• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Every year there is some terrible Dman that everyone advocates for for some reason. Like a sleeper pickup or something. Specifically I remember someone on this board raving about Mark Fayne one year.

Edmundsson is that guy.

If you want another Nemeth then yeah, Edmundsson is a good pick. In my view thou that's just a place filler. I'm done with that after this year. I'll take Gudas, he at least adds an edge to this team. Emundsson is more like a depth Dman you should be adding for a playoff run.

3 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Every year there is some terrible Dman that everyone advocates for for some reason. Like a sleeper pickup or something. Specifically I remember someone on this board raving about Mark Fayne one year.

Edmundsson is that guy.

If you want another Nemeth then yeah, Edmundsson is a good pick. In my view thou that's just a place filler. I'm done with that after this year. I'll take Gudas, he at least adds an edge to this team. Emundsson is more like a depth Dman you should be adding for a playoff run.

Isn't Edmundson pretty physical? Either way, I'd say he and Gudas are both depth guys that you add for a playoff run. In the Wings' case, I think we could use more size and snarl and steadiness on the back end.

10 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Some pretty big names available: Pietrangelo, Krug, Barrie, Schultz, Bogosian. All of them 28 or 29. Pietrangelo will be too expensive. I think someone massively overpays for Barrie. Bogo is another rightie and we really could use more help on the left side (feels weird saying that).  Same with Schultz. I would still pursue Krug tho. A 5 year deal puts him at 33/34 when it expires and at least we get that top pair D on the left side we need.

Muzzin is already 30. Might be a little too old for this roster TBH.

I think Edmundson would be a good fit if no Krug. He's big. He's young. He's physical. Still has the potential to be a 2nd pair defensive defenseman. Seems like the kind of guy SY would take a flyer on.

I think Yzerman has to go UFA for at least 1 dman.

I dont think any of the big name guys will come here and id think twice about giving krug a longterm deal , hes 30? We dont need another bad contract

edmundson would be a good fit shorterm or heck if its me id sign him to 3 years and then try and trade nemeth for a 2nd or 3rd 2021 pick , replace nemeth with a free asset and start stockpiling picks for 2021 

i think he targets a team with alot of d depth and makes a move and hopes we find a someone with some upside, thats the only way we’ll land a potential top dman or through the draft

like i previously mentioned the rangers and hawks are stacked off the top of my head 

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

Same.

I'm also liking Jamie Drysdale.

Nooo no no NO  i know deep down the redwings will f*** it up and finish like 3rd-4th last and f*** s*** up again cause thats what we do but i refuse to think about options outside the top 4 for now lol no negative thoughts lol

im choosing to believe we been f***ed over enough the last few drafts and lafraniere is ours , and worst case scenario we get f***ed again its one of byfield/stutzle/raymond/askarov/holtz depending where we drop and our preference . Drysdale is good but i dont wanna start thinking 6-7-8th pick territory 

15 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Isn't Edmundson pretty physical? Either way, I'd say he and Gudas are both depth guys that you add for a playoff run. In the Wings' case, I think we could use more size and snarl and steadiness on the back end.

Yes. Picture E actually using his size and being physical, and that's Edmundson. He struggled early in his career in StL, but seems to have found his game in Carolina. He's still relatively young at 26, so there is still the chance that his large size and the learning curve for his position means that he may still improve. Seems like a SY risk to me.

Gudas is nothing more than a goon. Would rather bring back Wit. We need more physicality from the D, but Gudas' dbag, cheap shot goonery isnt the way I would go. Edmundson seems less risky IMO.

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I dont think any of the big name guys will come here and id think twice about giving krug a longterm deal , hes 30? We dont need another bad contract

edmundson would be a good fit shorterm or heck if its me id sign him to 3 years and then try and trade nemeth for a 2nd or 3rd 2021 pick , replace nemeth with a free asset and start stockpiling picks for 2021 

i think he targets a team with alot of d depth and makes a move and hopes we find a someone with some upside, thats the only way we’ll land a potential top dman or through the draft

like i previously mentioned the rangers and hawks are stacked off the top of my head 

Did u read my post? Krug is 28. Even a 5 year deal still leaves him at a respectable play level at the end of that contract.

