Germans invent Protestantism and destroy it
Europeans build colonial empires spanning the globe
Germans start WW1 and destroy it
Europeans shift to progressive free capitalist democracies
Germans invent communism destroying a lot of that
Europeans rebuild after WW1 hoping to live in peace
Germans invent Nazism, start WW2, and destroy that
Americans and Russians bring over some German scientists
German scientists proceed to build doomsday nukes that hold the world hostage for years
Europeans attempt to unite in a peaceful European Union
Germans immediately take large control of the union and push to build an EU ((German)) army
** you are here **

German genetics = Destroy anything good

We should be wary of having too many of them on this team

Yikes - they sound worse than the Belgians.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Europeans build great Roman Empire
Germans destroy it
Europeans unite the entire continent under Catholicism
Germans invent Protestantism and destroy it
Europeans build colonial empires spanning the globe
Germans start WW1 and destroy it
Europeans shift to progressive free capitalist democracies
Germans invent communism destroying a lot of that
Europeans rebuild after WW1 hoping to live in peace
Germans invent Nazism, start WW2, and destroy that
Americans and Russians bring over some German scientists
German scientists proceed to build doomsday nukes that hold the world hostage for years
Europeans attempt to unite in a peaceful European Union
Germans immediately take large control of the union and push to build an EU ((German)) army
** you are here **

German genetics = Destroy anything good

We should be wary of having too many of them on this team

Whoa. You took the joke waaaaay too far.

1 hour ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So assuming the likely scenario unfolds and the Wings are picking 4th, who does everyone want? I think it boils down to Stutzle or Drysdale. I could see those two being Yzerman types. 

Raymond or Stutzle, though my opinion is still very fluid at this point. 

Of all the major names I probably know the least about Drysdale, and since we took Seider last year I went for a forward this time. 

22 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

First off, why?

Second off, Gudas really isn't much of a goon. He's a crappy version of Kronwall who will actually fights IF he needs to. He averages 2-3 fights a season. I don't really consider that a goon. Last year Bertuzzi and Mantha each had two fights themselves.

And another

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Gudas has been suspended four times in his career for his conduct. All were for basic goonery. 

https://www-nbcsports-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.nbcsports.com/washington/capitals/5-things-know-about-newest-capital-radko-gudas?

The whack to the back of the neck of Perrault got him 10 games.

This one on Kutcherov got him another 2 games:

He's a dirty head hunter.

Edited by Neomaxizoomdweebie

Only suspended 4 times over 7 seasons and almost 500 games. That's honestly a lot better than I thought with him. He's an extremely physical player which is why I'd want him. Brings an element to the team that we don't have. With that it's expected that a few illegal checks will get thrown. Hitting and being scrappy is a messy business. Most of those weren't even that bad. Not really any serious injuries in there. That one hip check was not clipping at all, timing just ended up awkward.

But ur also talking to a guy who considers Sean Avery one of his favorite players. I love that element of the game.

2 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Only suspended 4 times over 7 seasons and almost 500 games. That's honestly a lot better than I thought with him. He's an extremely physical player which is why I'd want him. Brings an element to the team that we don't have. With that it's expected that a few illegal checks will get thrown. Hitting and being scrappy is a messy business. Most of those weren't even that bad. Not really any serious injuries in there. That one hip check was not clipping at all, timing just ended up awkward.

But ur also talking to a guy who considers Sean Avery one of his favorite players. I love that element of the game.

Kassian getting a 2 game suspension is a bit of a head scratcher (Old Time Hockey if you ask me)...Funny though...Many fans seem to enjoy that animosity in the game, but the league feels it's best to find a way to remove it.

14 minutes ago, F.Michael said:

Kassian getting a 2 game suspension is a bit of a head scratcher (Old Time Hockey if you ask me)...Funny though...Many fans seem to enjoy that animosity in the game, but the league feels it's best to find a way to remove it.

Limp dick liberals destroy an aggro sport. Not really all that surprising these days, but it still sucks.

Hockey will get softened and softened and softened until it becomes like every other castrated sport. Then they will wonder why folks are choosing to watch a more accessible sport like soccer or basketball over hockey, but it will be too late by then, and the sport will wane into obscurity.

On 1/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, The 91 of Ryans said:

So assuming the likely scenario unfolds and the Wings are picking 4th, who does everyone want? I think it boils down to Stutzle or Drysdale. I could see those two being Yzerman types. 

I'm still not *super* familiar with the relevant players, but atm my guys are Stutzle, Raymond, Drysdale. I'd say Raymond is the most "Yzerman guy" of the three. Smallish, shoots right, tenacious, plays The Right Way, instinctively understands the finer points of two-way hockey and possession and high-level playmaking. Here's a nerdy analysis:

On 1/14/2020 at 2:19 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Limp dick liberals destroy an aggro sport. Not really all that surprising these days, but it still sucks.

Hockey will get softened and softened and softened until it becomes like every other castrated sport. Then they will wonder why folks are choosing to watch a more accessible sport like soccer or basketball over hockey, but it will be too late by then, and the sport will wane into obscurity.

