• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Nice to see some people finally realizing giving up on a 19 yr old dman with promise for a trash player who was on his 3rd team in 3 years was a complete f*** up 

love yzerman and i understand this team wont turn around overnight but thus far hes been unimpressive, and we’ll see what happens with last years draft results and as much as i like seider and hope he turns i to a stud dman and we were right to take tuomisto where we did id have went with podkolzin and fagemo personally but i understand why yzerman went 3 dmen with his first 4 picks , ken holland basically f***ed up the d position and left us in really bad shape and yzerman had no choice but to try and fix it asap 

Nobody should have been in the least surprised  at how bad this team was this season with the d core we had and if nothing happens in the off season start prepping for a top pick in 2021 ... that is if life ever comes back to normal 

On 4/10/2020 at 1:35 PM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yzerman got absolutely fleeced by Bowman. Big, mobile, smart, RH, Dman from Detroit, over a ppg at 19... for 39 games and 4 pts for Perlini in a tank year.

He's lucky Detroit fans are dumb enough to look the other way because of his name. Anybody else would get thrashed for this.

The trade looks like a loss right now, no doubt. But I think any hockey fan who was familiar with Yzerman's asset evaluation record -- or *any GM's* asset evaluation record -- should've been fully prepared for at least one of these whiffs this season. Yzerman was always going to do some housekeeping and we were always going to lament at least one of his decisions. It was inevitable -- and it's one of the reasons why I'm not eager to see Yzerman trade away our top assets. You can demand that he trade Larkin and Mantha and Bertuzzi and Hronek "because these players suck and we're just settling for endless mediocrity at this point," but, well, be careful what you wish for...

5 hours ago, Dabura said:

The trade looks like a loss right now, no doubt. But I think any hockey fan who was familiar with Yzerman's asset evaluation record -- or *any GM's* asset evaluation record -- should've been fully prepared for at least one of these whiffs this season. Yzerman was always going to do some housekeeping and we were always going to lament at least one of his decisions. It was inevitable -- and it's one of the reasons why I'm not eager to see Yzerman trade away our top assets. You can demand that he trade Larkin and Mantha and Bertuzzi and Hronek "because these players suck and we're just settling for endless mediocrity at this point," but, well, be careful what you wish for...

Trading Saaarijarvi (very low end prospect) and DLR (career 4th liner) was one thing.

But moving picks, Regulas, and Kaski's has me boggled on wtf he was thinking.

Firstly, trading picks and viable prospects runs counter to a rebuild. I give him more benefit of the doubt on Erne cause it was an offseason trade, but with Perlini did he honestly think this player was gonna alter the direction of the team even if he did workout?? Its seems like a pressured panic move.

With Kaski, Todd Nelson wasn't playing him, so I get it. Go get a player your coach actually wants to play. But then Kaski lights it up with the checkers the moment he's given ice time. Sure seems like Yzerman let Nelson's opinion supersede his own on the player. It's an indication that not only Todd Nelson might not know exactly what he's doing, but Yzerman also then put his stamp on it.

If Yzerman is the smart man I think he may be, he will finish the cleaning of the house he started. Fire Todd Nelson. Fire Jeff Blashill. Fire whatever scout that said anything nice about Pelini, and fire the core. Start over, there's no repercussions for starting over at the bottom. The more pain we endure now the more gain we get later. 

9 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Trading Saaarijarvi (very low end prospect) and DLR (career 4th liner) was one thing.

Firstly, trading picks and viable prospects runs counter to a rebuild. I give him more benefit of the doubt on Erne cause it was an offseason trade, but with Perlini did he honestly think this player was gonna alter the direction of the team even if he did workout?? Its seems like a pressured panic move.

With Kaski, Todd Nelson wasn't playing him, so I get it. Go get a player your coach actually wants to play. But then Kaski lights it up with the checkers the moment he's given ice time. Sure seems like Yzerman let Nelson's opinion supersede his own on the player. It's an indication that not only Todd Nelson might not know exactly what he's doing, but Yzerman also then put his stamp on it.

If Yzerman is the smart man I think he may be, he will finish the cleaning of the house he started. Fire Todd Nelson. Fire Jeff Blashill. Fire whatever scout that said anything nice about Pelini, and fire the core. Start over, there's no repercussions for starting over at the bottom. The more pain we endure now the more gain we get later. 

Ben Simon is the coach of the Griffins, not Todd Nelson. 

Burke: Yakupov worst draft interview ever

While discussing how the draft unfolded, Burke made it clear that he wasn't going to take Yakupov, even if the Russian winger fell into his lap.

"He was defiant, obnoxious, and sullen," he continued. "John Lilley, one of our scouts ... almost fought him in the interview, so it was not a good interview."

On the best interviews he had AKA Landeskog:

"He finished his interview and we wanted to have him sit down, help us talk to the other kids," Burke said. "I think he'll be a general manager in the league. I really do. I really respect him."