7 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Yes. Picture E actually using his size and being physical, and that's Edmundson. He struggled early in his career in StL, but seems to have found his game in Carolina. He's still relatively young at 26, so there is still the chance that his large size and the learning curve for his position means that he may still improve. Seems like a SY risk to me.

Gudas is nothing more than a goon. Would rather bring back Wit. We need more physicality from the D, but Gudas' dbag, cheap shot goonery isnt the way I would go. Edmundson seems less risky IMO.

Did u read my post? Krug is 28. Even a 5 year deal still leaves him at a respectable play level at the end of that contract.

He’d be 29 when he signs , maybe he’d sign for 5 years but i suspect he’d want more term and i think he’ll stick with the bruins who are still cup contenders every year with bergeron/pastranak/marchand around longterm . Could be wrong i just dont see him leaving

15 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

He’d be 29 when he signs , maybe he’d sign for 5 years but i suspect he’d want more term and i think he’ll stick with the bruins who are still cup contenders every year with bergeron/pastranak/marchand around longterm . Could be wrong i just dont see him leaving

Yeah, Krug isn't coming here, especially on a 5 year deal with a cap hit I'd be comfortable with. Hard pass for me.

46 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Nooo no no NO  i know deep down the redwings will f*** it up and finish like 3rd-4th last and f*** s*** up again cause thats what we do but i refuse to think about options outside the top 4 for now lol no negative thoughts lol

im choosing to believe we been f***ed over enough the last few drafts and lafraniere is ours , and worst case scenario we get f***ed again its one of byfield/stutzle/raymond/askarov/holtz depending where we drop and our preference . Drysdale is good but i dont wanna start thinking 6-7-8th pick territory 

I'm saying Drysdale could end up being the smart pick at 3rd or 4th.

41 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Gudas is actually a sneaky-good player. Much more than just a goon, way more capable than Witkowski.

2 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I'm saying Drysdale could end up being the smart pick at 3rd or 4th.

I got nothing against drysdale but i dont even wanna consider him if we’re in the #3-4 spot , in my mind we have seider and hronek who are future stud dmen for our team already and hopefully cholowski figures his s*** out + 1 or more of tuomisto/johansson/mcisaac pan out ... id obviously want to add more d with upside but if we’re in #3-4 we need to target a future star forward 

drysdale might be better than raymond/holtz/stutzle but i suspect thats where we’d go and if not it has to be askarov to help solidify the back with seider/hronek but id say its easier to get two goalies who can share the duties and do ok than landing a star forward

anyways i just have lafraniere in my vision and i refuse to think about anyone else until the rigged draft occurs 

1 minute ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I got nothing against drysdale but i dont even wanna consider him if we’re in the #3-4 spot , in my mind we have seider and hronek who are future stud dmen for our team already and hopefully cholowski figures his s*** out + 1 or more of tuomisto/johansson/mcisaac pan out ... id obviously want to add more d with upside but if we’re in #3-4 we need to target a future star forward 

drysdale might be better than raymond/holtz/stutzle but i suspect thats where we’d go and if not it has to be askarov to help solidify the back with seider/hronek but id say its easier to get two goalies who can share the duties and do ok than landing a star forward

anyways i just have lafraniere in my vision and i refuse to think about anyone else until the rigged draft occurs 

I hear ya. I don't necessarily agree that we need to get a forward if we're picking 3rd or 4th, but we'll see where the chips fall.

3 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I hear ya. I don't necessarily agree that we need to get a forward if we're picking 3rd or 4th, but we'll see where the chips fall.

I just think we need a superstar forward to come and tear the house down with the new kids coming but ya unfortunately we gotta wait and see where the chips fall

f***en 18% is a travesty for how s*** we are 

Just now, Dabura said:

His somewhat disappointing showing at the WJC cooled the HYPE! just a wee bit.

No doubt, but I think most still see him as a number 2/3 pick. I think most of the hype being cooled is people that were attempting to compare him to Lafreniere. They're not even close in my opinion, and that's taking age fully into account.

