• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

55 minutes ago, kipwinger said:
I honestly like the idea of Veleno playing wing the more I think about it.  Let him be another Tyler Bertuzzi, and chase down pucks for Filip Zadina on the 2nd line with whomever we draft this year. He (and Bertuzzi) are the perfect "piano pullers" because they can get to pucks and win battles, but they're not completely devoid of offensive talent either. 

You really are full of the bad takes today aren't you?

6 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

I honestly like the idea of Veleno playing wing the more I think about it.  Let him be another Tyler Bertuzzi, and chase down pucks for Filip Zadina on the 2nd line with whomever we draft this year. He (and Bertuzzi) are the perfect "piano pullers" because they can get to pucks and win battles, but they're not completely devoid of offensive talent either. 

I'm game for whatever position brings out the best in these kids down the road. I just hope Veleno's WJC performance eventually translates to the NHL. That would be huge. Certainly it's no guarantee, but luckily it isn't impossible either. 

23 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Could say the same about Rasmussen. (I'm not saying this in disagreement with you. I'm just sayin'.)

So just checked in on Oliwer Kaski, now playing for the Charlotte Checkers.  Remember how we traded him for some bum?  Well he's got 11 points in his last 15 games (5 goals, 6 assists).  I'm not too beat up about trading him, but starting to seem like we just gave this kid away without really knowing what we had in him.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

So just checked in on Oliwer Kaski, now playing for the Charlotte Checkers.  Remember how we traded him for some bum?  Well he's got 11 points in his last 15 games (5 goals, 6 assists).  I'm not too beat up about trading him, but starting to seem like we just gave this kid away without really knowing what we had in him.

I didn't really like the trade at the time, but I highly doubt Kaski ever becomes a regular NHLer, let alone an impact player at the NHL level. It's not really any worse than the Saarijarvi for Comrie trade in my opinion. Neither were good trades by any stretch, but neither will likely have much of an impact, positive or negative, long-term.

13 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

And Kyle Wood has 2 pts in 15 games.

Yzerman f*** ups are starting to add up

21 minutes ago, ely s said:

Johansson and Pearson both sound pretty good.

Seider is of course amazing.

Didn't realize Lindstrom will be getting a callup soon, which is cool, I just don't see that guy ever being more than a bottom pair Dman.

12 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Johansson and Pearson both sound pretty good.

Seider is of course amazing.

Didn't realize Lindstrom will be getting a callup soon, which is cool, I just don't see that guy ever being more than a bottom pair Dman.

The hope is that he is a better bottom pairing dman than the 5 currently on the roster

4 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I hope Lindstrom can become a solid 3rd pair defenseman, but I see him as a Marchenko 2.0.

Very likely. The only defensive prospect I have hopes for outside of Seider is McIsaac. Luckily Seider is basically a sure thing, and I no longer consider Hronek a prospect. Hopefully others make a statement over the course of the year. But it's a bleak looking position right now. 

8 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

Very likely. The only defensive prospect I have hopes for outside of Seider is McIsaac. Luckily Seider is basically a sure thing, and I no longer consider Hronek a prospect. Hopefully others make a statement over the course of the year. But it's a bleak looking position right now. 

I think McIsaac will be an NHL defenseman, but I'm not sure if he'll be anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman. Maybe that changes, if he can stay healthy and start putting up big numbers again... He was pretty underwhelming at the WJC...

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I think McIsaac will be an NHL defenseman, but I'm not sure if he'll be anything more than a bottom pairing defenseman. Maybe that changes, if he can stay healthy and start putting up big numbers again... He was pretty underwhelming at the WJC...

Yeah I have no doubt he'll be in the NHL, I just think he is our best shot at a top four outside of the obvious. Tuomisto has potential, but still a very raw talent and a ways away if he does make it to the NHL level. Someone like Drysdale would be an impact NHL dman before Tuomisto. Or even McIsaac for that matter. He was underwhelming, but solid at the WJC. He also only played like 3 games before that tournament. Hard to jump into a high pressure tournament like that to basically start his season. 

Edited by marcaractac