• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

Agreed with the general assessment of Zadina. His work in the cycle and defensive positioning are exactly what needs refining. Where I might disagree is that he will or should make the team out of camp. But I'd be very happy to be wrong about that.

Also agreed with Hronek. Kid is really smart, and I think his steady calmness with the puck and determination to make the correct play go overlooked a bit. He makes a lot of minor things look easy.

I haven't watched much Veleno to be honest. But it does seem like he's worked on his goal scoring ability based on his stats like the article says.

I will continue to preach the good word of McIsaac. This kid is very good. Deserving of 1st round pick attention good IMO. Smart, fast, strong, skilled. It's hard for me to find faults. He's darkhorse one of our best prospects I think.

Most of the other prospects I haven't watched enough of to commen,t or I'd just be repeating what was already said.

Solid article. Ben Kerr seems to know his stuff.

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

#13 looks good on him

He'll never wear that number in Detroit...

3 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Is he good?  Havent heard about him.

Very skilled, but also very undersized... 5'8", 150lbs. soakin wet...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

He'll never wear that number in Detroit...

6 Signs You Have a Good Sense of Humor

3 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Very skilled, but also very undersized... 5'8", 150lbs. soakin wet...

But he gained 14 pounds since his draft. So he can get bigger.

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ideally I think he needs like 20 more lbs if he's gonna make it. How hard could that be?

He gained 14 in a year and according to Horcoff the Wings are very satisfied with his current training program in Finland. 20 seems doable to me. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He gained 14 in a year and according to Horcoff the Wings are very satisfied with his current training program in Finland. 20 seems doable to me. 

And MSL and Marchessault didn't even really make the league till they were like 24. We got some time with this kid.

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Never implied that he couldn't. Of course he can gain weight in the next few years. He's still very undersized right now though...

He needs to gain 45 lbs.  Thats a grip load.

I find that aeticle funny that said zadina needed to put on weight.  Hes 195 lbs right now as a 19 year old.  Rock solid.  He looked way more physically fit than the others at camp recently.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, Jonas Mahonas said:

Zadina had 38 pts in 68 games last year.  I dont think we hae had a guy in our system do better as an 18-19 year old since Yzerman.

Well, Larkin. In 2015/16 he had 45 points in 80 games in the NHL at 19 years old.

Side note, when I looked up his stats I saw its his 23rd birthday today.

9 hours ago, kliq said:

Well, Larkin. In 2015/16 he had 45 points in 80 games in the NHL at 19 years old.

Side note, when I looked up his stats I saw its his 23rd birthday today.

Larkin is a beast.  No denying that.  Im just trying to say that Zadina's 18-19 year old season was pretty damn good.  Nyquist and Tatar were 23-24 years old before they got to where Zadina is now.  We should be excited.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Larkin is a beast.  No denying that.  Im just trying to say that Zadina's 18-19 year old season was pretty damn good.  Nyquist and Tatar were 23-24 years old before they got to where Zadina is now.  We should be excited.

100% agreed!

2 hours ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

At 23/24 Zadina will be playing in Europe/KHL.

6 minutes ago, mackel said:

At 23/24 Zadina will be playing in Europe/KHL.

You're only hoping so because you want to bash America with him next time you're in Europe!

*the tone of this post is jovial, not mean spirited!*