• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, I hear ya, and I know you're not as high on Veleno as myself, but I do think he's more than capable of handling it. Having a veteran winger (Terry / Puempel) on each of the top two lines, I think is important though, to shoulder some of the load offensively and defensively.

It may be another slow start for the Griffins again this season, but once they start geling, I expect them to be one of the top teams in the league...

I just worry they have too many young (albeit very talented) players. Last year I thought they had too many veterans. We shall see.

6 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I just worry they have too many young (albeit very talented) players. Last year I thought they had too many veterans. We shall see.

Nah, I don't think so. 2-3 up front, 2-3 on the back end, and 1 in goal. That's enough veterans in my opinion. But yeah, we'll see how it plays out. Regardless, they should be a "fun" team to watch...

4 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

I was asking abut line combos, sock boy.

Ah, I guess writing isn't your strong suit then eh? Guess we should all know what you meant to say and ignore what you actually said. Maybe just type "line combinations" next time instead of "roster"? Just a suggestion to help you not seem stupid as a rock.

lol So whose "sock" do you think I am...junior? Maybe one of the reasons there aren't a lot of people on this board is that some people treat new people like crap.

23 minutes ago, solarion said:

Ah, I guess writing isn't your strong suit then eh? Guess we should all know what you meant to say and ignore what you actually said. Maybe just type "line combinations" next time instead of "roster"? Just a suggestion to help you not seem stupid as a rock.

lol So whose "sock" do you think I am...junior? Maybe one of the reasons there aren't a lot of people on this board is that some people treat new people like crap.

@krsmith17 knew exactly what I meant. You did not. It's OK. 

Troll sox are my fave. 

5 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

There's just too big of a log jam of mediocre players on bad contracts on the big club right now. I expect much of that to be resolved in the next calendar year though, be it by trade or contracts expiring. We should be looking one more year until this team starts trying to turn things around. We don't want our top prospects playing in a losing environment every night. Playing in Grand Rapids allows them an opportunity to play in a winning environment, while also gaining chemistry playing together.

The log jam exists because Yzerman pulled a Holland and signed Nemeth. Now he's gonna be loyal to Ericsson and Daley as well, just like Holland would.

Seider is character player. I'm not at all worried about thrusting him into challenging situations. He thrives on that. If we were talking about soft-body casuals who need to be babied and nurtured like Zadina, I would agree. But not in this case. Seider should be with the big club learning from the big boys, and not the inferior plebs and children playing in Grand Rapids.

Your point about extending the rebuild is true. This is a worse team with Seider not on it, and we will have an increased chance to to draft higher with him in GR. But it's the start of the season... Yzerman has given up before it started. Any dark horse chance we had at putting something together just got shot in the foot. Have fun playing with Nemeth/Daley/Ericsson boys. Should be a good situation to boost our young red wings confidence (sarcasm).

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The log jam exists because Yzerman pulled a Holland and signed Nemeth. Now he's gonna be loyal to Ericsson and Daley as well, just like Holland would.

Seider is character player. I'm not at all worried about thrusting him into challenging situations. He thrives on that. If we were talking about soft-body casuals who need to be babied and nurtured like Zadina, I would agree. But not in this case. Seider should be with the big club learning from the big boys, and not the inferior plebs and children playing in Grand Rapids.

Your point about extending the rebuild is true. This is a worse team with Seider not on it, and we will have an increased chance to to draft higher with him in GR. But it's the start of the season... Yzerman has given up before it started. Any dark horse chance we had at putting something together just got shot in the foot. Have fun playing with Nemeth/Daley/Ericsson boys. Should be a good situation to boost our young red wings confidence (sarcasm).

I feel like the same conversation is going on in multiple threads, so I'll just say this... We're rebuilding. There's absolutely no rush in getting Seider in the NHL. He will likely play some games in Detroit at some point this season, but if he spends the whole season in Grand Rapids, destroys the competition and helps the Griffs win another Calder Cup, I don't think it's the worst way to develop a player...

