• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Its 5 AM and i am absolutely SEETHING. 

39 points. THIRTY NINE POINTS. And we're picking 4th... Not 2, not 3, 4th. We didnt even medal. The next worse team had 62 points ahhhhhhhhh. A team that has 92 pts could possibly get Lafreniere AHHHHHHHHHH.

The angriest heavy metal i could put in my headphones will not drown out the honking that is still echoing through my skull. Absolute clown league.

>Lafreniere to Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, Colorado, Edmonton, NYR.

>The abject horror 

>1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg

Edited by ChristopherReevesLegs

43 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

If Lafreniere ends up in Toronto, Montreal, Pittsburgh, or Chicago, I will be pissed... Hopefully he ends up in Columbus or Arizona. I know most would be pissed if he ends up in Edmonton, but I'm here for it...

Montreal would not upset me as much as the others. Thay have been trying to compete for years with a roster that is worthy of tanking.

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Its 5 AM and i am absolutely SEETHING. 

39 points. THIRTY NINE POINTS. And we're picking 4th... Not 2, not 3, 4th. We didnt even medal. The next worse team had 62 points ahhhhhhhhh. A team that has 100 pts could possibly get Lafreniere AHHHHHHHHHH.

The angriest heavy metal i could put in my headphones will not drown out the honking that is still echoing through my skull. Absolute clown league.

>Lafreniere to Toronto, Chicago, Montreal, Colorado, Washington, St. Louis, Edmonton, Boston, Tampa Bay, NYR.

>The abject horror 

>1671094abb5fc7703470fa508113111a.jpg

Sentiment received. 

But some of those teams you listed are exempt from the 16 team play in round. So no Tampa, Boston, St Louis, Wash, etc. 

10 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

The "draft is rigged" is a meme.

This. It works just like its supposed to. It looks like s***. It works like s***. Its s***.

1 minute ago, 13dangledangle said:

Like most I’ve slept on it an I’m still pissed off.  But whatever f&@$ them.  

I’ll still be stoked af with a number of players but I’m all in for either Askarov or Drysdale at this point.  

I hope Stevie trades the pick. We might as well pick at 7-8.

I am pissed too, but It’s time to have a breakfast beer put our big boy/girl/? pants on and get over the fact that the NHL is rigged. Buttman learned under Stern and look at the NBA draft shenanigans over his term.

There are good options at 4, and if we’re not getting Lafrenière the talent gap between the leftovers is minimal.

Hopefully Stützle is available, but if not I think Raymond is going to be an absolute stud. I know he is a winger, and we need another top 6 center so Rossi would work too.

Drysdale, to me, is a middling 1st round talent not top 5. If he was left handed I would be more interested.

Holtz is another interesting player that has a nice skill set and great work ethic. I think Raymond has higher end talent, we could use a offense driving playmaker. 

Just a few ramblings from a guy on his third beer.

Edited by BringBack19

June 25th Red Wings fan:

>Lol Covid-19 really saved us from that season
>Looking forward to next year
>One generational talent could majorly speed up this rebuild
>These Wings are dead but we can turn this around pretty quick still
>Loves his family
>Healthy social life
>Looks forward to the future

June 27th Red Wings fan:

>Chaos draft has no meaning
>It could possibly be another decade before we get a generational talent
>End of the rebuild nowhere in sight
>Deadwings meme coming true before his eyes
>Has abandoned his family
>Drinks at 7 AM
>Blankly stares into the void

16 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

June 25th Red Wings fan:

>Lol Covid-19 really saved us from that season
>Looking forward to next year
>One generational talent could majorly speed up this rebuild
>These Wings are dead but we can turn this around pretty quick still
>Loves his family
>Healthy social life
>Looks forward to the future

June 27th Red Wings fan:

>Chaos draft has no meaning
>It could possibly be another decade before we get a generational talent
>End of the rebuild nowhere in sight
>Deadwings meme coming true before his eyes
>Has abandoned his family
>Drinks at 7 AM
>Blankly stares into the void

blob?bcid=RP.SRjyoH30Bfw

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

Montreal would not upset me as much as the others. Thay have been trying to compete for years with a roster that is worthy of tanking.

Yeah, that's more of a personal thing. I f***ing loathe the Habs...

What are the chances that LA, being pretty well stacked at forward, draft Drysdale at 2, leaving Ottawa the choice between Byfield / Stutzle, and the other to Detroit?... I know, probably not likely, but possible? Stranger things have happened...

Almost every year, one of the "consensus top three" picks drops out of the top three... 2013 - Jones, 2015 - Marner, 2016 - Puljujarvi (apparently for good reason), 2017 - Makar / Pettersson (weren't considered top three, but probably should have been), 2018 - Tkachuk / Zadina, 2019 - Byram. Point is, we're not getting Lafreniere, but we could still possibly get one of Byfield or Stutzle... And even if we don't, we'll likely be getting a damn good player, and possibly the best player this organization has drafted in 20+ years...

