• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Pronman Ranks the U23 Cores

(Paywall)

According to COREy, the Wings have the 9th best U23 core in the league. Here's the top 10:

1. Edmonton

2. Buffalo

3. Toronto

4. Vancouver

5. Colorado

6. Winnepeg

7. Philly

8. Carolina

9. Detroit

10. Boston

Seems fair to me. 

Maybe it's only because I'm in Canuck land, but I swear Vancouver fans have become insufferable now that they have Pettersson. Edmonton fans seem to at least remember past pain and aren't overly cocky about having McDavid. Vancouver turned it up to Toronto level D-bagness the second they got a decent star player. Hope they crash and burn and that city implodes with rioting and the Chinese government has to step in and honk kong them back to reality.

Need a snickers

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Maybe it's only because I'm in Canuck land, but I swear Vancouver fans have become insufferable now that they have Pettersson. Edmonton fans seem to at least remember past pain and aren't overly cocky about having McDavid. Vancouver turned it up to Toronto level D-bagness the second they got a decent star player. Hope they crash and burn and that city implodes with rioting and the Chinese government has to step in and honk kong them back to reality.

Need a snickers

Just as they were starting to become halfway tolerable they revert back to their famously insufferable dooshy selves. Can't say it surprises me. Dooshes gonna doosh.

7 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Pronman Ranks the U23 Cores

(Paywall)

According to COREy, the Wings have the 9th best U23 core in the league. Here's the top 10:

1. Edmonton

2. Buffalo

3. Toronto

4. Vancouver

5. Colorado

6. Winnepeg

7. Philly

8. Carolina

9. Detroit

10. Boston

Seems fair to me.

Wait, what even is our U23 core? Are we talking, like, Hronek + our top prospects?

5 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Need a snickers

Petterson, Boeser, Hughes, and now Podholzin. I actually like their core more than ours.

I give VAN the edge right now because of their 1-2 punch at center and because Hughes could be a gamebreaker. But I don't know that that edge is going to hold for very long, what with Hronek coming into his own and Veleno impressing and Seider pushing for a roster spot as an 18-year-old defenseman and the 2020 draft class being so deep.

Would be wild if Yzerman pulled a Burke and found a way to draft both Lucas Raymond and Alex Holtz.

https://dobberprospects.com/prospect-ramblings-preseason-overreactions-edition/

Joe Veleno and Moritz Seider

The two Detroit rookies, along with Filip Zadina to a lesser extent, have been all the rave in Detroit. They both got the hype train started earlier this month in Traverse City at the Prospect Tournament, helping lead the Red Wings contingent to first place at the event. Moritz Seider was a surprise selection at this past draft but he’s done everything in his power to make Red Wings GM Steve Yzerman look like the smartest man in the room. Seider has impressed every time he’s touched the ice and his preseason debut was no different. Strong defensively and flashing offensive puck skills, Seider looks to be a future stud on the blueline in Detroit. Seider is a long-shot to make the Wings roster out of camp but he’s pushing to grab a spot on the Grand Rapids Griffins blue line after initially expecting to play in Europe for another year.

Joe Veleno is the real deal. the 30th overall pick in 2018 is doing everything in his power to stick in Detroit and arguing against it is beginning to get difficult. His skating and offensive game are NHL ready. He thinks the game at a high-level, making the right play the majority of the time. He has shown that he is faster and stronger than a year ago and his defensive game has improved leaps and bounds. Veleno has shown more dynamic ability with the puck and doesn’t shy away from driving the net. Veleno has a real shot at forcing the Red Wings front office’s hand and cracking the opening night lineup. While it’s still unlikely, he moving that needle closer to 50/50.

Edited by Dabura

9 hours ago, Dabura said:

https://dobberprospects.com/prospect-ramblings-preseason-overreactions-edition/

Seider is a long-shot to make the Wings roster out of camp but he’s pushing to grab a spot on the Grand Rapids Griffins blue line 

What dumb s*** wrote this article. Sides is making the team.

8 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

What dumb s*** wrote this article. Sides is making the team.

