No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Perlini: 1 assist in 17 games, -10

Regula: over a point per game Dman in the CHL right now

:shock:

Perlini is a prime example of a player being underutilized. There's no reason Perlini can't be a solid middle six winger for this team for the foreseeable future. Instead, Blashill is setting him up to fail, playing him on the 4th line with two anchors every game.

Everyone is super high on Fabbri (rightfully so), but I guarantee if we put Fabbri on a line with Ehn and Erne and he might have a couple points if he were lucky, and Perlini on a line with Filppula and Athanasiou or Larkin and Bertuzzi and he would have at least a handful of points.

It just pisses me off that both are coming from similar situations (cast offs from other teams), but one was set up to succeed from the beginning, while the other was set up to fail. Perlini has a higher draft pedigree (drafted 12th overall vs 21st the same year). Yzerman gave up more to acquire Perlini (defensive prospect with NHL potential vs a career 4th liner with no offensive upside). I don't understand it. Why is Perlini being wasted on the 4th line?... Why isn't he given an opportunity with similar skilled players?... Jeff F***ing Blashill. That's why...

39 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Perlini is a prime example of a player being underutilized. There's no reason Perlini can't be a solid middle six winger for this team for the foreseeable future. Instead, Blashill is setting him up to fail, playing him on the 4th line with two anchors every game.

Everyone is super high on Fabbri (rightfully so), but I guarantee if we put Fabbri on a line with Ehn and Erne and he might have a couple points if he were lucky, and Perlini on a line with Filppula and Athanasiou or Larkin and Bertuzzi and he would have at least a handful of points.

It just pisses me off that both are coming from similar situations (cast offs from other teams), but one was set up to succeed from the beginning, while the other was set up to fail. Perlini has a higher draft pedigree (drafted 12th overall vs 21st the same year). Yzerman gave up more to acquire Perlini (defensive prospect with NHL potential vs a career 4th liner with no offensive upside). I don't understand it. Why is Perlini being wasted on the 4th line?... Why isn't he given an opportunity with similar skilled players?... Jeff F***ing Blashill. That's why...

I was just listening to old episodes of spittin' chiclets.

Literally an episode right before Yzerman traded for Perlini, Bissonnette - who's a rep for the yotes, whom Perllini was drafted by - was talking about how Perlini just doesn't have what it takes to be an NHLer and wouldn't make it with the Hawks. That he's basically a goof, doesn't work hard, doesn't take anything seriously. Would rather f*** around than have a pro career.

IDK I'm starting to think we lost this trade. It will sting a lot worse if Regula makes the NHL.

That said, Yzerman is basically doing the same thing that he did when he first got to Tampa, he's slinging s*** at the walls and hoping it sticks. Some of those s*** burgers aren't gonna stick. I accept the strategy, just didn't work out great in this instance.

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I was just listening to old episodes of spittin' chiclets.

Literally an episode right before Yzerman traded for Perlini, Bissonnette - who's a rep for the yotes, whom Perllini was drafted by - was talking about how Perlini just doesn't have what it takes to be an NHLer and wouldn't make it with the Hawks. That he's basically a goof, doesn't work hard, doesn't take anything seriously. Would rather f*** around than have a pro career.

IDK I'm starting to think we lost this trade. It will sting a lot worse if Regula makes the NHL.

That said, Yzerman is basically doing the same thing that he did when he first got to Tampa, he's slinging s*** at the walls and hoping it sticks. Some of those s*** burgers aren't gonna stick. I accept the strategy, just didn't work out great in this instance.

"BizNasty" is a f***ing goof... I don't know about you, but I'd like to believe that Yzerman has a better eye for talent than that jacka**... Afterall, Yzerman did give up a decent piece to acquire Perlini. I think it's way too early to know how this trade will play out. I just want to see Perlini given an opportunity to do something. If he fails, so be it, but at least give him the chance to prove you wrong...