Disagree. While I believe its a mistake to water down the sport to appease people who don't watch it anyway, I totally agree with removing predatory hits from the game. That benefits everyone. Hitting guys with your stick, cross checking players into the boards, taking out guys' knees...these are what SHOULD be removed from the game as well as the players who commit them. It's not castrating the sport. Its showing respect to the guys who play the game and protecting their livelihood.

14 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

Disagree. While I believe its a mistake to water down the sport to appease people who don't watch it anyway, I totally agree with removing predatory hits from the game. That benefits everyone. Hitting guys with your stick, cross checking players into the boards, taking out guys' knees...these are what SHOULD be removed from the game as well as the players who commit them. It's not castrating the sport. Its showing respect to the guys who play the game and protecting their livelihood.

Respect it and understand the motivation, still disagree.

Sports are a drug. U like light beer. I like hard liquor.

I wanna see the toughest nastiest craziest s*** out there. These guys risk their health night in and night out. But that's the job. A lot of jobs require risking your health for far less pay. I mean, to take the extreme example, look at the military. Base pay is like 20K a year and these men and women are signing up to literally risk their lives and possibly have overwhelmingly traumatic experiences for that. Meanwhile base pay in the NHL is 700K a year. Far more than I'll ever make in a year even with my cushy corporate job.

So sorry Johnny hockey, but you can afford to be clipped at the knees and crosschecked in the lower back a few times. Don't like it? Get a regular job like the rest of us. You know exactly what you signed up for.

6 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

I don't believe the league can completely remove dirty play from the game...They already penalize players along with fines/suspensions.

I like heated hard hitting nasty hockey...I remember my 1st Milwaukee Admirals game back in 1978 - was some crazy $hit back then, and things are much more tame these days.

7 hours ago, Dabura said:

Stutzle up to #2 *and* Button believes he's a center at the next level.

feels-ger-man.png

I'm pumped about this development.  Assuming we do no worse than 4th, we're basically getting one of Byfield, Stutzle, or Rossi to be our future 2C.  Rossi just burst into TSN's Top 5 and is outscoring Lafreniere in the CHL and has been described as a highjlight reel offensive player.

6 hours ago, F.Michael said:

I don't believe the league can completely remove dirty play from the game...They already penalize players along with fines/suspensions.

I like heated hard hitting nasty hockey...I remember my 1st Milwaukee Admirals game back in 1978 - was some crazy $hit back then, and things are much more tame these days.

The old IHL was WWE on ice. I watched it back in the day too. 

Got no problem with legitimate, justified hits. Never had a problem with fighting as real fans understood its purpose. Just dont like cheap shots. Suspensions should be more severe with repeat offenders.

22 minutes ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

The old IHL was WWE on ice. I watched it back in the day too. 

Got no problem with legitimate, justified hits. Never had a problem with fighting as real fans understood its purpose. Just dont like cheap shots. Suspensions should be more severe with repeat offenders.

I think teams that suffer a cheap shot and don't respond with a fight or at least a scrum within 2 minutes after the cheap shot, should be fined.

We'll call it the nancy tax

8 hours ago, Dabura said:

Stutzle up to #2 *and* Button believes he's a center at the next level.

feels-ger-man.png

Although he´s on the wing, he´s playing more like a center, always first one back. His offense comes from his defensive play, creating turnovers through hard backchecking. He´s really good, fast skater, thinks the game faster than any of his teammates, which makes me curious to see how he´s playing with better players.  I have no clue how good he is on faceoffs because he isn´t taking any so far.

All in all you get an 18yo with one year pro experience and the chance to play directly in the AHL if he is not making the team out of camp, who plays a responsible, mature game combined with speed and skill. Whoever is picking him will have real good player

9 minutes ago, ely s said:

Although he´s on the wing, he´s playing more like a center, always first one back. His offense comes from his defensive play, creating turnovers through hard backchecking. He´s really good, fast skater, thinks the game faster than any of his teammates, which makes me curious to see how he´s playing with better players.  I have no clue how good he is on faceoffs because he isn´t taking any so far.

All in all you get an 18yo with one year pro experience and the chance to play directly in the AHL if he is not making the team out of camp, who plays a responsible, mature game combined with speed and skill. Whoever is picking him will have real good player

It's pretty much decided that Yzerman is taking Stutzle

After that we fire Blash and hire Uwe Krupp

Than we trade Larkin and Athanasiou to Holland for Draisaitl

2 hours ago, Neomaxizoomdweebie said:

It seems as if Germany is the new "Russia" when it comes to the Wings well spring of players.

That's a massive overpayment and you know it.

You might be right. A 0.53 ppg player and a 0.66 ppg player for one 1.52 ppg player leaves a difference of 0.33. Fuqq it, Holland can have Green AND Helm on top of that too.

3 hours ago, ely s said:

A little bit to add to this thought...

Stutzle played center his entire life, projects as a center in the future, and is only playing on the wing now because he's a 17 year old playing in an adult league as a rookie.  It's a little like Dylan Larkin playing wing his 1st NHL season. Far as I've read pretty much everyone assumes he'll switch back to center long term a la Larkin.

Cole Perfetti is the only guy who's played center, who's likely to go around the time Detroit drafts, and who doesn't project down the middle long term.