• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ChristopherReevesLegs

Svechnikov

Rate this topic

What are our expectations for this player at this point?

He's accrued 16 NHL games over 2 seasons with 4 pts in those games.

He's played basically two full AHL seasons with 74 pts scored in 131 total AHL games.

He missed the entire season last year due to injury.

He will be turning 23 around the start of the season, and similar 1st round players in later drafts already seem to have passed him in relevance on the roster. I'm talking Cholowski, Rasmussen, and Zadina.

Is this his big season? What if he shows little to no now growth this season? Would you package him to a team like Carolina for a Dman? Does he even have decent trade value right now?

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

He's cost controlled, and nobody knows what he's going to turn out to be.  Might as well hang on to him and see what you've got.  Given his limited NHL time and injuries you wouldn't get s*** for him in a trade anyway.

True. He's RFA after this coming season. If he doesn't play better than he already has though, I'd be sort of lost on what to do with him. Just re-sign for cheap and keep on hoping?

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

True. He's RFA after this coming season. If he doesn't play better than he already has though, I'd be sort of lost on what to do with him. Just re-sign for cheap and keep on hoping?

I would. 

I'm honestly not sure what to expect from him this upcoming season considering he just missed the entire year. Could be an adjustment coming back so I'd like to see what he does at least the next couple of seasons. 

Definitely one of our more intriguing players for me. I feel like he could be terrible, but I also feel like he could be awesome.

Edit: Out of curiosity, how do we feel about his injury/surgery? Apparently he had ACL reconstruction done. I've no idea about any of that but it sounds serious as s***. Is this an injury where we should worry about future complications?

Edited by Wheelchairsuperhero

I thought his ceiling after being drafted was probably a 2nd line winger. At this point, I'd say his ceiling is a 3rd line winger. It all just depends on how that injury affects him. I would trade him in a package, but I agree with kip, that there likely wouldn't be much, if any interest in him at this point. We're better off playing him this season and see what we have in him. I'm still hopeful he can be a player.

I didn't think much of him before the surgery.  But I have a hard time judging players that only het 10 minutes a night with Drew Miller and Darren Helm.  Abdelkader-Helm-Svechnikov = we are going to whip him like no other.  Zadina-Athanasiou-Svechnikov = we will like him.  Rasmussen-Veleno-Svechnikov = roller coaster.  Svechnikov-Larkin-Bertuzzi = Blashill gets trashed.

11 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Edit: Out of curiosity, how do we feel about his injury/surgery? Apparently he had ACL reconstruction done. I've no idea about any of that but it sounds serious as s***. Is this an injury where we should worry about future complications?

Yes. Kronwall had an ACL and MCL repair. Stevie's injury was a little different. He had meniscal tears. But knee injuries, in general, are bad news. 

I don't expect a whole lot at this point.  Major knee injuries can be career killers.  Hopefully he can start the season strong in GR and show enough to get a mid or late season call up.  If he doesn't, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Europe rather than play another year in GR for 20-21.