• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Don't care about Zadinas +/- tbh. He is a offensive winger and he is on a 4 game point streak thats gonna last to the end of the season.

Veleno stats is more worrying but he is rookie so he got some rope.

Yeah, I'm not going to put too much weight in the +/- of two of the younger players in the league. Veleno wouldn't even be eligible to play in the AHL if it weren't for the exceptional status. Of course it would be nice for both of them to get those numbers up, but I'm looking at overall production and even more than that, how they look on the ice.

The way Veleno has been playing the past few games reminds me a lot of the way Athanasiou has been playing early on this season. He's been making things happen offensively, he and his linemates just haven't been capitalizing on their opportunities. Athanasiou has also fallen victim of the atrocious +/- stat (-18 through 13 games... woof...). I don't think Athanasiou has been bad, he's just been snake bitten. Like Veleno, he's been creating opportunities for himself and his linemates, but nothing seems to be going in.

Zadina is starting to heat up, and I'm sure Veleno isn't far behind.

On 11/2/2019 at 10:25 AM, krsmith17 said:

Anyone know how the Sweden U20 (SuperElit) and Finland U20 (SM-Liiga) leagues compare to the CHL and NCAA? Elmer Soderblom and Antti Tuomisto are tops of their respective leagues. Soderblom currently has 26 points (12 goals, 14 assists) in 18 games for Frölunda, 2nd in points, behind Nils Aman (who is a year and a half older). Tuomisto has 22 points (8 goals, 14 assists) in 21 games for Assat, 14th in overall scoring and leading all defensemen.

I'm thinking (hoping) Soderblom could be a steal in last year's draft...

SHL and Liiga are both much better than the CHL in terms of quality of competition and line-mates. This is a very good sign for Soderblom and Toumisto I would think.

32 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

SHL and Liiga are both much better than the CHL in terms of quality of competition and line-mates. This is a very good sign for Soderblom and Toumisto I would think.

I know that the SHL and Liiga are better than the CHL, but neither are playing in the top leagues over there. They're both playing U20, which is a tier below the men's leagues over there.

I'm thinking the SuperElit and Jr A SM-Liiga may be a step below the CHL, but I'm not sure...

10 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know that the SHL and Liiga are better than the CHL, but neither are playing in the top leagues over there. They're both playing U20, which is a tier below the men's leagues over there.

I'm thinking the SuperElit and Jr A SM-Liiga may be a step below the CHL, but I'm not sure...

Oh probably the same or worse then

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The more I watch Tim Stutzle the more I think he is our guy. Will fit right in with Seider too. Germans are the new Swedes. 

Red Wings finally win the Draft lottery...

Fans:
"F*** Yeah! We've finally won the draft lottery. There is a hockey god"...
"Lafreniere is elite. He will singlehandedly turn this team around"...
"2021 Playoffs, here we come"...

Yzerman:
"With the 1st overall pick, the Detroit Red Wings select, from Mannheim of the DEL, Tim Stutzle"...

Everyone:
"WTF?"...
"First Seider 20 spots too high, and now this bum ahead of Lafreniere and Byfield???"
"What is this guys obsession with German players?"...
"Fire Yzerman!"...

Moritz Seider becomes an elite, number one defenseman (best player in his draft class)...
Tim Stutzle become an elite, number one center (best player in his draft class)...

Everyone:
"WTF?"...
"Yzerman is a f***ing genius"...
"All hail Yzerman!"...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Red Wings finally win the Draft lottery...

Fans:
"F*** Yeah! We've finally won the draft lottery. There is a hockey god"...
"Lafreniere is elite. He will singlehandedly turn this team around"...
"2021 Playoffs, here we come"...

Yzerman:
"With the 1st overall pick, the Detroit Red Wings select, from Mannheim of the DEL, Tim Stutzle"...

Everyone:
"WTF?"...
"First Seider 20 spots too high, and now this bum ahead of Lafreniere and Byfield???"
"What is this guys obsession with German players?"...
"Fire Yzerman!"...

Moritz Seider becomes an elite, number one defenseman (best player in his draft class)...
Tim Stutzle become an elite, number one center (best player in his draft class)...

Everyone:
"WTF?"...
"Yzerman is a f***ing genius"...
"All hail Yzerman!"...

Even I would freak out n break stuff if he drafted Timmy over Lafren

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm so sorry. Finns are disgusting and their language is actually retarded.

You have no idea. Finns speaking swedish is orcish. But when the fennoswedes speak their swedish in finland its actually kinda cute.