My order of preference after the top three is Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz... If the draft does go as expected, I'd be more than okay with Yzerman trading back at 4 to 6 or 7, picking up another late 1st / early 2nd round pick...

13 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

What are the chances that LA, being pretty well stacked at forward, draft Drysdale at 2, leaving Ottawa the choice between Byfield / Stutzle, and the other to Detroit?... I know, probably not likely, but possible? Stranger things have happened...

Almost every year, one of the "consensus top three" picks drops out of the top three... 2013 - Jones, 2015 - Marner, 2016 - Puljujarvi (apparently for good reason), 2017 - Makar / Pettersson (weren't considered top three, but probably should have been), 2018 - Tkachuk / Zadina, 2019 - Byram. Point is, we're not getting Lafreniere, but we could still possibly get one of Byfield or Stutzle... And even if we don't, we'll likely be getting a damn good player, and possibly the best player this organization has drafted in 20+ years...

My order of preference after the top three is Raymond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz... If the draft does go as expected, I'd be more than okay with Yzerman trading back at 4 to 6 or 7, picking up another late 1st / early 2nd round pick...

Im not ready to get my hopes up for a player to drop yet. Right now everything sucks.

I really cant see l.a taking drysdale at #2 if they really want him that bad i suspect luc will try and get something off yzerman and trade back to 4 . Unless a trade happens the top 3 will be what everyone expects it to be imo

Only way id even contemplate drafting drysdale is if we were able to trade a hronek for a 1st + and get a top forward in the 1st round like a peterka,gunler etc... I’d say we’re pretty stacked at d and shouldnt consider it with our top pick

preference for #4 as of now is raymond,holtz and maybe quinn (if we trade back)....if he really is suppose to be the best scorer as some people have said surely that would translate to being a 30-40 goal guy? 

Also not against trading back to 9-12 and collecting another 2-3 top 60 picks and getting askarov if he really is suppose to be the next true #1 franchise goalie for a team . Scares me though that hes russian and we’ll likely have to end up paying a goalie 8-10 mill per some day though

this draft lottery bulls***s gonna hurt for a long time 

8 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Unless a trade happens the top 3 will be what everyone expects it to be imo

... says everyone every year.

The more I think about it, the more I think the top three will be anything other than what has been projected upon us forever, and we'll end up with one of Byfield or Stutzle... Or maybe that's just the optimist in me...

If not Los Angeles, it's also possible that Ottawa takes Drysdale with their first pick (3rd overall). If they're set on taking a forward and defenseman, thinking Yzerman might be eyeing the defenseman at 4, and knowing there will still be a plethora of high end forwards still available at 5...

16 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Only way id even contemplate drafting drysdale is if we were able to trade a hronek for a 1st + and get a top forward in the 1st round like a peterka,gunler etc... 

You'd trade Hronek for a late 1st round pick? Why am I not surprised?

If we're considering trading a player like Hronek, it needs to be for more of a sure thing than Peterka or Gunler...

18 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I’d say we’re pretty stacked at d and shouldnt consider it with our top pick

I'd lean forward for this reason, but always BPA...

This is a good a time as any to announce my intentions. I will officially be shilling for Rossi at #4.

• He's torched every league he's ever been in since like age 10
  • He's a fantastic skater and very fast
  • His legs are strong AF and his balance because of this is very good. Very hard to bully him in the corners and push him off the puck.
  • When he drives the net he drops the shoulder and powers through the defense literally every time
  • He's fearless and bulldogs opponents with his deceptive strength
  • Has mad dangles and puck skills. Passing between legs, dangling off his skates. Very Datsyukian.
  • He may be the best passer in the draft. His consistency of tape to tape is remarkable.
  • He exhibits superb poise and patience with the puck. Does not force plays. He waits for his opening and then seizes it with confidence and skill.

I firmly believe if he wasn't on the older side of the draft and wasn't a small frame he would be in contention for the #1 spot with Lafrenierre. I care a lot less about my forwards lacking size, especially skilled ones who exhibit speed and strength.

Where muh Marco men at?

25 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

... says everyone every year.

The more I think about it, the more I think the top three will be anything other than what has been projected upon us forever, and we'll end up with one of Byfield or Stutzle... Or maybe that's just the optimist in me...

If not Los Angeles, it's also possible that Ottawa takes Drysdale with their first pick (3rd overall). If they're set on taking a forward and defenseman, thinking Yzerman might be eyeing the defenseman at 4, and knowing there will still be a plethora of high end forwards still available at 5...

Is it just a coincidence that the more you think about it the top 3 picks arent going to be the top 3 picks after the redwings fall to 4? I think its wishful thinking ... i hope it happens but i cant see it , the draft hasnt been this good in ages and i dont think too many teams will over think this 

our only chance i think would be to move up with l.a .... i can see ottawa going for rossi at #5 who played in ottawa , they have chabot and brannstrom also a later 1st and who knows maybe make a package and trade up for a sanderson so i cant see them taking drysdale at 3

22 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

You'd trade Hronek for a late 1st round pick? Why am I not surprised?

