• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

There aren't enough daggers on hell's mattress for Wyshyinski to lay on. 

And not enough metaphors to do justice for how much I hate this little pus-wad.

I'd like to hold him down and spoon feed him a bowl of Ryan Lambert's diarrhea. 

21 minutes ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

There aren't enough daggers on hell's mattress for Wyshyinski to lay on. 

And not enough metaphors to do justice for how much I hate this little pus-wad.

I'd like to hold him down and spoon feed him a bowl of Ryan Lambert's diarrhea. 

some assets we sold at the deadline... boy losing those hurt!

14 minutes ago, mackel said:

some assets we sold at the deadline... boy losing those hurt!

Honestly. All this little smegma twerp used to do was ridicule Holland for trying to remain competitive (mediocre). NOW he's pooping on Yzerman for tanking. 

He's soooo bias. 

Him reporting/commenting on anything Wings related is about as even-handed as having Neo cover the Democratic nominating convention. 

3 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

Honestly. All this little smegma twerp used to do was ridicule Holland for trying to remain competitive (mediocre). NOW he's pooping on Yzerman for tanking. 

He's soooo bias. 

Him reporting/commenting on anything Wings related is about as even-handed as having Neo cover the Democratic nominating convention. 

WTF is his deal with the Wings? I've read and listened to a lot of his s*** and I don't think I've ever garnered exactly why he so clearly hates us. I kinda always assumed it was just an NJD fan thing, them being competitive at the same time as us. But then why doesn't he also not like Colorado? Sure seems like he just internalized that "f*** the red wings" mantra that most fans (used to) have. And as a reporter that's kinda silly...

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

WTF is his deal with the Wings? I've read and listened to a lot of his s*** and I don't think I've ever garnered exactly why he so clearly hates us. I kinda always assumed it was just an NJD fan thing, them being competitive at the same time as us. But then why doesn't he also not like Colorado? Sure seems like he just internalized that "f*** the red wings" mantra that most fans (used to) have. And as a reporter that's kinda silly...

I actually get it.  I mean, anytime something is too omnipresent it generally puts me off.  And the Wings were that through the 90s and 2000s.  Like, I still have never seen the movie Avatar because about 10,000 people all told me to watch it about 30 seconds after it came out. 

I don't like Wyshynski, he's a s***head.  But he's not a "reporter".  He's a content producer.  He's more like the guys and gals at Barstool than he is like Bob McKenzie.  So the fact that he plays a character isn't really a thing for me.  It's that he plays THIS particular character.  Listening to a 40+ year old speak like 20 year olds on the internet makes me puke.  Everytime Greg says something is "fire" or "on fleek" or that it gives him "all the feels" I'm immediately reminded of why he sucks. 

That said, the Yahoo NHL Obituaries idea of his was solid gold.  So he's had a few wins in his day.

15 hours ago, The 91 of Ryans said:

He's soooo bias. 

I went through his twitter feed last night and the dudes so annoying.  He spends SO much time complaining about Detroit tanking.  We're not throwing games, our team is just that bad.  Also why does he expect Yzerman to throw money at players (most likely aging vets) to come here and take ice time away from players the mans trying to get a grasp of?  He needed/needs time to look at his team, and adjust his plan according to who he deems his core is going to be.   You dont do this quicker by adding fill gaps, thats the Holland "as long as we make the playoffs" approach that got us this bad in the first place.

Greg Wyshynski is a f*ck head with a more punchable face then Max Domi or Mathew Tkachuk, even with his stupid mouth gaurd hanging out

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

I actually get it.  I mean, anytime something is too omnipresent it generally puts me off.  And the Wings were that through the 90s and 2000s.  Like, I still have never seen the movie Avatar because about 10,000 people all told me to watch it about 30 seconds after it came out. 

I don't like Wyshynski, he's a s***head.  But he's not a "reporter".  He's a content producer.  He's more like the guys and gals at Barstool than he is like Bob McKenzie.  So the fact that he plays a character isn't really a thing for me.  It's that he plays THIS particular character.  Listening to a 40+ year old speak like 20 year olds on the internet makes me puke.  Everytime Greg says something is "fire" or "on fleek" or that it gives him "all the feels" I'm immediately reminded of why he sucks. 

That said, the Yahoo NHL Obituaries idea of his was solid gold.  So he's had a few wins in his day.

Never watched Avatar either. Shallow crap movie.

15 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

I went through his twitter feed last night and the dudes so annoying.  He spends SO much time complaining about Detroit tanking.  We're not throwing games, our team is just that bad.  Also why does he expect Yzerman to throw money at players (most likely aging vets) to come here and take ice time away from players the mans trying to get a grasp of?  He needed/needs time to look at his team, and adjust his plan according to who he deems his core is going to be.   You dont do this quicker by adding fill gaps, thats the Holland "as long as we make the playoffs" approach that got us this bad in the first place.

Greg Wyshynski is a f*ck head with a more punchable face then Max Domi or Mathew Tkachuk, even with his stupid mouth gaurd hanging out

How those Devils doin Greg?

9 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

How those Devils doin Greg?

just wait until Yzerman pulls it off and we end up contenders before NJ and he spends 90% of his time b*tching about how Yzerman cheated the system blah blah blah....Thats my relishing moment

3 minutes ago, 13dangledangle said:

just wait until Yzerman pulls it off and we end up contenders before NJ and he spends 90% of his time b*tching about how Yzerman cheated the system blah blah blah....Thats my relishing moment

I'm not happy unless the entire bar is chanting "F THE RED WINGS" that's how you know you're doing good

We're so gonna win Lafreniere and it's gonna be hilarious. The Red Wings haters (there are still MANY) are gonna run wild. Meanwhile we will be bumping champagne glasses and laughing in amusement. I can't wait.