1 minute ago, krsmith17 said:

"BizNasty" is a f***ing goof... I don't know about you, but I'd like to believe that Yzerman has a better eye for talent than that jacka**... Afterall, Yzerman did give up a decent piece to acquire Perlini. I think it's way too early to know how this trade will play out. I just want to see Perlini given an opportunity to do something. If he fails, so be it, but at least give him the chance to prove you wrong...

I agree Biz is barely an NHL player/retarded meat head who does too many shrooms, but he basically lived a career of being a Danny Cleary, the likeable guy who ran the lockerroom. That's the guy you take advice from on who's working hard and who's screwing off. I'm not saying Biz knows s*** about the game or Perlini's technical play, but i do think he know's about Perlini as a person. It's sort of his job.

Veleno going to the WJHC

Here's some nice things

Hockey People Say Nice Things About Joe

McIsaac starting top pair with Byram

etc

Should be a fun tournament with so many or Detroit's A-Level prospects playing. And we're probably going to see this year's top 5 pick play too, whomever that might be. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

Players to watch...

Canada
Joe Veleno
Jared McIsaac
*Alexis Lafreniere
*Quinton Byfield

United States
Robert Mastrosimone

Sweden
Jonatan Berggren
Jesper Eliasson
*Lucas Raymond
*Alexander Holtz

Finland
Otto Kivenmaki
*Anton Lundell

Germany
Moritz Seider
*Tim Stutzle

Russia
*Yaroslav Askarov

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Players to watch...

Canada
Joe Veleno
Jared McIsaac
*Alexis Lafreniere
*Quinton Byfield

United States
Robert Mastrosimone

Sweden
Jonatan Berggren
Jesper Eliasson
*Lucas Raymond
*Alexander Holtz

Finland
Otto Kivenmaki
*Anton Lundell

Germany
Moritz Seider
*Tim Stutzle

Russia
*Yaroslav Askarov

Some of those wings guys arent 100% sure to make it yet no? ... don’t jinx them lol

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Some of those wings guys arent 100% sure to make it yet no? ... don’t jinx them lol

Meh. The only players that aren't guaranteed are Kivenmaki and Eliasson. The players that matter will be there, playing prominent roles for their respective countries. Veleno will likely be the number one center for Canada. McIsaac will likely be a top pair defenseman for Canada. Mastrosimone will likely be a middle six winger for USA. Berggren will likely be a top six winger for Sweden. Seider will be the number one defenseman for Germany. Kivenmaki might be a bottom six winger for Finland. Eliasson might be the backup goalie for Sweden. Neither of the latter two have much of an NHL future anyway, so I won't be too upset if they don't make it.

I'm expecting big things from at least 3 or 4 of those players though. Veleno, McIsaac and Seider will all likely be wearing a letter for their respective teams as well.

6 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Meh. The only players that aren't guaranteed are Kivenmaki and Eliasson. The players that matter will be there, playing prominent roles for their respective countries. Veleno will likely be the number one center for Canada. McIsaac will likely be a top pair defenseman for Canada. Mastrosimone will likely be a middle six winger for USA. Berggren will likely be a top six winger for Sweden. Seider will be the number one defenseman for Germany. Kivenmaki might be a bottom six winger for Finland. Eliasson might be the backup goalie for Sweden. Neither of the latter two have much of an NHL future anyway, so I won't be too upset if they don't make it.

I'm expecting big things from at least 3 or 4 of those players though. Veleno, McIsaac and Seider will all likely be wearing a letter for their respective teams as well.

I was just joking , and yes the more important guys will be on the teams playing big parts but id still like to have as many guys in the tournament as possible and hopefully surprise 

i wanted alnefelt last draft so i hope eliasson can surpass him and get the #1 job and play well ,either way should be fun and ill be keeping my eyes our for some possible guys we can get with our early 2nd  as well although im sure there wont be too many available since lineups include players prefiously drafted (lukas reichel comes to mind but seeing how the past reichel’s have done id stay away lol) 

45 minutes ago, chaps80 said:

Seider was a steal by Yzerman. Read something on him yesterday, he's looking like the real deal. Constant progression. We should not bring him up this season, unless it's towards the end. 

