• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

What do we think of WW2? lol kind of question is that? 

I know that we are beloved in Europe because of our "contribution to the commonwealth". I also knew American backpackers that had sewn Canadian flag badges on their gear in order to get treated better over there while travelling. Cuz when someone from Belgium sees some fat f*** in a Red Sox hat with a goatee coming their way, they can only be from one of two countries. And they're all praying it's Canada. 

> comparing Cannada to USA in WW2

Are you trying to give me an easy win?

Americans who pretend to be Canadians in europe are called 'Democrats'. They're a disgusting sub section of the population that no one actually likes. Please call them out. Real Americans like myself travel to Europe all the time and don;t embarrass ourselves this way.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Americans who pretend to be Canadians in europe are called 'Democrats'. They're a disgusting sub section of the population that no one actually likes. Please call them out. Real Americans like myself travel to Europe all the time and don;t embarrass ourselves this way.

Its kinda like if ur drowning and you get saved by the captain of the football team. You already hated the guy before because of jealousy, and now you hate him even more because you owe him your life too. 

That's how post WW2 Europe feels about the US.

3 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its kinda like if ur drowning and you get saved by the captain of the football team. You already hated the guy before because of jealousy, and now you hate him even more because you owe him your life too. 

This is true. All of Europe feels this way. 

10 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Nah man. We acknowledge and revere your military superiority. Doesn't mean you're not a bunch of tools. 

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Nah man. We acknowledge and revere your military superiority. Doesn't mean you're not a bunch of tools. 

57 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Sucha ***** move to pretend to be a different nationality abroad. Always hated that, but a surprising number of Americans prolly do it

#ProudTool

It is definitely unnecessary unless your safety would be compromised, but I am unaware of any European nation where that would be a genuine concern.  This is obviously anecdotal but my wife was born in Europe and we frequently visit her family.  Every experience I’ve had in sharing my United States citizenry has been notably positive.  If there are any substantial number of travelers engaging in that deception (has anyone tracked that?) then unless their experiences are wildly different it’s empty posturing.  

55 minutes ago, Mckinley25 said:

It is definitely unnecessary unless your safety would be compromised, but I am unaware of any European nation where that would be a genuine concern.  This is obviously anecdotal but my wife was born in Europe and we frequently visit her family.  Every experience I’ve had in sharing my United States citizenry has been notably positive.  If there are any substantial number of travelers engaging in that deception (has anyone tracked that?) then unless their experiences are wildly different it’s empty posturing.  

Agreed, never had a bad experience either. But like clockwork I always hear from travel noobs how you should hide being American because "everyone hates us".

Although

North American Hospitality > European Hospitality

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

18 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Fixed this for you...

Americans who pretend to be Canadians in europe are called 'SMART'

14 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The allies would have won the war without the US but it would have taken far longer and the Russia would have occupied even more of Europe.  If anything the American delay in entering the war set in motion the Cold War.

8 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The US hasn't won a war since WW2, lost in Nam and Korea, had to go back to Kuwait a second time and are still there...  Kill alot of people yes, Win not so much.

10 minutes ago, mackel said:

Fixed this for you...

Americans who pretend to be Canadians in europe are called 'SMART'

The allies would have won the war without the US but it would have taken far longer and the Russia would have occupied even more of Europe.  If anything the American delay in entering the war set in motion the Cold War.

Not if Japan had entered the European arena. The US divided the Axis powers. And allowed the British/Russian alliance to defeat Germany in Europe.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

This is now a WW2 thread

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I don't think I buy this. D-Day doesn't happen without the US. The commonwealth was in no position to invade mainland Europe. Not just manpower wise, but financially so, and in terms of material goods. The US joining the war for Britain AND Russia was like JP Morgan personally handing a blank check to a guy who was over-drafting his checking account already. The Russians don't like to admit it, but the US delivered to them like 20 million tons worth of goods throughout the war. And much of their era weapon design was based on American weapon design. Simply, there's good reason for why Churchill was bending over backwards to get FDR to commit.