Laughing-Men-In-Suits.jpg

1 hour ago, kipwinger said:

Like, I still have never seen the movie Avatar because about 10,000 people all told me to watch it about 30 seconds after it came out. 

24 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

You guys did not miss out on anything. Dancing with Wolves in Toy Story costume.

21 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

You guys did not miss out on anything. Dancing with Wolves in Toy Story costume.

Totally agree on this assessment of the movie but it's almost an insult to Toy Story. I would rather watch "INSERT BAD BAD MOVIE" over and over vs Avatar. 

But I am pretty sure our boy Greg saw it and approved

Edited by AtlantaHotWings

Just now, AtlantaHotWings said:

Totally agree on this assessment of the movie but it's almost an insult to Toy Story. I would rather watch "INSERT BAD BAD MOVIE" over and over vs Avatar. 

Yeah, both Dancing with Wolves and Toy Story are better movies than Avatar.

2 hours ago, kipwinger said:

He wants to be Jay and Dan, but lacks all the talent to do so.

2 minutes ago, marcaractac said:

He wants to be Jay and Dan, but lacks all the talent to do so.

There's this whole legion of snarky hockey personalities that I find distasteful in their passive aggression.  Him, Dimitri Filipovic, Pryshanth Iyer, the guys at wingingitinmotown.  It's not that they don't know hockey, they're more knowledgable than most fans I suppose. It's that they basically insert internet culture into sports, which is kinda gross to me.  Jay and Dan are genuinely funny guys, but their humor resides in their creativity and silliness.  Guys like Wysh substitute cynicism and condescension for humor.  He's basically David Spade...whom I can't stand.

3 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

There's this whole legion of snarky hockey personalities that I find distasteful in their passive aggression.  Him, Dimitri Filipovic, Pryshanth Iyer, the guys at wingingitinmotown.  It's not that they don't know hockey, they're more knowledgable than most fans I suppose. It's that they basically insert internet culture into sports, which is kinda gross to me.  Jay and Dan are genuinely funny guys, but their humor resides in their creativity and silliness.  Guys like Wysh substitute cynicism and condescension for humor.  He's basically David Spade...whom I can't stand.

Exactly. When I say they wanna be Jay and Dan, it is that they totally miss why Jay and Dan are funny. 

9 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

JJ from Kansas,

I don't why you're content is so boring and average, or why you stoop to twitter flame wars with other wings fans on twitter, but one thing I do know: you sure are stupid.

8 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

JJ from Kansas,

I don't why you're content is so boring and average, or why you stoop to twitter flame wars with other wings fans on twitter, but one thing I do know: you sure are stupid.

I'd deflect all the time too if I routinely put out hot takes like this....

https://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2016/2/16/11007274/why-brendan-smith-is-really-that-damn-good

7 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

JJ from Kansas,

Stopped going to wiim for red wings news some time ago. Never posted there. Their comment section is so ******* boring. Everytime someone posts there and doesnt agree with what they (or the majority of the posters there who are wiim brown noses) are saying JJ enters the comments to call them out.

Reading through Wyshynski's twitter...

it seems to be Gregs contention that the Red Wings most definitely actively tanked since day 1 of Yzerman's tenure, and that Wings fans are too proud of their glorious dynasty to admit it.

I do have a problem with this.

Rewind to summer 2019. Do any of you recall? Things were pretty positive. Yzerman had taken control, Zadina was in the pipe, Seider was looking like a monster pickup, we were coming off a very strong end of the season where the Bert-Larkin-Mantha line was really clicking and taking over games. If I recall correctly the collective zeitgeist seemed to be: Don't spend money, let the kids develop into larger roles, and we'll see what happens. Things couldn't possible get any worse from here and our young core is only going to get better. And there was even talk of maybe this team could squeak into a wildcard spot if everything went right.

Obviously that didnt happen, but here's the timeline:

1. Yzerman makes a bed for Fil and Nemeth
2. Jimmy poops in the bed
3. The team poops in the bed
4. Yzerman makes a buncha minor trades to try to get the poop out of the bed
5. It's too late the poop has stained the bed
6. Yzerman trades some of the poop away for Gagner and draft picks <--- It is my contention that this is where active tanking began

It was always the collective opinion that we shouldnt spend money and should instead let the team grow organically while we wait to shed bad contracts. Adding Fil and Nemeth wasn't tanking, but right in line with that thinking. Then Yzerman actually adds Fabbri and other pieces to mitigate the team falling apart (not exactly what someone who's actively tanking would do)

So what's really going on with our good friend Gregory and his clever quips? He's envious. He's always been envious. His precious Niedermayer was out-shined by Nick Lidstrom. His precious 90s dynasty was out-shined by one in Detroit. His precious Rafalski abandoned him to extend said dynasty in Detroit. And now years later he has two 1st overall picks under his belt and he's still no better than Detroit. Hischier and Hughes - despite their draft pedigree - just aren't that good, and now it's the old Detroit Red Wings turn to take a 1st overall. And he has to sit there and watch the league bend over sideways to give Detroit Alexis Lafreniere - the player that Greg should have got with his 1st overall picks but didn't. It must be tearing him up inside. Flashbacks of his precious Lemieux being dummied by that neanderthal Darren McCarty ring through his mind while he yells at his TV screen "ELIAS IS JUST AS GOOD AS ZETTERBERG". He's not Greg. Another 20 years of Red Wings supremacy is about to begin and he's screaming helplessly into the void. But there's no PK Subban or Taylor Hall in this world that will hear his cries and save his precious Devils from the mediocrity that awaits them.

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs