detroit during The Streak, still isn't. People jumped on every goalie down the line for many reasons. Chevy (sucked), Bob (sucked), Ozzie (inconsistency and back breaking playoff goals in his first stint), Cujo (unwarranted hate IMO, he was great), Legace (for s***ting the bed in '06 playoffs), Hasek during his second stint (bad goals and falling apart in '08), Howard (inconsistent), Conklin during his second stint (sucked), Gustavsson (made of glass) and Mrazek (inconsistent, attitude problem). No Detroit goalie has been universally loved by fans..Vernon might be the exception but i'm sure some hate him for no reason at all. Ozzie even still has haters to this day, despite what he did in '08-'09.  

5 hours ago, GMRwings1983 said:

That was disappointing, but I still can't remember how they got into that situation in the first place.  That was a great Hawks team which took Detroit too lightly.  

They JUST beat Anaheim in 7 with a late 3rd period goal. Think it was Draper that scored. Lost the first game to Chicago, took the next three. Then dropped the rest, lost in OT in Game 7 2-1. Put a good scare in them either way, but it would have been nice to win 1 of 3. FFS. haha

29 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

How much money are the Sharks paying the NHL refs to help them throughout the entire playoffs?  That's three times now in key moments.  Two game 7's and an OT goal in game three.

True. But they missed an obvious DOG penalty for puck over glass earlier in the game on St Louis. Then the Blues went on a rampage and scored twice. 

The second biggest goal for the Sharks in these playoffs so far was Hertl's OT winner in Round 1. The Sharks were on the PK. No advantage on that one. 

Ultimately, for me, the question is: why has the officiating been so bad in these playoffs, in general? 

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

True. But they missed an obvious DOG penalty for puck over glass earlier in the game on St Louis. Then the Blues went on a rampage and scored twice. 

The second biggest goal for the Sharks in these playoffs so far was Hertl's OT winner in Round 1. The Sharks were on the PK. No advantage on that one. 

Ultimately, for me, the question is: why has the officiating been so bad in these playoffs, in general? 

I will give you the over the glass miss but a guy in the slot on his knees hitting the puck with his hand in OT and all FOUR miss it? Minimally it should have been reviewable wonder if this upsets St Louis' applecart as they were beyond pissed....and now have to shake it off

9 hours ago, Hockeymom1960 said:

GO BLUES!!!

We're 2 Sharks wins away from that 2020 3rd round pick turning into a 2nd round pick. That could be a significant piece to this rebuild. I'm not sure why any Red Wings fan would be cheering for the Blues...

GO SHARKS!!!

I'm thinking this one is over. Blues are one win away from their first Conference title in team history. Back when they made the Finals three straight years from '67-'68 to '69-'70 and were swept in all three, the format was screwed up with the Original 6 in one division and all the '67 expansion franchises in another. Can't even really count those, as the Blues had no chance of winning against Montreal and Boston. 

On 5/18/2019 at 7:35 AM, krsmith17 said:

We're 2 Sharks wins away from that 2020 3rd round pick turning into a 2nd round pick. That could be a significant piece to this rebuild. I'm not sure why any Red Wings fan would be cheering for the Blues...

GO SHARKS!!!

We'll still get it if they re-sign Goose. Go Blues.

6 hours ago, BobL said:

Much rather see the Blues w/ the cup than either of the other teams... though I want that 2nd and Nyquist back.  Weird situation to find myself kinda rooting for the Sharks this year.

Yeah, pretty much how I feel as well. Of all the teams left, I'd like to see St. Louis win the Cup, then San Jose. F*** Boston... I want that 2nd round pick over anything else though.

46 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Thornton, and Burns beards are getting old...Burns' millennial hair style (the c*ck growing outta the back of his head) needs to go as well...That alone should drive any reasonable neutral fan into the Blues fan base.

Oof fam, you got me shook. Why you low-key big mad? Burnsie's pony tail is straight drippin'. Deadass. Facts YEE YEE. Just take the L my boiiii

2 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Thornton, and Burns beards are getting old...Burns' millennial hair style (the c*ck growing outta the back of his head) needs to go as well...That alone should drive any reasonable neutral fan into the Blues fan base.

You forgot to mention Karlsson's uncouth appearance.  

Edited by GMRwings1983