• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So... in other words, it's not at all accurate? That was my point... Players are often compared to other players based on play style, not so much floor / ceiling. Button thinks Seider plays similarly to Carlo. From the little I've seen of Seider so far, I disagree. Button also thought Larkin played similarly to Helm, it didn't take me very long to disagree with that take either...

Ya I know it’s mannheim and the German league but I haven’t seen Carlo jump into the rush and score the type of goals and plays I’ve seen seider capable of doing , I’d say he’s got much more upside than Carlo hands down 

I dont take every word button and others say as golden at the end of the day they’re all guessing just like All of us , only difference is they get paid for it and we don’t but how many “paid” scouts do we see get fired for not hitting on the picks? It’s fun to compare prospects to nhl players but that’s just it . Fun. 

15 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Thats KRS after duking it out with Kipwinger!

Kip is like the smartest guy on here, and he served in the military so i love him.
But then he votes democrat and works for the feds in DC so I hate him.

KRS knows more about prospects than anyone on here, and likes a lot of my posts, so I love him.
But then he votes for Trudeau and is Canadian so I hate him.

Both of them need to get their s*** together IMO

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Kip is like the smartest guy on here, and he served in the military so i love him.

KRS knows more about prospects than anyone on here, and likes a lot of my posts, so I love him.

I concur.

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

FWIW, I don't vote at all and have never belonged to a political party. 

Edited by kipwinger

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I wouldn't go that far. I used to watch a lot more hockey. I don't have as much free time these days... I used to watch a lot of CHL games (mostly with Wings prospects), 50-60 Griffins games a season, and every Wings game. Now I barely watch anything outside of Wings games (still don't miss a single game), and maybe 10-20 Griffins games, and nothing noteworthy outside of that...

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I never voted Trudeau. You hate Canadians? :eh:

28 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Me neither.

I know as much about politics as Jonas knows about hockey...

14 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I wouldn't go that far. I used to watch a lot more hockey. I don't have as much free time these days... I used to watch a lot of CHL games (mostly with Wings prospects), 50-60 Griffins games a season, and every Wings game. Now I barely watch anything outside of Wings games (still don't miss a single game), and maybe 10-20 Griffins games, and nothing noteworthy outside of that...

Me neither.

I know as much about politics as Jonas knows about hockey...

Image result for congrats you've won gif

On 8/15/2019 at 5:05 AM, kipwinger said:

How did you survive P Diddy's Vote or Die campaign?

On 8/15/2019 at 5:35 AM, krsmith17 said:

They're not Americans are they?

I read an article which said Seider wants to get acclimatised and work out and train with Red wings players, so my guess is that he starts training on monday. does anyone here have some sort of insider who knows where and with whom he´s training?

14 minutes ago, ely s said:

I read an article which said Seider wants to get acclimatised and work out and train with Red wings players, so my guess is that he starts training on monday. does anyone here have some sort of insider who knows where and with whom he´s training?

He is set to begin workouts with Hronek and Zadina tomorrow.

One of the reasons I'm excited about Seider is I read the scouting reports and liked him, watched the footage I could find and liked him, then Yzerman drafted him high which felt extremely validating, but then, and this is this important part, I watched his interviews. The kid is gregarious and has a strong character. He was very comfortable in the spotlight despite feigning that he was nervous. The most I've seen of this from an 18 year old foreign born player maybe ever. That was the cherry on the top. Kids gonna kill. Hope he starts this year.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

One of the reasons I'm excited about Seider is I read the scouting reports and liked him, watched the footage I could find and liked him, then Yzerman drafted him high which felt extremely validating, but then, and this is this important part, I watched his interviews. The kid is gregarious and has a strong character. He was very comfortable in the spotlight despite feigning that he was nervous. The most I've seen of this from an 18 year old foreign born player maybe ever. That was the cherry on the top. Kids gonna kill. Hope he starts this year.

Character above talent, that is the philosophy the coach and the GM of Adler Mannheim have and they really like him. Seider had won Yzerman over during his draft interview with him. it took more than 40 minutes which was more than double the average time of his interviews with the other teams. I´m not sure, but I believe Yzerman would have picked Seider even if Byram would have been available. He has a real strong character, will and a lot of confidence not bigheaded and very humble.  

Yesterday I read in his hometown paper that he has the mindset to make detroit, so fingers crossed. I haven´t found it yet, but probably someone here can get the footage of the GER-USA game in Mannheim before the WC. There you can see how he does against NHL competition and make up your mind.

1 hour ago, ely s said:

Character above talent, that is the philosophy the coach and the GM of Adler Mannheim have and they really like him. Seider had won Yzerman over during his draft interview with him. it took more than 40 minutes which was more than double the average time of his interviews with the other teams. I´m not sure, but I believe Yzerman would have picked Seider even if Byram would have been available. He has a real strong character, will and a lot of confidence not bigheaded and very humble.  

Yesterday I read in his hometown paper that he has the mindset to make detroit, so fingers crossed. I haven´t found it yet, but probably someone here can get the footage of the GER-USA game in Mannheim before the WC. There you can see how he does against NHL competition and make up your mind.

This is one thing I'll never agree with. Character is important, but never over talent.

Fortunately, I believe Seider has the talent / skill to go along with the character / work ethic.

15 hours ago, ely s said:

Hopefully not with Uwe Krupp, and his dogs...

11 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Hopefully not with Uwe Krupp, and his dogs...

Uwe Krupp isn´t even liked in Germany...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

This is one thing I'll never agree with. Character is important, but never over talent.

Fortunately, I believe Seider has the talent / skill to go along with the character / work ethic.

What do you need the talentest player for if he only shows up every other game. I would then prefer a guy who is less talented but gives his all every shift and Mannheim wants team first players

1 hour ago, ely s said:

Uwe Krupp isn´t even liked in Germany...

What do you need the talentest player for if he only shows up every other game. I would then prefer a guy who is less talented but gives his all every shift and Mannheim wants team first players

You need a mix.  Cant have too many Brett Hulls.  Cant have too few disney.coms.