Seider is like the only positive on this team and he's not even on this team

I would say he's already on track to be the best German hockey player of all time, but Draisaitl exists...

Theme for 2020-21: "Here comes the sun"

12 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Seider is like the only positive on this team and he's not even on this team

I would say he's already on track to be the best German hockey player of all time, but Draisaitl exists...

Theme for 2020-21: "Here comes the sun"

I don't want Seider anywhere near this team this season. It's pointless. 

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I'm always freaked out when our prospects decide to go the NCAA route.  Unless they're one and done, I don't like it for their development.  There are so few shots, and such little quality offense, I don't really think they learn too much down there.  Hopefully it's one and one for Tuomisto.

5 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

I'm always freaked out when our prospects decide to go the NCAA route.  Unless they're one and done, I don't like it for their development.  There are so few shots, and such little quality offense, I don't really think they learn too much down there.  Hopefully it's one and one for Tuomisto.

Yeah I mean Hopefully his trajectory is:

This year: Finland
Next year: U of Denver
2021/22: AHL
2022/23: AHL/NHL (About age 22)

At least for him, if he sucks on NA ice, he can stay unie and get his degree

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Just now, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yeah I mean Hopefully his trajectory is:

This year: Finland
Next year: U of Denver
2021/22: AHL
2022/23: AHL/NHL (About age 22)

At least for him, if he sucks on NA ice, he can stay unie and get his degree

I mean, that's basically the ideal trajectory.  Worries me though.  Then again, I'm usually a fan of guys from Europe getting to NA as quickly as possible so I guess I have to take the bad with the good.

Two players on the Griffins I wanna talk about: Smith and Cholowski

The good: Givani Smith looks so much better than last year, and is the exact type of forward this team needs. He's skating better and is a lot faster of all the sudden, and loves to play physical and s*** disturb. Now he's 5th on the team in scoring (behind only the vets) and is scoring at a better pace than Zadina was. I could see this kid making the team next year if Yzerman opens holes in the roster.

The bad: Cholowski is straight garbage. I don't think he plays well even for the AHL at this point. After 3 games with the Griffs he has 1 assist and is already -5. His passing is plain bad and he panics the moment he's pressured. He doesn't really make up for this with anything. I get flashbacks of a $3 million dollar bone-headed Brendan Smith ******* up plays when I watch him. He has another season after this on his ELC, and I hope Yzerguy is very cautious when signing him to his next contract. Honestly Cholowski might be a good piece for Yzerman to move right now. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

20 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Two players on the Griffins I wanna talk about: Smith and Cholowski

The good: Givani Smith looks so much better than last year, and is the exact type of forward this team needs. He's skating better and is a lot faster of all the sudden, and loves to play physical and s*** disturb. Now he's 5th on the team in scoring (behind only the vets) and is scoring at a better pace than Zadina was. I could see this kid making the team next year if Yzerman opens holes in the roster.

The bad: Cholowski is straight garbage. I don't think he plays well even for the AHL at this point. After 3 games with the Griffs he has 1 assist and is already -5. His passing is plain bad and he panics the moment he's pressured. He doesn't really make up for this with anything. I get flashbacks of a $3 million dollar bone-headed Brendan Smith ******* up plays when I watch him. He has another season after this on his ELC, and I hope Yzerguy is very cautious when signing him to his next contract. Honestly Cholowski might be a good piece for Yzerman to move right now. 

Yeah Cholo hasn't impressed. Thank f*** we got Hronek out of that trade. 

Smith has been a beast

1 hour ago, marcaractac said:

Yeah Cholo hasn't impressed. Thank f*** we got Hronek out of that trade. 

Smith has been a beast

Over at The Athletic, Pronman just audited the 16 draft. Gave the Wings a B+ and has Hronek listed as the 8th best player to come out of the draft. Goooood stuff.