• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

Rumored that Alexander Kadeykin prepared to join the Red Wings next season

We drafted this kid in the 7th round the same year we got Larkin, Ehn, Turgeon, and Axel Holmstrom. He'd be 27 when the season starts.

6'5" 220 lb Russian center. Seems to be a late bloomer. Last two season his offensive numbers notably spiked upwards. Finished with 29 pts in 59 games in the KHL this year. Theoretically that translates roughly to a 30 pt season in the NHL over an 82 game span.

Generally he seems to be regarded as a solid two-way forward with a good defensive game.

We also have another Russian prospect that Yzerman took this last year in the 7th round. Kirill Tyutyayev. 5'9" 150 lb LW. Will be turning 20 this summer. Rumored that he is poised to make the jump to the KHL this next season, and if he does so he will be playing with Dastyuk (who is not retiring yet from what I've read). Like Kivenmaki there is suspicion that this kid will be a hidden gem.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

We drafted this kid in the 7th round the same year we got Larkin, Ehn, Turgeon, and Axel Holmstrom. He'd be 27 when the season starts.

6'5" 220 lb Russian center. Seems to be a late bloomer. Last two season his offensive numbers notably spiked upwards. Finished with 29 pts in 59 games in the KHL this year. Theoretically that translates roughly to a 30 pt season in the NHL over an 82 game span.

Generally he seems to be regarded as a solid two-way forward with a good defensive game.

We also have another Russian prospect that Yzerman took this last year in the 7th round. Kirill Tyutyayev. 5'9" 150 lb LW. Will be turning 20 this summer. Rumored that he is poised to make the jump to the KHL this next season, and if he does so he will be playing with Dastyuk (who is not retiring yet from what I've read). Like Kivenmaki there is suspicion that this kid will be a hidden gem.

CRLs: "wut? U think Cholowski is good? Allow me to crush your fanboy prospect slappy dreams. Then, I shall present to thee, my hopes n dreams for obscure late rounders" 

:lol:

21 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Is he better than Rasmussen? If not, that roster spot should go to Moose.

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Is he better than Rasmussen? If not, that roster spot should go to Moose.

Love Rasmussen, but I don't think he's guaranteed a spot on the team next year. I see him starting the year in GR again and competing with Smith/Svech/Hirose for the #1 callup title. If Kadeykin is coming over at 27 I doubt it will be for AHL time.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

4 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Love Rasmussen, but I don't think he's guaranteed a spot on the team next year. I see him starting the year in GR again and competing with Smith/Svech/Hirose for the #1 callup title. If Kadeykin is coming over at 27 I doubt it will be for AHL time.

Sad if true.

Haven't started Tiger King yet. Any good?

1 hour ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Sad if true.

Haven't started Tiger King yet. Any good?

Lets see what Yzerman does. There's not a lotta room if he's re-signing all the RFAs and Gagner. And I'm expecting stiff competition from Svech, Hirose, and Smith at this point too. Anybody who can be sent down w/o waivers is probably the odd man out until injuries occur. I won't be sad if a 20 year old gets held back lil extra.

f*** Carol Baskin #FreeTheTigerKing

That's al I got to say

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

1 hour ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Lets see what Yzerman does. There's not a lotta room if he's re-signing all the RFAs and Gagner. And I'm expecting stiff competition from Svech, Hirose, and Smith at this point too. Anybody who can be sent down w/o waivers is probably the odd man out until injuries occur. I won't be sad if a 20 year old gets held back lil extra.

That's al I got to say

Just watched episode 1. Gotta agree with u there. That woman is a hypocrite to the max.

21 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's do or die for Svech going into next season. He either makes the team, is traded, or waived. 

38 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I could be wrong, but I think it's do or die for Svech going into next season. He either makes the team, is traded, or waived. 

I don't think he has to pass through waivers to start in GR. I'm inclined to give him another half season just cause of the injury BS.

On 4/3/2020 at 3:01 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I don't think he has to pass through waivers to start in GR. I'm inclined to give him another half season just cause of the injury BS.

Pretty sure the only reason he didn't have to this season was because he missed all of last season

On 4/2/2020 at 8:17 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

That's al I got to say

I am in the bolded camp!!! Also once you get done watching TKing another are you kidding me shows is....

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

yes they are white

yes they are in West Va

yes they are wild

wonderful is in the eyes of the beholder but I advise using closed captioning especially if you are drinking while watching. 

4 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Pretty sure the only reason he didn't have to this season was because he missed all of last season

Oh s*** your right. He's f***ed lol

3 hours ago, AtlantaHotWings said:

I am in the bolded camp!!! Also once you get done watching TKing another are you kidding me shows is....

The Wild and Wonderful Whites of West Virginia

yes they are white

yes they are in West Va

yes they are wild

wonderful is in the eyes of the beholder but I advise using closed captioning especially if you are drinking while watching. 

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll watch. 

Sister of mine took a job in the heart WV a while back, cause she's big hiker/backpacker and likes the Appalachians and thought she'd love it there. She only lasted 2 years lol but had some interesting stories about the populace to say the least... truly a special place

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think he'll get a fair shot. I honestly think Yzerman would waive and demote Abby before waiving Svech. 

He was on a tear before hockey got shut down, so hopefully another summer in the gym can do him wonders.

16 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

I think he'll get a fair shot. I honestly think Yzerman would waive and demote Abby before waiving Svech. 

He was on a tear before hockey got shut down, so hopefully another summer in the gym can do him wonders.

HSJ sure seemed to think the Red Wings will waive Abby to make room for Svech in her last piece.

On 4/6/2020 at 12:15 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll watch. 

Sister of mine took a job in the heart WV a while back, cause she's big hiker/backpacker and likes the Appalachians and thought she'd love it there. She only lasted 2 years lol but had some interesting stories about the populace to say the least... truly a special place

Oh yeah?  Where in WV?

2 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Are you taking like a 6 hour commute to DC daily?

Sister is in the medical field. Pretty sure she was just sick of most of her patients being obese and addicted oxy.

I work remotely, even before all this stuff.  Go to DC about once a month for a couple days.  I didn't like living in the city, it sucked.  Bought a farm in Appalachia and have a zillion animals now.  Way more fun.