If we're considering trading a player like Hronek, it needs to be for more of a sure thing than Peterka or Gunler...

I'd lean forward for this reason, but always BPA...

I said 1st + ... you can be sarcastic all you want , makes zero sense to draft drysdale when we have seider hronek tuomisto johansson mcisaac ... + lindstrom,cholowski etc.. + someone we can pick later ... we need a top forward with this pick 

You say bpa yet some people will look past the surefire #1 star goalie cause hes a goalie 

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

18 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

This is a good a time as any to announce my intentions. I will officially be shilling for Rossi at #4.

• He's torched every league he's ever been in since like age 10
  • He's a fantastic skater and very fast
  • His legs are strong AF and his balance because of this is very good. Very hard to bully him in the corners and push him off the puck.
  • When he drives the net he drops the shoulder and powers through the defense literally every time
  • He's fearless and bulldogs opponents with his deceptive strength
  • Has mad dangles and puck skills. Passing between legs, dangling off his skates. Very Datsyukian.
  • He may be the best passer in the draft. His consistency of tape to tape is remarkable.
  • He exhibits superb poise and patience with the puck. Does not force plays. He waits for his opening and then seizes it with confidence and skill.

I firmly believe if he wasn't on the older side of the draft and wasn't a small frame he would be in contention for the #1 spot with Lafrenierre. I care a lot less about my forwards lacking size, especially skilled ones who exhibit speed and strength.

Where muh Marco men at?

Given that I'm an outrageously punctual person I've always been amazed by people that show up THIS late to a party.

>Rossi is also a German speaker and will add to the Red Wings Ubermensch team we are building with Seider

Important distinction I want to make with Rossi. Because I think a lot of my description of him reminds me of Datsyuk. But I want to be clear I think this is a very different style player than Datsyuk or Zetterberg. D and Z would control the puck, often take it to the outside, slow down the game, cycle, and generally make you play at their pace. While Rossi also has this high level of patience/control/playmaking he is much more aggressive with the puck and his positioning. Watch his zone entries for a bit. Rossi drives the the center of the ice E V E R Y T I M E. He is all about getting the puck to the slot and making a play quickly. He's more like a sniper in this respect. A lot of times this ends up with him shooting for a rebound, and if he doesnt score, screening the goalie.

2 minutes ago, kipwinger said:

Given that I'm an outrageously punctual person I've always been amazed by people that show up THIS late to a party.

Brother it is cold out here on the fence. Please let me inside to warm by your fire.

Credit where credit due: You were first to the finish line with this kid. But now that Lafrenchie is off the board sign me up. I'm mad impressed with this kid.

9 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Is it just a coincidence that the more you think about it the top 3 picks arent going to be the top 3 picks after the redwings fall to 4? I think its wishful thinking ...

Yup. I said so in my previous post...

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I said 1st + ... you can be sarcastic all you want , makes zero sense to draft drysdale when we have seider hronek tuomisto johansson mcisaac ... + lindstrom,cholowski etc.. + someone we can pick later ... we need a top forward with this pick 

The "+" usually implies a lesser piece. I'm not interested in any trade involving Hronek for the main piece being a late 1st round pick. Adding a mid level prospect doesn't change my opinion on that...

13 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

You say bpa yet some people will look past the surefire #1 star goalie cause hes a goalie 

Goalies are very different in my opinion. I would never use a top 5 / 10 / first round pick on a goaltender. They're way too unpredictable. If you look at the success rate on goalies drafted in the first round, it's very low... like less than 10%...

7 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

Yup. I said so in my previous post...

The "+" usually implies a lesser piece. I'm not interested in any trade involving Hronek for the main piece being a late 1st round pick. Adding a mid level prospect doesn't change my opinion on that...

Goalies are very different in my opinion. I would never use a top 5 / 10 / first round pick on a goaltender. They're way too unpredictable. If you look at the success rate on goalies drafted in the first round, it's very low... like less than 10%...

Depends i havent given it much thought ... 1st ,2nd and a mid prospect? Who knows ... i dont want to trade hronek i just said only way id consider stock piling yet another dman in drysdale when our d prospect pool is looking really good right now is if traded a hronek . Id keep hronek and draft the forward or possibly a goalie if we also landed extra picks

Goalies are very different but people knocked on the habs and price worked out , people were scared of taking knight early and although hes not in the league yet hes looking damn good , we’re talking about a goalie people are mentioning at the top of the list with the best , not a nico daws

2 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Almost every year, one of the "consensus top three" picks drops out of the top three... ond, Drysdale, Rossi, Holtz... If the draft does go as expected, I'd be more than okay with Yzerman trading back at 4 to 6 or 7, picking up another l

Not this year, cuz......