Yzerman is thinking longterm and knows how important the 2020 draft is regardless what he says about opportunities were also stuck with s***ty contracts 

veleno,seider,zadina will all  start down and likely see some games later in the year 

1 hour ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Yzerman is thinking longterm and knows how important the 2020 draft is regardless what he says about opportunities were also stuck with s***ty contracts 

veleno,seider,zadina will all  start down and likely see some games later in the year 

sorry, but to me in the 2020 draft is only one semi important pick and that´s the first one. I can´t see SY waiting for another year for the turnaround. We wont pick in the top 5, I´m not even sure we pick in the top ten. He will try to gather more picks at the TDL, but only to upgrade the roster, not for even more prospects, but for trade purposes from draft day to the beginning of free agency! The pipeline is filled and our 2020 draft picks won´t be on the roster before 2022/23. Not a single person in Detroit is prepared to loose that long and definitely not SY. I agree that #11,53 and 90 will and should play in Grand Rapids at the start of the season, but we will see them rather sooner than later in Detroit.

34 minutes ago, ely s said:

sorry, but to me in the 2020 draft is only one semi important pick and that´s the first one. I can´t see SY waiting for another year for the turnaround. We wont pick in the top 5, I´m not even sure we pick in the top ten. He will try to gather more picks at the TDL, but only to upgrade the roster, not for even more prospects, but for trade purposes from draft day to the beginning of free agency! The pipeline is filled and our 2020 draft picks won´t be on the roster before 2022/23. Not a single person in Detroit is prepared to loose that long and definitely not SY. I agree that #11,53 and 90 will and should play in Grand Rapids at the start of the season, but we will see them rather sooner than later in Detroit.

We still need elite talent. This is shaping up to be one of the deepest drafts we've seen in years, maybe ever... I'd bet anything we draft in the top 10, and likely even top 5 in next year's draft.

Yzerman is going to want to turn things around fairly quickly, but it's not going to happen over night (in one season)...

6 hours ago, ely s said:

Ya your wrong about that one , normally I’d want the #1 pick at all costs and I’d still want it so we can control who we take but next year there’s lafraniere/byfield/Raymond/holtz available in the top 4 as well as the Russian goalie,lundell,perfetti .... there’s a ton of franchise elite guys in the top end of the draft this year so I’d be happy with a top 3/4 selection if it came to that 

you don’t think yzerman will wait a year for the turn around? He preached patience , sorry but I think your wrong what are we realistically gonna turn around this year? Thinking longterm bertuzzi AA mantha Larkin and hronek Are the only likely players to be around longterm with the wings looking into the future and someone like AA I think Will eventually become expendable if we do end up with a 2020 top pick and guys like veleno,zadina,berggren etc ... pan out , just not enough spots on the top 6 

i think when things start to turn around will be next season when veleno,zadina,seider,cholowski will be on the roster full time and possibly guys like Pearson,smith .... yzerman needs to shed all that deadweight we have 

the 2020 pick if we’re top 3/4 will likely be ready 21-22 , possibly 2020-2021 depending who it is

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

We still need elite talent. This is shaping up to be one of the deepest drafts we've seen in years, maybe ever... I'd bet anything we draft in the top 10, and likely even top 5 in next year's draft.

Yzerman is going to want to turn things around fairly quickly, but it's not going to happen over night (in one season)...

We NEED to get in the top 5 

22 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

We NEED to get in the top 5 

I'm of two minds hands on this. On the one mind hand, the thought of picking in the top 5 in a crazy-deep draft is tantalizing as f***. On the other hand, a crazy-deep draft class means you could be getting a droolworthy marquee guy as late as, say, 12th overall, because there's just that much talent at the top.

So, for me personally, I'm jonesing for a top-3 pick but I'm also at peace with the very real possibility that we don't even place in the top 5. I figure this draft is going to produce a number of diamond-in-the-rough home runs like Larkin, Barzal, Chabot.

8 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm of two minds hands on this. On the one mind hand, the thought of picking in the top 5 in a crazy-deep draft is tantalizing as f***. On the other hand, a crazy-deep draft class means you could be getting a droolworthy marquee guy as late as, say, 12th overall, because there's just that much talent at the top.

So, for me personally, I'm jonesing for a top-3 pick but I'm also at peace with the very real possibility that we don't even place in the top 5. I figure this draft is going to produce a number of diamond-in-the-rough home runs like Larkin, Barzal, Chabot.

Yzerman's just gonna take the #26 guy with that top 5 pick anyway

Sportsnet is rumoring that Jake Virtanen is going to be moved by Vancouver for another "change of scenery" player.  I'm assuming that all of you who were in favor of trading for Jesse Puljujarvi are chomping at the bit for this guy right?

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Sportsnet is rumoring that Jake Virtanen is going to be moved by Vancouver for another "change of scenery" player.  I'm assuming that all of you who were in favor of trading for Jesse Puljujarvi are chomping at the bit for this guy right?

Absolutely. You wouldn't?

34 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Does Darren Helm count as a "change of scenery" player? Asking for a friend.