Just now, krsmith17 said:

No doubt, but I think most still see him as a number 2/3 pick. I think most of the hype being cooled is people that were attempting to compare him to Lafreniere. They're not even close in my opinion, and that's taking age fully into account.

I was just being hyperbolic. :hehe:

I figure the gap would be much closer (possibly nonexistent) if Byfield were Lafreniere's age, but Lafreniere is such a mutant that he'd probably still be top dog.

14 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I was just being hyperbolic. :hehe:

I figure the gap would be much closer (possibly nonexistent) if Byfield were Lafreniere's age, but Lafreniere is such a mutant that he'd probably still be top dog.

That's my point though. I think the gap would still be rather large if Byfield were 10 months older or if Lafreniere were 10 months younger. To say that the gap would be much closer (possibly nonexistent) if the age gap were smaller would suggest that they're close, or at least will he close in 3+ years when a 10 month age gap doesn't mean as much. To me, that's not the case. It's Lafreniere, a huge gap, and then 2-3 guys that could go number 2.

17 hours ago, Dabura said:

Eh I much prefer Gudas

17 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Edmundsson is getting less minutes in Carlolina than he did with STL. He has zero offensive skills whatsoever. His physicality hold its own but im not overly impressed with it. Generally a pretty boring Dman like Nemeth that I'm not interested in having more of.

Gudas can at least put up 20+ pts with limited icetime. And he will absolutely level opponents on a consistent basis.

16 hours ago, Dabura said:

Gudas is actually a sneaky-good player. Much more than just a goon, way more capable than Witkowski.

100%. People don't realize Gudas's scoring per60 is higher than Ekman-Larsson's, Quinn Hughes, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Chabot. Gudas scores when he's on the ice pretty consistently.

On 1/11/2020 at 9:55 AM, krsmith17 said:

Yeah, Krug isn't coming here, especially on a 5 year deal with a cap hit I'd be comfortable with. Hard pass for me.

Nope. He's coming. 5 year deal. Hometown discount. Just like Trouba. He's from Livonia, so he obviously wants to play in Detroit.

On 1/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, Dabura said:

20 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Eh I much prefer Gudas

Edmundsson is getting less minutes in Carlolina than he did with STL. He has zero offensive skills whatsoever. His physicality hold its own but im not overly impressed with it. Generally a pretty boring Dman like Nemeth that I'm not interested in having more of.

Gudas can at least put up 20+ pts with limited icetime. And he will absolutely level opponents on a consistent basis.

100%. People don't realize Gudas's scoring per60 is higher than Ekman-Larsson's, Quinn Hughes, Pietrangelo, McAvoy, Chabot. Gudas scores when he's on the ice pretty consistently.

I dont disagree with you guys, I just cant stomach the idea of Goon-as in a Wings sweater.

12 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I dont disagree with you guys, I just cant stomach the idea of Goon-as in a Wings sweater.

First off, why?

Second off, Gudas really isn't much of a goon. He's a crappy version of Kronwall who will actually fights IF he needs to. He averages 2-3 fights a season. I don't really consider that a goon. Last year Bertuzzi and Mantha each had two fights themselves.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

3 hours ago, ely s said:

So CSS has Stutzle as the #1 Euro skater now. Higher than Raymond... interesting

30 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Its the superior German genes.

Europeans build great Roman Empire
Germans destroy it
Europeans unite the entire continent under Catholicism
Germans invent Protestantism and destroy it
Europeans build colonial empires spanning the globe
Germans start WW1 and destroy it
Europeans shift to progressive free capitalist democracies
Germans invent communism destroying a lot of that
Europeans rebuild after WW1 hoping to live in peace
Germans invent Nazism, start WW2, and destroy that
Americans and Russians bring over some German scientists
German scientists proceed to build doomsday nukes that hold the world hostage for years
Europeans attempt to unite in a peaceful European Union
Germans immediately take large control of the union and push to build an EU ((German)) army
** you are here **

German genetics = Destroy anything good

We should be wary of having too many of them on this team

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs