• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2019-20 Prospects Thread

Rate this topic

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Saw this earlier. 

155 players, 31 teams = 5 players per team on average. Detroit has 4. 

Considering we've been really bad for four years now it's a bit disappointing to say the least. 

I'm generally not a fan of The Athletic, for political reasons which, being political in nature, I won't get into.

That being said? Yeah. We can argue about that list, but what it says about the state of our rebuild is valid. We've been bad for roughly half a decade now and we don't have that ultra-sexy group of young talent that makes all the other teams and their fans drool. Hard not to be at least a little disappointed with where we're at.

Now, that's not to say the brass has definitely misplayed these basement years. Too early to say. Certainly there's nothing to say that what we have in the system right now won't soon become the core of some great Wings teams. Y'never know. We could win the Cup seven years from now and all of a sudden we look back on these basement years kinda fondly and tell ourselves and each other that things had to happen the way they happened.

But in terms of sheer HYPE!? We haven't gotten that payout that we'd hoped for. We're not at the point where Wings fans can talk s*** about how great we're gonna be in a few years. We're still in the "We need a couple more key pieces. *Then* the s*** talking will commence" stage.

If we are talking about the Pronman list..

I saw this list as well, I felt like Pronman just wanted to make Matthews #1 at something. It appears Pronman doesn't think highly of Hieskanen. Hieskanen being ranked #14 on that list is laughable at best. 

Never really been a fan of Pronman to be honest.

15 hours ago, xault said:

If we are talking about the Pronman list..

I saw this list as well, I felt like Pronman just wanted to make Matthews #1 at something. It appears Pronman doesn't think highly of Hieskanen. Hieskanen being ranked #14 on that list is laughable at best. 

Never really been a fan of Pronman to be honest.

Heiskanen is a dreamboat and I was totally wrong about him. Just wanna put that out there.

Edited by Dabura

55 minutes ago, Scott R Lucidi said:

Hard to get that nice pool of players when Bettman keeps restocking the New York market.  Buffalo, New York, New Jersey.  Repeat.

I'm sure the draft lotto will magically need changing when we're in the position to jump other teams, similar to what's happening to us now.

At that time the league will suddenly see that its unfair thus screwing the Wings on the back-end too.

1 hour ago, mackel said:

I'm sure the draft lotto will magically need changing when we're in the position to jump other teams, similar to what's happening to us now.

At that time the league will suddenly see that its unfair thus screwing the Wings on the back-end too.

They are discussing changes to the draft lotto at GM meetings currently. 

To your point, I agree. Just in time to help the Hawks with their rebuild. 

2 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

They are discussing changes to the draft lotto at GM meetings currently. 

To your point, I agree. Just in time to help the Hawks with their rebuild. 

The thought of that is infuriating... gee thanks for the mental image lol 

I've got lots of time for cursing perceived anti-Wings chicanery. The complaining is at the very least cathartic.

At the end of the day, though, it's on the Wings to take care of business with what they can control. Even if we're not picking in the top three, we've still been tanking for a few years now and collecting lots of picks and cashing those picks in...and I question how well we've taken care of business on that front.

That's my real concern. Dropping in the 2017 lotto draw? That sucked, no question. But if we nail that 9th overall pick and/or a later pick, it probably wouldn't matter. And so we took Rasmussen at 9. And Carolina took Martin Necas at 12. And Vegas took Nick Suzuki at 13. And St. Louis took Robert Thomas at 20.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

On 10/22/2020 at 3:31 PM, Dabura said:

I'm generally not a fan of The Athletic, for political reasons which, being political in nature, I won't get into.

That being said? Yeah. We can argue about that list, but what it says about the state of our rebuild is valid. We've been bad for roughly half a decade now and we don't have that ultra-sexy group of young talent that makes all the other teams and their fans drool. Hard not to be at least a little disappointed with where we're at.

Now, that's not to say the brass has definitely misplayed these basement years. Too early to say. Certainly there's nothing to say that what we have in the system right now won't soon become the core of some great Wings teams. Y'never know. We could win the Cup seven years from now and all of a sudden we look back on these basement years kinda fondly and tell ourselves and each other that things had to happen the way they happened.

But in terms of sheer HYPE!? We haven't gotten that payout that we'd hoped for. We're not at the point where Wings fans can talk s*** about how great we're gonna be in a few years. We're still in the "We need a couple more key pieces. *Then* the s*** talking will commence" stage.

Propaganda disguised as sports coverage? That never happens.

On 10/22/2020 at 3:56 PM, Akakabuto said:

The Athletic hates Dragon Ball, don’t they?

Just like most people who dont live in their parent's basement.

On 10/24/2020 at 11:21 PM, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Propaganda disguised as sports coverage? That never happens.

Just like most people who dont live in their parent's basement.

I really like the Athletic... though they are really reaching for Wings content this far removed from actual on ice action with months to go still.

Sportbladet selects the Swedish World Junior Championship team

Six Red Wings prospects selected. Lets hope the swedish hockey federation is on the same page!

Alexander Holtz, Djurgården – Karl Henriksson, Frölunda – Lucas Raymond, Frölunda

Emil Heineman, Leksand – William Eklund, Djurgården – Noel Gunler, Brynäs

Theodor Niederbach, Frölunda – Arvid Costmar, Linköping – Simon Holmström, Vita Hästen

Elmer Söderblom, Frölunda – Albin Sundsvik, Skellefteå – Albin Grewe, Djurgården

Oskar Olausson, HV71 – Elias Ekström, Örebro

Philip Broberg, Skellefteå – Tobias Björnfot, Djurgården

Albert Johansson, Färjestad – Victor Söderström, AIK

William Wallinder, Modo – Helge Grans, Malmö

Emil Andrae, HV71 – Ludvig Hedström, Djurgården

Edited by Akakabuto

16 minutes ago, ely s said:

Seider opted not to play. He wants to keep playing for Rögle.

https://www.mlive.com/redwings/2020/11/red-wings-top-prospect-moritz-seider-to-skip-world-juniors.html

der Sturm = the storm

stürmen = to storm

Stürmer = attacker

I know, I just like that they use that word. In sweden we use the english term when we could be saying ’Stormare’. smdh

21 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

assigning genders to words is transphobic

and sometimes it doesn´t even make sense like "das Mädchen" which is "the girl" or why is a bottle female and a ring male while a car is neutral...  it´s "die Pistole" and "der Revolver", don´t ask me why...

2 hours ago, ely s said:

and sometimes it doesn´t even make sense like "das Mädchen" which is "the girl" or why is a bottle female and a ring male while a car is neutral...  it´s "die Pistole" and "der Revolver", don´t ask me why...

Lol. I was joking. Germans can make all words masculine for all I care.