And in the Pacific theater Japan goes largely unopposed without the US carrier group joining the arena. There's a reason they took the massive risk and eventual blunder that was Pearl Harbor. In one swoop they could've knocked out their only remaining rival in the Pacific for the next 2 years because era warships took so long to build. If the US never joins Japan beyond likely starts invading Russia in the east... There's no way 2 fronts doesn't sink Soviet Russia almost immediately at that point.

The American delay setting in motion the cold war is an interesting thought. When do you think America should've joined to prevent that? Poland? The blitz? Barbarossa?

1 hour ago, mackel said:

The US hasn't won a war since WW2, lost in Nam and Korea, had to go back to Kuwait a second time and are still there...  Kill alot of people yes, Win not so much.

It's a win if we say it's a win

Undefeated world champs

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Not if Japan had entered the European arena. The US divided the Axis powers. And allowed the British/Russian alliance to defeat Germany in Europe.

It's practically impossible for Japan to have entered the European theatre due to geography... they were also working toward a Pacific based empire.  They would likely have dominated much of China, Vietnam and Korea thus saving the US from two failed wars.

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is now a WW2 thread

I don't think I buy this. D-Day doesn't happen without the US. The commonwealth was in no position to invade mainland Europe. Not just manpower wise, but financially so, and in terms of material goods. The US joining the war for Britain AND Russia was like JP Morgan personally handing a blank check to a guy who was over-drafting his checking account already. The Russians don't like to admit it, but the US delivered to them like 20 million tons worth of goods throughout the war. And much of their era weapon design was based on American weapon design. Simply, there's good reason for why Churchill was bending over backwards to get FDR to commit.

And in the Pacific theater Japan goes largely unopposed without the US carrier group joining the arena. There's a reason they took the massive risk and eventual blunder that was Pearl Harbor. In one swoop they could've knocked out their only remaining rival in the Pacific for the next 2 years because era warships took so long to build. If the US never joins Japan beyond likely starts invading Russia in the east... There's no way 2 fronts doesn't sink Soviet Russia almost immediately at that point.

The American delay setting in motion the cold war is an interesting thought. When do you think America should've joined to prevent that? Poland? The blitz? Barbarossa?

It's a win if we say it's a win

Undefeated world champs

The US was a key supplier of hardware well before entering the war... that would likely have continued just for $$$$ reasons.  The US also pressed this advantage and were.the recipients of a lot of R & D, scientific data and strategic bases.  So it wasn't a selfless soft or hard entry into the war for the US.

31 minutes ago, mackel said:

It's practically impossible for Japan to have entered the European theatre due to geography... they were also working toward a Pacific based empire.  They would likely have dominated much of China, Vietnam and Korea thus saving the US from two failed wars.

The Japanese were still pretty bitter about the Russo-Japanese war only a few years prior. They absolutely had historical, diplomatic, and territorial reasons to invade Russian from the east. They likely never did only because they stirred up the wasp nest at Pearl Harbor.

Russia would have either had to let the Japanese go completely unchecked in the east, or divert massive resources to the Pacific on a hellish logistical line.

Even if they didn't and just pacified southern Asia, they then would have free-reign to lend-lease Germany all the goods they would ever need, including the precious oil Germany was in need of.

25 minutes ago, mackel said:

The US was a key supplier of hardware well before entering the war... that would likely have continued just for $$$$ reasons.  The US also pressed this advantage and were.the recipients of a lot of R & D, scientific data and strategic bases.  So it wasn't a selfless soft or hard entry into the war for the US.

Here is the issue though, loans and debt is not repayable if Britain loses the war. People often neglect this when considering America's entry into the war. We were basically acting as a bank protecting an investment. If you put up big dollars to fund the house of Britain, it becomes of vital interest to make sure Hitler doesn't burn down that house, so you get a return on your investment. I think there is very real tipping point when America must make one of two decisions: Enter the war to protect the allies she is financing, or cutting off aid and watching it burn. Americans are dumb, but not dumb enough to willingly supply the last hamlet on the Isles.