• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

4 hours ago, kipwinger said:

Nothing more Canadian has ever been spoken.  Well, except maybe this guy...

Within seconds after this video ended both the cameraman, and  beaver were run over by an 18-wheeler driven by a guy named 'Buck'  who was near the end of an 18 hour amphetamine high starting from New Orleans enroute to Quebec City  with a load of sex toys...

3 hours ago, F.Michael said:

Within seconds after this video ended both the cameraman, and  beaver were run over by an 18-wheeler driven by a guy named 'Buck'  who was near the end of an 18 hour amphetamine high starting from New Orleans enroute to Quebec City  with a load of sex toys...

Keep your foot hard on the peddle, son never mind those beavers, smoke all the meth cause we got a run to deliver.
The girls are horny in Canadiana, and there's dildos in Louisiana, and we'll bring em back not matter what it takessssssssss.
North bound and downnnnnnnnn, loaded up and truckin', we gonna do what they say can't be done.

Only time I ever ran into a beaver, I was fishing at about 2 AM standing in a river in Northern Michigan. Pitch black, middle of nowhere, only the sound of the water, i was literally just casting to the sound of fish rising and hoping for the best. All of the sudden out of nowhere i hear an extremely loud SMACK about 20-30 ft from me. Nearly pooped in my waders lol. Kinda just froze and waited motionless for a while. When you're in the middle of the woods alone in the dead of night not expecting to hear anything but trickling water and crickets that sound felt like a sonic boom going off and I was freaked the f*** out. About 2 or 3 minutes later it happened again. Finally grew some balls and turned on my headlamp. Sure enough some ass hole beaver was sitting on a rock on the shore slappin his tail on a rock to spook me away. Was super relieved lol, but f*** beavers, territorial dicks.

6 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Keep your foot hard on the peddle, son never mind those beavers, smoke all the meth cause we got a run to deliver.
The girls are horny in Canadiana, and there's dildos in Louisiana, and we'll bring em back not matter what it takessssssssss.
North bound and downnnnnnnnn, loaded up and truckin', we gonna do what they say can't be done.

Image result for jerry reed

So the draft, combine, etc are postponed. The lottery will be announced at a later date when things have been finalized.  I hope this is just to figure out how to video conference it and what date. They better not change the format other than using winning percentage

Who here is a scout?  I would much rather put my trust in a scout and their evaluations.  Everyone has an opinion, but is anyone willing to list their credentials so I know if I am just reading fan posts or scout posts?  Reading here 30 pages is giving me a tremendous headache. Sure, fans have some good opinions, but most here think it is their suggestion or the highway.

Edited by TcFlint

On 3/27/2020 at 8:19 PM, TcFlint said:

Who here is a scout?  I would much rather put my trust in a scout and their evaluations.  Everyone has an opinion, but is anyone willing to list their credentials so I know if I am just reading fan posts or scout posts?  Reading here 30 pages is giving me a tremendous headache. Sure, fans have some good opinions, but most here think it is their suggestion or the highway.

This is a fan site. So you're going to get a fan's perspective. If you want actual scout evaluations, I can suggest dozens of sites on the internet that do just that.

On 3/27/2020 at 5:19 PM, TcFlint said:

Friend of mine is the amateur scout for BC and Alberta for the Islanders

So you should only listen to me by proxy

300px-Something_of_a_Scientist.jpg

I'm thinking we picked a pretty good year to get cheated out of 1st overall by the lotto gods. Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, Drysdale...lots of studs available. The pool is strong enough that I'm not even sure Yzerman would take Byfield @ 2. If the draft were today and we were picking 2nd and Yzerman took Rossi, it wouldn't surprise or upset me.

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

I'm thinking we picked a pretty good year to get cheated out of 1st overall by the lotto gods. Byfield, Stutzle, Rossi, Raymond, Drysdale...lots of studs available. The pool is strong enough that I'm not even sure Yzerman would take Byfield @ 2. If the draft were today and we were picking 2nd and Yzerman took Rossi, it wouldn't surprise or upset me.

If we had the 1st pick and Ottawa had the 2nd plus 3, 4 or even...  I'd gladly trade the 1st overall for those picks.

25 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Be careful Hommie. Yer drifting into "bust" territory. 

Funny, but this draft class is it's own entity.   Look no further than last year at 6... we got a stud, where we got a dud at 6 in 2018 :-)

Some red meat for you in these locked down times @The 91 of Ryans

Edited by mackel

Honestly, IF Lafreniere is not a McDavid type player, and we DO get the #1, I see what Montreal (or others) have to offer!  If he is not McDavid-ish, then I am more than happy with getting others (Rossi, Stutzle, Byfield, Perfetti, Drysdale, etc...)

Really, we could SO move this rebuild up with a trade down! If it were Montreal, I'd want Domi, Caufield, their 1st and 2nd. Maybe they want to get out from Carey Price? They are going to offer HUGE to get the #1 (if they are given it by Uncle Gary outright.) Domi has to be protected in the expansion draft, that would help Montreal dealing him since they have a ton of players that need protecting.  This being said, if Montreal is NOT in the top 4 after the lottery, then I will not trade with them. I do not want to be out of the top 4 really. I know I listed 5 others I would be fine with taking, but of them, I do want more choices of the bunch. ANA, NJ and OTT will have two first's, I will be asking for both of those from either team if they want the #1. I am wheeling and dealing come draft day if I have the #1.