On 4/13/2020 at 1:21 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

I think Yzerman is a smart man, but I've never fully bought that he's some galaxy brain mastermind. I mean, I have faith that ultimately he's going to turn this thing around. Because, sure, why not. But I'm definitely expecting a number of missteps along the way. I just hope none of it rises to the level of picking Jonathan Drouin over Seth Jones, Sean Monahan, Rasmus Ristolainen, Bo Horvat, Josh Morrissey, Shea Theodore.

https://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2013e.html

Can you imagine a top pairing of Hedman-Jones? Holy hell.

32 minutes ago, Dabura said:

I think Yzerman is a smart man, but I've never fully bought that he's some galaxy brain mastermind. I mean, I have faith that ultimately he's going to turn this thing around. Because, sure, why not. But I'm definitely expecting a number of missteps along the way. I just hope none of it rises to the level of picking Jonathan Drouin over Seth Jones, Sean Monahan, Rasmus Ristolainen, Bo Horvat, Josh Morrissey, Shea Theodore.

What ever happened to Hampus Melen?

33 minutes ago, Dabura said:

He won my trust the moment he drafted Seider. I shouldn't complain.

1 minute ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Ex BF Holland never would have made those mistakes. New BF is reckless and not sure if marriage material. But I can fix him.

There will always be a waive quincey keep meech trade a 1st for quincey draft vasilevski level response for s*** like this during these can't touch nobody but your old lady times. 

1 minute ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

There will always be a waive quincey keep meech trade a 1st for quincey draft vasilevski level response for s*** like this during these can't touch nobody but your old lady times.

Wrongly valuing one prospect over another is one thing. Moving out good prospects in favor of performance-now players in the middle of a rebuild is patently moronic. Even brainlet fans can grasp that one.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Wrongly valuing one prospect over another is one thing. Moving out good prospects in favor of performance-now players in the middle of a rebuild is patently moronic. Even brainlet fans can grasp that one.

So, according to you, Yzerman can find a Zadina replacement in the 4th round but can't replace the void created by losing a 3rd round 6th on the depth chart D and some UFA eurotrash? In a season where Holland's scrub chickens finally came home to roost we give Yzerman the bricks to the balls for fuking around bit? Seems reasonable. 

9 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

So, according to you, Yzerman can find a Zadina replacement in the 4th round but can't replace the void created by losing a 3rd round 6th on the depth chart D and some UFA eurotrash? In a season where Holland's scrub chickens finally came home to roost we give Yzerman the bricks to the balls for fuking around bit? Seems reasonable. 

Glad you brought it up

Regula and Zadina are entirely different assets. We don't really know what Regula is, but it looks(ed) promising. Zadina is over-hyped garbage. We can play the hype and deal him for something with more actual value. Regula didn't have the same luxury.

You Zadina nerds are gonna look real foolish in a few years. Kid doesnt have an elite bone in his body and I will be here to told ya so on all yall.

s*** Zadina can be replaced in FA

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Glad you brought it up

Regula and Zadina are entirely different assets. We don't really know what Regula is, but it looks(ed) promising. Zadina is over-hyped garbage. We can play the hype and deal him for something with more actual value. Regula didn't have the same luxury.

You Zadina nerds are gonna look real foolish in a few years. Kid doesnt have an elite bone in his body and I will be here to told ya so on all yall.

s*** Zadina can be replaced in FA

I'm here to talk about how stupid it is to reeeeeee on Y for making nothing trades from his toilet spot cuz he was bored a couple of times. Not talk about Holland pics that you don't like. 

Just now, The 91 of Ryans said:

I'm here to talk about how stupid it is to reeeeeee on Y for making nothing trades from his toilet spot cuz he was bored a couple of times. Not talk about Holland pics that you don't like. 

Thats ******* bulls*** and you know it

I praise Yzerman for his good moves and lambast him for his bad ones. You want me to look the other way on his bad ones. Blatant bias.

But I am surprised u Yzerjock-sniffers still rally around a Holland pick. Zadina will reveal hm self in time. I'm more than confident of that.

Thats ******* bulls*** and you know it

I praise Yzerman for his good moves and lambast him for his bad ones. You want me to look the other way on his bad ones. Blatant bias.

But I am surprised u Yzerjock-sniffers still rally around a Holland pick. Zadina will reveal hm self in time. I'm more than confident of that.

Listen. I'm just fukin with you. We should ask Todd Nelson, current head coach of GR Griffins about Yzerman's prospect management. 

3 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Listen. I'm just fukin with you. We should ask Todd Nelson, current head coach of GR Griffins about Yzerman's prospect management. 

Todd Nelson > Ben Simon

Yzerguys assets management is good one day and atrocious the next. Small sample size. We'll see. 

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

Spot on

I dont think there exists a world where fabbri inst regarded as a massive win, and wood and perlini aren't regarded as massive f*** ups.

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Yzerguys assets engagement is good one day and atrocious the next. Small sample size. We'll see. 

Yzerguys "assets engagement" case A now upgraded from merely "good" to "massive win"

Maybe if we talk some more "atrocious" can be downgraded to "meh"