48 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

@krsmith17 knew exactly what I meant. You did not. It's OK. 

Troll sox are my fave. 

Yeah, he's probably been exposed to your inability to say what you mean longer than I. Apologies for being less effective at deciphering your incorrectly worded questions than others.

So whose sock am I bud? If you're going to make an accusation...back it up slick. ...or keep sniping and being a coward about it. At this point I've no respect for you anyway. You could have just as easily said, "yeah I meant that and not what I wrote". Instead you start lobbing insults like you know me. 

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What do you mean? He looks ecstatic. Most I've ever seen him smile to be honest...

"My name is Ras. My world is creases and deflections. Once, I was an offensive dynamo; a CHLer searching for a righteous cause. As the Wings re-assigned us, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy. Me... or Yzerman. So I exist in this Wasteland. A man reduced to a single instinct: get a stick on it."

58 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The jump from the DEL is a lot bigger than the jump from the AHL. Seider looked good for a kid from what is basically a AA league, but he wasn't like "needs to be in the NHL now" good. Starting him in GR could be a slower transition for him. With Daley and possibly Green gone by the TDL, he can still be brought up then to play with a team that is already out of the playoffs. He gets the NHL experience without making enough of a difference to move them out of a good draft position.

1 hour ago, krsmith17 said:

F*** what you say @ChristopherReevesLegs, this Griffins team is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch...

20190930_155512.thumb.jpg.e3f4072a576c057925ef94c321c789b2.jpg

Might as well throw Hirose, Kuffner, Cholo and Hronek down there too.  If you are going with the "we dont want our young guys to get used to losing" m.o., get all of em in GR this year.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Athanasiou-Filppula-Nielsen

Helm-Glendning-Abdelkader

Erne-Ehn-DeLaRose

Green-DeKeyser

Bowey-Daley

Nemeth-Ericsson

Howard

Bernier

Dont even keep 23.  Just 20.  Play whoever isnt injured.

Do NOT play young, high draft picks.  Whaever ou do.

Edited by Jonas Mahonas
Sp.

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Might as well throw Hirose, Kuffner, Cholo and Hronek down there too.  If you are going with the "we dont want our young guys to get used to losing" m.o., get all of em in GR this year.

Bertuzzi-Larkin-Mantha

Athanasiou-Filppula-Nielsen

Helm-Glendning-Abdelkader

Erne-Ehn-DeLaRose

Green-DeKeyser

Bowey-Daley

Nemeth-Ericsson

Howard

Bernier

Dont even keep 23.  Just 20.  Play whoever isnt injured.

Do NOT play young, high draft picks.  Whaever ou do.

Respec

Seider is the best player on this team not named Dylan Larkin. You play that guy.

3 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Michael Rasmussen is such a badass.  Can't wait till he chokeslams a guy in an actual game.  He's basically the Braun Strowman of the AHL now.  I want him to be our version of Tom Wilson. 

LOL.  This guy is softer than butter.  He's more like the Seth Rollins of our team.

2 hours ago, solarion said:

This Dylan Larkin? He seems to have turned out alright despite having been a Griffin.

DylanLarkinGriffin.png

Larkin was also still sipping from his mothers teet when we drafted him. He had to be sheltered by Z and Abby pretty much his entire first 2 NHL seasons b4 he could stand up on his own. Seider? Grown ass man. Needs no sheltering. Like Lidstrom was probably better than any other Wing he ever played with, Seider will likely be the best player on this team. Better than Larkin. You have to let the hype flow throu u.

Let's hope so. It's crossed my mind that the Wings may finally have found a guy that can be some portion of what Lidstrom was to the Wings. I doubt Seider gets treated like other Wing's defensive prospects. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if 53 was a full time Wing by the start of 2021. The kid will be what? ...still 19? The kid is special and I think his handling by Detroit brass will show it. He(and Ras) were already the last of the prospects to be sent down this year.