• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jonas Mahonas

Zadina Says It

Rate this topic

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/1605867001

Im a little surprised he said it, but Ive always agreed with it.  Keeping a high level prospect down in the minors with low level linemates doesnt help them.  It hurts them.  You draft a thoroughbred, you give it the good food.  Simple as that.  Veleno and Svech need to be his linemates if they keep him in GR.

38 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/1605867001

Im a little surprised he said it, but Ive always agreed with it.  Keeping a high level prospect down in the minors with low level linemates doesnt help them.  It hurts them.  You draft a thoroughbred, you give it the good food.  Simple as that.  Veleno and Svech need to be his linemates if they keep him in GR.

Svech has to pass through waivers to be sent to GR. I think a GM would grab him up if they got a chance.  He's gonna have to have a stellar camp to be more than our 13th/14th guy, but would Yzerman waive him outright? Well I guess if others totally out play him, I guess it is a possibility.

2 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Svech has to pass through waivers to be sent to GR. I think a GM would grab him up if they got a chance.  He's gonna have to have a stellar camp to be more than our 13th/14th guy, but would Yzerman waive him outright? Well I guess if others totally out play him, I guess it is a possibility.

Actually he does not. He missed enough time this year that he will be waiver exempt to start the season.

Zadina is a passenger lol fkin casual

15 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Actually he does not. He missed enough time this year that he will be waiver exempt to start the season.

Yes.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

No.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

not according to capfriendly.com

Rasmussen Waiver Expempt, Svechnikov not. Notice no green arrow by Svech.

image.png.644b23f45ae813dba1ab1044a6a7964d.png

2 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

No he doesn’t. Capfriendly May say that, but he has an exception to start the year because he missed all of last season 

11 minutes ago, kliq said:

No he doesn’t. Capfriendly May say that, but he has an exception to start the year because he missed all of last season 

Well, it isn't all about games played. He's been under contract for 4 seasons.  I hope its wrong, and he doesn't have to pass through them, but capfriendly is usually pretty accurate.

3 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

46 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

not according to capfriendly.com

Rasmussen Waiver Expempt, Svechnikov not. Notice no green arrow by Svech.

image.png.644b23f45ae813dba1ab1044a6a7964d.png

44 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Confirmed, he'll need to pass through waivers, he's been under contract for 4 professional season's.

image.thumb.png.971834787897223fe762190023c96dcf.png

31 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

Well, it isn't all about games played. He's been under contract for 4 seasons.  I hope its wrong, and he doesn't have to pass through them, but capfriendly is usually pretty accurate.

Svechnikov is waiver eligible. It's been reported multiple times by reputable sources. Not just Helene. Because he was injured an entire season, and did not play a single game, his waiver eligibility gets pushed back a year.

Unless he steals a spot out of camp, I would expect him to start in Grand Rapids, and that is likely the best thing for him right now, until he gets back up to speed. I'm still hopeful that he can become a player for us. Losing out an entire season definitely hurt his development, but I still think he could be a solid middle six winger.

7 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Alright, so can we get back to the original debate point?  Im good with Zadina in GR so long as hes playing with good linemates.  Telling him to rip up the AHL with Peumpel and Smith is just stupid.

3 wingers on one line? 

Also, PUempel had 50 (24/26) points last year. You think Veleno will hit that as a rookie? 

10 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

3 wingers on one line? 

Also, PUempel had 50 (24/26) points last year. You think Veleno will hit that as a rookie? 

I dont have any beefs with Pueumple.  I just want Zadina to play with Red Wings players.  Current or future.  Yah?

19 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Alright, so can we get back to the original debate point?  Im good with Zadina in GR so long as hes playing with good linemates.  Telling him to rip up the AHL with Peumpel and Smith is just stupid.

"The American League is too hard, I wanna play for the Red Wings so I can coast off my teammates :baby:"

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

HSJ? Really?  I'll trust the professionals who know the CBA back and forth, up and down. I guess when the time comes, we will see.

CapFriendly dudes are website content managers not CBA professionals.

27 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Alright, so can we get back to the original debate point?  Im good with Zadina in GR so long as hes playing with good linemates.  Telling him to rip up the AHL with Puempel and Smith is just stupid.

I don't have an issue with this but...

6 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

"The American League is too hard, I wanna play for the Red Wings so I can coast off my teammates :baby:"

...this also works.  Let him start with the club. Test his mettle. Sink or swim, buddy.

8 minutes ago, e_prime said:

CapFriendly dudes are website content managers not CBA professionals.

I don't have an issue with this but...

...this also works.  Let him start with the club. Test his mettle. Sink or swim, buddy.

Watch him refuse to report to the AHL and get Yzermaned to Montreal in exchange for Tatar :blind: (come home big tuna)

A few months ago I raised the possibility that he's one of those rare prospects who's better suited for the NHL. The AHL is mucky (clutching and grabbing and mobbing) and he's playing with career AHLers who don't necessarily process the game the way he does.

I don't know that I actually believe it's the case with Zadina, I'm just saying it's a thing with some prospects and it could be the case with Zadina. In any case, him saying he's more comfortable in the NHL isn't going to help his cause. Yzerman will say the same thing Holland would say: Put your money where your mouth is. Have an incredible training camp. Force the issue with your play.

Did I miss something? Nothing in that article made it sound like Zadina didn't like specific linemates.. Just sounds like he wants to be on the wings. Which is expected. He should want to. This training camp/preseason will show if he's ready and he sounds like he knows it. The whole article just sounded par for the course for any top procpect imo. 

44 minutes ago, amato said:

Did I miss something? Nothing in that article made it sound like Zadina didn't like specific linemates.. Just sounds like he wants to be on the wings. Which is expected. He should want to. This training camp/preseason will show if he's ready and he sounds like he knows it. The whole article just sounded par for the course for any top procpect imo. 

It sounded like he was blaming his AHL teammates for his own lack of production this past season.