• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Seider is one of the things that concerns me if we draft Lafreniere. If the big German comes charging towards him in practice, will the little Frenchie throw down his stick and run?

The "little Frenchie" is 6'1", 203lbs at the age of 18...

Also, why would the "big German" (2" taller) come charging at him in practice?

5 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Odd question here...

What if the Wings get their $hit together, and end up sumthin like 27th, or 28th...Then like clockwork we drop back 2, or 3 spots in the lottery...Would Grand Master Y consider the Russian goalie?

I will get s*** on for this, but I would absolutely take the goalie. Shore up that position for the next 15 to 20 years.

The only real argument against this is YoUR'e nOt SuPpOSeD tO TAkE GoaLIeS iN ThE 1st

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

6'1" in hockey is like 5'11" in real life. By my standards, he's small.

And a pansy cause he's french, amirite?

7 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Odd question here...

What if the Wings get their $hit together, and end up sumthin like 27th, or 28th...Then like clockwork we drop back 2, or 3 spots in the lottery...Would Grand Master Y consider the Russian goalie?

I hope not. The only way I'd consider Askarov, is if we acquire another 1st and end up with a pick around 15th overall.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I will get s*** on for this, but I would absolutely take the goalie. Shore up that position for the next 15 to 20 years.

The only real argument against this is YoUR'e nOt SuPpOSeD tO TAkE GoaLIeS iN ThE 1st

Talk about taking a swing for the fences...Could be a genius pick if he's a legend between the pipes, or a clusterf**k if he turns out to be the 2nd coming of Bryzgalov. 

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Another argument might be that you don't need elite goaltending to win a Cup so why waste that high of a pick?

4 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

He's a hockey player. No pansies allowed.

2 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

6'1" is 6'1". You're previous comment was dumb, but this one takes the cake...

Yep. They never embellish height or weight in professional sports.

2 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

So you're now saying that Lafreniere is listed at 6'1", but is really 5'11", and Seider is listed at 6'3", but really is what? 6'5"?

6 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

He's a hockey player. No pansies allowed.

I'm just waiting for when Jack Hughes gets carried off on a stretcher...That boy - erm - guy needs to add a few pounds.

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ah true, I just see our depth: few high end forwards, and now a few high end Dmen too, and nothing on the way in terms of high end Gs

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from.  I just think it's so easy to find adequate goaltending through trade/ufa that I don't see why you'd ever bother taking one that high.  There's always a Murray/Fleury, Holtby/Grubaur, or UFA Lehner out there looking for a home.  Build a contender first and some goalie will be dying to play for you when you're ready to go all-in on a Cup.

1 minute ago, kipwinger said:

Yeah, I understand where you're coming from.  I just think it's so easy to find adequate goaltending through trade/ufa that I don't see why you'd ever bother taking one that high.  There's always a Murray/Fleury, Holtby/Grubaur, or UFA Lehner out there looking for a home.  Build a contender first and some goalie will be dying to play for you when you're ready to go all-in on a Cup.

I don't disagree, but I will find a way to if we draft Askarov

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

So you're now saying that Lafreniere is listed at 6'1", but is really 5'11", and Seider is listed at 6'3", but really is what? 6'5"?

The Frenchie is listed as 6-1, 192. The Kaiser is listed as 6-4, 207. Seider is bigger now, and will be significantly bigger when both guys finish growing. Even if heights and weights are embellished to benefit the player (they are) that still means Seider is taller and heavier.

And my adjectives "big" and "little" were not literal. I was clearly referencing the military prowess of France and Germany during WW2.

You're arguing over nothing.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The Frenchie is listed as 6-1, 192. The Kaiser is listed as 6-4, 207. Seider is bigger now, and will be significantly bigger when both guys finish growing. Even if heights and weights are embellished to benefit the player (they are) that still means Seider is taller and heavier.

And my adjectives "big" and "little" were not literal. I was clearly referencing the military prowess of France and Germany during WW2.

You're arguing over nothing.

The Maginot Line would be a sick name for an all frenchie line

...Until Kaiser Seider blitz's them through the ardennes

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The Maginot Line would be a sick name for an all frenchie line

...Until Kaiser Seider blitz's them through the ardennes

If we plan on sticking to this whole WWII metaphor, wouldn't some American and Russian prospects come along later and kick the living f*ck out of the Nazi? 

Maybe we should trade high on Seider early, like right before Alamein (his NHL debut in this metaphor), because it'll only be downhill from there?

Edited by kipwinger

18 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

If we plan on sticking to this whole WWII metaphor, wouldn't some American and Russian prospects come along later and kick the living f*ck out of the Nazi? 

Maybe we should trade high on Seider early, like right before Alamein (his NHL debut in this metaphor), because it'll only be downhill from there?

First we draft Lafren. He becomes Seider's Vichy French ally.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First we draft Lafren. He becomes Seider's Vichy French ally.

Why are we siding with the Axis again?  I mean, I get that some of you righties may romanticize the Third Reich and all but my grandpa didn't get his ass shot off in France for nothing bro!

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Why are we siding with the Axis again?

Cause we literally have a kraut, a Japan man, and a buncha spaghets on the team

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I mean, I get that some of you righties may romanticize the Third Reich and all but my grandpa didn't get his ass shot off in France for nothing bro!

(((ok boomer)))

Did he at least kill fitty men?

d698fc5634e2578555664bbd866fca72.gif

I often wonder what Canadians think of WW2... do you Leafs kinda feel shafted cause no one talks about your contribution to the commonwealth? Maybe I'm just living in an American bubble and Canada talks about it all the time?

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I often wonder what Canadians think of WW2... do you Leafs kinda feel shafted cause no one talks about your contribution to the commonwealth? Maybe I'm just living in an American bubble and Canada talks about it all the time?I have a plan/profile/x section ready for review. In first aid training right now. I can give you

What do we think of WW2? lol kind of question is that? 

I know that we are beloved in Europe because of our "contribution to the commonwealth". I also knew American backpackers that had sewn Canadian flag badges on their gear in order to get treated better over there while travelling. Cuz when someone from Belgium sees some fat f*** in a Red Sox hat with a goatee coming their way, they can only be from one of two countries. And they're all praying it's Canada.