• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Dabura

6/21 Choose Your Fighter GDT - 2019 NHL Entry Draft 1st Round - 8:00 PM EST

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Dekeyser just may wind up being #7 on this team soon!

I actually wouldnt mind resigning Dekeyser to 5 years 25 mil again and having him play 2B.  

Hronek- Cholowski

Seider-DeKeyser

Lindstrom-McIaaac

Sulak-Bowey

Something like that would be a good base to keep improving.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I actually wouldnt mind resigning Dekeyser to 5 years 25 mil again and having him play 2B.  

Hronek- Cholowski

Seider-DeKeyser

Lindstrom-McIaaac

Sulak-Bowey

Sulak is gone to Europe.

20 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I genuinely wonder how Oil fans are feeling about Broberg. Taken high as well.

Hayton actually did really well this year

About the same we do with Seider. At least from what I've been reading in general.

4 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Hronek- Cholowski

Seider-DeKeyser

Lindstrom-McIaaac

Sulak-Bowey

Seider better not end up below Hronek and Cholowski in the depth chart.

On 6/22/2019 at 2:53 AM, BringBack19 said:

Definitely like Seider but unless we were worried that Kenny was going to take him why not at least get a 2nd for moving back...

VAN was unwilling to give up a 2nd. There was some talk swapping 6 --> 10, between Benning and Holland. Holland requested a 2nd round pick.

2 hours ago, wolfgang durst said:

VAN was unwilling to give up a 2nd. There was some talk swapping 6 --> 10, between Benning and Holland. Holland requested a 2nd round pick.

Makes sense and if that’s the case it is a good move to just make the pick. You don’t want to set a precedent that you will take a low offer because that’s what is on the table. In the future all you get is low offers. 

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

after watching this, I get the feeling Yzerman will not be seeking any defense via trade or UFA in the next couple of years.  I have a feeling that he feels he has his top 4 core for the future in Cholowski, Hronek, McIsaac and now Seider.

Could be.

Personally, I'm starting to get the impression he's really not thrilled with our organizational depth chart. I think every time someone asks him how long the road ahead is and he says very long, he's being brutually honest.

I'm pleased with the Seider pick. Came kinda out of left field, but Yzerman took him in the top 10 for a reason. He's already 6'2-3, over 200lbs, skilled, trains like mad. We needed D, we got some. Biggest surprised was a goalie, Knight going 13th. They're usually avoided that high up unless it's a Price/Fleury, but Florida needed goaltending. Then they signed Bobrovsky to a massive long term deal, so i guess this kid will get all the time he needs to develop. 

15 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

I'm pleased with the Seider pick. Came kinda out of left field, but Yzerman took him in the top 10 for a reason. He's already 6'2-3, over 200lbs, skilled, trains like mad. We needed D, we got some. Biggest surprised was a goalie, Knight going 13th. They're usually avoided that high up unless it's a Price/Fleury, but Florida needed goaltending. Then they signed Bobrovsky to a massive long term deal, so i guess this kid will get all the time he needs to develop. 

In a few years Bobrovsky will start to decline and become 'average'. While still a good goalie this will make his contract look horrible. Also at this point in time Knight will emerge as one of the most dominant young goalies in the league. Vancouver fans will cry and beg for Knight to be the starter, but the young rook will humbly play a backup role with stellar numbers. After a few seasons of this the media and fans will go nuts demanding the Nucks find a way to trade Bobrovsky's contract. But it will be too difficult and instead they will trade Knight. After a few more seasons with Bob in net, they will realize, actually it's not that difficult, and trade him as well back to his original home in Philly. At this point the window to a win cup will be all but closed for the Barkov/Huberdeau twins. Like Luongos contract, the curse has seemingly no end in sight, and Florida will reap what they sowed.

Sucks to suck

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

In a few years Bobrovsky will start to decline and become 'average'. While still a good goalie this will make his contract look horrible. Also at this point in time Knight will emerge as one of the most dominant young goalies in the league. Vancouver fans will cry and beg for Knight to be the starter, but the young rook will humbly play a backup role with stellar numbers. After a few seasons of this the media and fans will go nuts demanding the Nucks find a way to trade Bobrovsky's contract. But it will be too difficult and instead they will trade Knight. After a few more seasons with Bob in net, they will realize, actually it's not that difficult, and trade him as well back to his original home in Philly. At this point the window to a win cup will be all but closed for the Barkov/Huberdeau twins. Like Luongos contract, the curse has seemingly no end in sight, and Florida will reap what they sowed.

Sucks to suck

Yeah man, 7 years at 10 million per is pretty insane. Signed till age 36. I don't think he'll ever win a Cup down there either. But he obv went for the huge payday over winning..i'm sure he could have joined a contender for less money. Knight is a great prospect, but all goalies are a toss up when drafted..there's rarely sure bets. But if he does play stellar behind Bob, they'll be forced to trade him when he starts demanding his worth. No way they can afford to have a $4 million or so backup in Florida with Bob making $10 million.

I remember 1996 when Vanbiesbrouck took Florida to the Finals. They got swept by the Avs, but they had only been in the league for like three years, Beezer was an expansion grab. He played out of his mind there, always liked that dude.

On 7/5/2019 at 4:18 PM, chaps80 said:

Yeah man, 7 years at 10 million per is pretty insane. Signed till age 36. I don't think he'll ever win a Cup down there either. But he obv went for the huge payday over winning..i'm sure he could have joined a contender for less money. Knight is a great prospect, but all goalies are a toss up when drafted..there's rarely sure bets. But if he does play stellar behind Bob, they'll be forced to trade him when he starts demanding his worth. No way they can afford to have a $4 million or so backup in Florida with Bob making $10 million.

I remember 1996 when Vanbiesbrouck took Florida to the Finals. They got swept by the Avs, but they had only been in the league for like three years, Beezer was an expansion grab. He played out of his mind there, always liked that dude.

There's a part of me that is devilishly inclined to the strategy of not spending any big money at G. Getting another very good roster player or two, and then just wildcardin' the goalies every year.  Like in our case (pretend we're a playoff team) free up around $7 million in losing Howard and Bernier and then just throw the job at Pickard/Larsson and two other cheap Mrazek-type goalies, cheap goalies who could possibly have a random huge year for you basically. You hope one is a Binnington or Hamburgler, etc.

Obviously this is super dumb and when your next #1 emerges you should probably try paying the guy long term, but still, the thought of it is always intriguing to me. I guess it's fun to think about because with one single cheap contract you could basically strike gold and completely paradigm shift your team. This is probably a gambling fallacy. But god if you could pull it off.