Here's a serious question (although it may not sound serious) could any of the following players be traded for a hypothetical trade for Lafreniere? Would you accept any of them along with the respective team's 1st and high prospect?

Eichel, Dahlen, Jack Hughes, Laine, Connor?

Edited by LeftWinger

ran the sim ONCE and this is what came up. So to add some thought and discussion to what I said above about trading down no further than 4th, what would these teams have to offer Detroit and what would you expect or feel that it would be worth trading down?

If NJ wanted the #1, I'm asking for the #2 (in this sim, they also ended up with the #10 and #17,) Jack Hughes and Nolan Foote. Would they do it? 

I really don't see many Roster players on ANA that I would want, but I would take BOTH their first's (#3 and #31) and maybe Zegras?

Ottawa will have (in this scenario) the #4 and the #5. Not sure if they'd part ways with BOTH of those, but I'd ask for sure, especially if they want to outbid NJ.  Plus I would definitely ask for Anthony Duclair. Maybe THEIR #4 pick, their 2nd (#33) and Duclair.

Edited by LeftWinger

20 hours ago, mackel said:

If we had the 1st pick and Ottawa had the 2nd plus 3, 4 or even...  I'd gladly trade the 1st overall for those picks.

I mean, I'm still firmly in the "Lafreniere is f***ing unreal" camp. He's very likely not going to be as good as Crosby or McDavid, but I still have him down as a sure-thing franchise cornerstone player who challenges for the Art Ross every season of his prime.

But I'm also still open to the idea of trading that pick for a ransom.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Here's a serious question (although it may not sound serious) could any of the following players be traded for a hypothetical trade for Lafreniere? Would you accept any of them along with the respective team's 1st and high prospect?

Eichel, Dahlen, Jack Hughes, Laine, Connor?

Well, for starters, we can put a line through Eichel's name, as he's about as untouchable as it gets.

Dahlin for Lafreniere...is an interesting idea. Maybe Buffalo's not thrilled with what Dahlin's shown and they're salivating over the idea of Lafreniere playing on Eichel's wing for years to come. I doubt Yzerman helps them -- an Atlantic rival -- make that a reality. I don't wanna see Lafreniere-Eichel-Cozens six times a season, even with a top pairing of Dahlin-Seider/Hronek. (God help us if Buffalo wins the lotto.)

NJ...man, I don't know what's going in NJ. Maybe they're like, "F*** it, we're blowing this s*** up," and they offer us Hughes and their 1st. If their 1st is in the top four, I think I have to seriously consider it. Hughes has had a very underwhelming rookie season, but that doesn't surprise me all that much cuz the Devils are clownshoes and Hughes needs to go through puberty. I still believe he's going to end up being a stud.

I don't really see Winnipeg as a realistic player for the pick; they're in win-now mode (or, at least, they were...?) and they're pretty deep at the wing position(s) and their 1st is probably going to be a mid-rounder.

8 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.6e05ebfcc58779f2a36e4f65d5f46ddf.png

ran the sim ONCE and this is what came up. So to add some thought and discussion to what I said above about trading down no further than 4th, what would these teams have to offer Detroit and what would you expect or feel that it would be worth trading down?

If NJ wanted the #1, I'm asking for the #2 (in this sim, they also ended up with the #10 and #17,) Jack Hughes and Nolan Foote. Would they do it? 

I really don't see many Roster players on ANA that I would want, but I would take BOTH their first's (#3 and #31) and maybe Zegras?

Ottawa will have (in this scenario) the #4 and the #5. Not sure if they'd part ways with BOTH of those, but I'd ask for sure, especially if they want to outbid NJ.  Plus I would definitely ask for Anthony Duclair. Maybe THEIR #4 pick, their 2nd (#33) and Duclair.

You're hitting on one of the main reasons why I wouldn't have much of an appetite for trading the Lafreniere pick: On the whole, I'm not particularly high on most of our fellow basement teams' young talent.

11 hours ago, Dabura said:

Dahlin for Lafreniere...is an interesting idea. Maybe Buffalo's not thrilled with what Dahlin's shown and they're salivating over the idea of Lafreniere playing on Eichel's wing for years to come. I doubt Yzerman helps them -- an Atlantic rival -- make that a reality. I don't wanna see Lafreniere-Eichel-Cozens six times a season, even with a top pairing of Dahlin-Seider/Hronek. (God help us if Buffalo wins the lotto.)

Why in the hell would Buffalo not be happy with Dahlin? He's a 19 year old dman scoring at a 0.68 ppg pace, and consistently improving. Dude is gonna be the best dman in the league for many years sooner rather than later. 

12 hours ago, marcaractac said:

Why in the hell would Buffalo not be happy with Dahlin? He's a 19 year old dman scoring at a 0.68 ppg pace, and consistently improving. Dude is gonna be the best dman in the league for many years sooner rather than later. 

Because Sabres.

1 hour ago, LeftWinger said:

image.png.5a6f5f27bdf698fab5a05df7fdc80657.png

If Yzerman gets the 1st overall and drafts Stutzle WITHOUT trading down to the #2 to get MORE assets, then I will seriously question my support of him. Seriously...

I mean, he can try. But you have to have a partner to dance. So if there aren't any takers for that pick, you can't be upset at SY that he just picked the guy he wants.

FWIW, I don't think we'll see anybody picking 2-4 attempt trade up. Even if you really like Laff, there are some really good consolation prizes that wouldnt make the assets required to move up to get him worth it.