• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

So I was running the Tankathon simulator and holy hell was that an emotional roller coaster. I now fully appreciate the fact that landing at 1st/2nd/3rd versus landing at 4th is a straight-up 50/50 coin flip.

Also, the Sharks -- whose 1st is owned by the Sens (who still own their own 1st) -- are the third-worst team in the league right now. So that's awesome.

Edited by Dabura

But don't feel too bad for the Sharks, as their Cup window is clearly closing and so they're probably going to move some major pieces at the trade deadline and end up with two top-ten 1sts of their own.

Parity is awesome. Holland is awesome. I have nothing but positive things to say about the state of things.

Edited by Dabura

50 minutes ago, Dabura said:

But don't feel too bad for the Sharks, as their window is Cup window is clearly closing and so they're probably going to move some major pieces at the trade deadline and end up with two top-ten 1sts of their own.

Parity is awesome. Holland is awesome. I have nothing but positive things to say about the state of things.

The coolest (most tolerable thing) would be (edit) Ottawa at 3 and 4. They could take Raymond and Holtz. They're like Sedin brothers from other mothers. 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

13 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

The coolest (most tolerable thing) would be (edit) Ottawa at 3 and 4. They could take Raymond and Holtz. They're like Sedin brothers from other mothers. 

The Sens are known for doing right by their Swedish franchise players, so this actually makes a lot of sense.

Daniel+Alfredsson+Detroit+Red+Wings+v+Ne

BNG-L-SHARKS-0928-24.jpg?w=620

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

So I was running the Tankathon simulator and holy hell was that an emotional roller coaster. I now fully appreciate the fact that landing at 1st/2nd/3rd versus landing at 4th is a straight-up 50/50 coin flip.

Also, the Sharks -- whose 1st is owned by the Sens (who still own their own 1st) -- are the third-worst team in the league right now. So that's awesome.

I did this a couple days ago and it was pretty grim. I must've fallen to 4th around 10 times in a row before getting a 3rd. 

2 hours ago, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

I did this a couple days ago and it was pretty grim. I must've fallen to 4th around 10 times in a row before getting a 3rd. 

Yup - finishing last doesn't mean much anymore when it comes to the draft.

I'm expecting to face mockery from rival fan bases as we will most likely pick 3rd, or 4th.

On 12/23/2019 at 6:59 PM, Wheelchairsuperhero said:

Notice though how it's always a random low odds team(s) that move up into the top 2/3...  I wonder if that's a quirk of tankathon or if that's legit statistically?

That being said I've long believed the Draft Lotto is rigged... still do... otherwise it would be done live and out in the open.  That said the story of the last 6-12 months actually works in our favor...  think about it:

1.  Once proud franchise.   CHECK

2.  Long time GM who lost pace with the times fired.    CHECK

3.  New GM is a highly regarded former player coming back home.  CHECK

4.  The team is legit aweful.  CHECK

5.  The franchise is a highly valuable original six team.  CHECK

6.  The narrative of redemption and renewal is made for TV.   CHECK

Hot take/Real talk: This generally isn't a tournament for 17 year olds, so any good they do should be applauded and any "oof" moments should taken with a grain of salt. I get why we as hockey fans put a lot of stock in these international tourneys, but I've always felt like a lot of people overdo it.

Elias Pettersson finished his draft season WJC-20 with 1 point through 6 games. Jesse Puljujarvi finished his draft season WJC-20 with 17 points through 7 games. Hockey is dumb. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

I would be looking for Lafrenière this year and for Owen Power next year... 

2021 draft is Deep on DEF. 

I've already accepted the fact that we're most likely to end up picking 3rd, or 4th this June...Running the 'Tankathon' simulator makes ya wanna puke when you see what teams jump ahead of us...

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

14 minutes ago, Dominator2005 said:

I would be looking for Lafrenière this year and for Owen Power next year... 

2021 draft is Deep on DEF. 

Kids these days are f***ing mutants... 6'5", 210lbs at the age of 16/17?

Already committed to University of Michigan...

2 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

I've already accepted the fact that we're most likely to end up picking 3rd, or 4th this June...Running the 'Tankathon' simulator makes ya wanna puke when you see what teams jump ahead of us...

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl

I know it's a coin flip between 1st/2nd/3rd and 4th, but I think we're due for a bit of luck in the lottery. I'll bet on us getting top 2, I just hope we get number 1... Of all the year's for the balls to fall our way, this is the year it needs to happen. Lafreniere is legit.

19 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I know it's a coin flip between 1st/2nd/3rd and 4th, but I think we're due for a bit of luck in the lottery. I'll bet on us getting top 2, I just hope we get number 1... Of all the year's for the balls to fall our way, this is the year it needs to happen. Lafreniere is legit.

One good thing about this team being god-awful for the next 5 years is that it increases you're chances of, someday, possibly being right,. 

56 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

One good thing about this team being god-awful for the next 5 years is that it increases you're chances of, someday, possibly being right,. 

1. We won't be a lottery team for the next 5 years.

2. I will be right this year. Bet? The odds are in your favor...

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

1. We won't be a lottery team for the next 5 years.

2. I will be right this year. Bet? The odds are in your favor...

1. We will be more than just a lottery team for the next five years. We will be a bottom 10 team. 

2. Sure. When you lose you can change your member title to "Zombo Rules" and you location to "Dumbass-ville" For a month or something. I can do something similar at your request. But that won't happen. 

Edit: Not saying Nfld is full of dumbasses. Only you :lol:

3 hours ago, Dabura said:

*yore

bite me

Edited by The 91 of Ryans