• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Just now, town123 said:

Newbie here.    I love the humour.   Or is it veiled hate?

Welcome! This is a board of peace.

26 minutes ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

*Austrian rage intensifies*

Tread lightly fren 

Another reason not to make that pick. Austrian rage never ends well. 

2 hours ago, town123 said:

Newbie here.    I love the humour.   Or is it veiled hate?

Welcome brother. By merely finding us you have proven yourself worthy. Grab a jacket. There are cookies in the back.

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Another reason not to make that pick. Austrian rage never ends well. 

September 12th, 1683. If not for Austria you filthy nordics would be fully culturally enriched by the Turks already. Say "thank you Marco Rossi".

Rossi, Askarov, Drysdale, Rossi, Sanderson, Holtz, Rossi, Raymond, Rossi... whichever of these players you decide to shill for, lets agree on one thing: We are not drafting Cole Perfetti. BIG AVOID. I am watching clips of him and this kid can literally barely skate. Excellent hands and what not, but this kid is NEVER going to be able to keep up with the NHL. Even if he somehow does make the transition into the big leagues, when his knees start going in his early thirties he will effectively be obsolete. Not a good investment.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRTjn9xhZy5ocXAPLvIUSv

Looks like a nice kid if soft body 14 year olds are your thing. But lets be clear, he is going to get TRUCKED at the big league level by guys like Seider, and he doesn't have the speed to prevent this. I fear we do not have enough moms on this team to kiss his boo boos, rub his rosey red cheeks, and make him pancakes every Saturday. Say it with me folks: Vote no on Cole. I will entertain almost any of the other prospects (Rossi, Holtz, Sanderson, Rossi, Drysdale, Rossi, Raymond, Askarov, or Rossi) but I cannot in good faith even see an argument for poopy perfetti.  

6 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

You would have been okay with the Wings picking Knight last year, and having him over Seider? Really?...

Yes, picking goalies is and likely always will be a huge risk, which is why, in my opinion, you should never waste a top pick, especially top 5-10 on one...

Why? This seems like a terrible strategy... Take the best players available in the draft, and take a swing at free agents when you're ready to compete.

No!

I'd say leading up to the draft, it's more likely that Askarov slips than any other player in the top 20 this year. I highly doubt he slips all the way to 32, but no one thought Veleno would slip to 30 a couple years ago either. 

I love that we signed Seider, but I was loving the potential that Knight has, but as others have mentioned, he is unproven. 

I think the amount of turnovers, bad plays, and mediocre D is why this team has struggled so much.... 

9 hours ago, Rivalred said:

I love that we signed Seider, but I was loving the potential that Knight has, but as others have mentioned, he is unproven. 

I think the amount of turnovers, bad plays, and mediocre D is why this team has struggled so much.... 

Exactly. It's been more of a team problem than a goalie problem. It usually is. Improve the offense and defense at the top of the draft, and maybe take a flyer on a goalie in the later rounds. Or not. I'd personally never spend much time and resources scouting / drafting / developing goalies. There are always capable goaltenders every year in free agency, or on the trade market for relatively cheap.

11 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Rossi, Askarov, Drysdale, Rossi, Sanderson, Holtz, Rossi, Raymond, Rossi... whichever of these players you decide to shill for, lets agree on one thing: We are not drafting Cole Perfetti. BIG AVOID. I am watching clips of him and this kid can literally barely skate. Excellent hands and what not, but this kid is NEVER going to be able to keep up with the NHL. Even if he somehow does make the transition into the big leagues, when his knees start going in his early thirties he will effectively be obsolete. Not a good investment.

Who needs skating when you got superhuman intelligence? The man is Larionovesque. Heres TSN's Craig Button giving him a 6/5 in hockey sense(smartest player in the draft):

https://www.tsn.ca/video/nhl-draft-profile-cole-perfetti-~1970056

6/5. Thats a six out of five. Six is a number and numbers are facts.

Here the other grades:

Skating: 4/5 (proving you wrong)

Competitiveness: 4,5/5 (dude is a killer)

Scoring touch: 5/5 (full score, and we need scoring)

Shot: 3/5 (his only weakness which also is the skill easiest to improve)

He was voted the smartest player, the best playmaker and the best stickhandler in the OHL. Magic man 2.0.

They say he looks like Panarin on the ice. You know who they think Rosslet looks like? Scrat from the Ice Age movies.

-

Look ate the stats. Rosslet is weak. Look at your avatar. He looks anemic. He is also way older than anybody else in the draft. Basically a 2019 draft prospect. We should judge his stats this season as his Draft+1 year.

Perfetti(means perfect in italian) is younger bigger, stronger and scores at the same rate despite playing on a worse team. And he stills got room to grow. Rosslet is fully grown at 5'9". Perfetti is probably at 6' already and will get even bigger.

You only want Rosslet because you want a german bro for Seider. Seider doesnt need bros.Hes a lone wolf.

Draft Perfetti and you can complete the itailan mafia on the second line. Fabbri - Perfetti - Bertuzzi. 

Pasta la vista, the atlantic division.

-

Perfetti plays in Saginaw. Basically the Red Wings backyard. Jimmy Devellano and Chris Osgood are Partners in Saginaw. Hes already a part of the family. Stevie and Cole are probably texting each other right now saying how much fun next season is gonna be. 

Heres Sam Cosentino in Sportsnet the '31 Thoughts' podcast(at the 47 min mark) saying that Perfetti to Detroit is a kick in:

https://podcast.sportsnet.ca/31-thoughts/draft-lottery-special/

@ChristopherReevesLegs  

Get over it. The decison is made. The pick is in. Close the thread.

-

Some highlights:

Edited by Akakabuto

On 6/26/2020 at 8:31 PM, gcom007 said:

I thought I was pissed last year. Where’s Brian Burke? Begin rant. ******* roast these NHL clown execs. 

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nhl/red-wings/2020/06/27/analyst-brian-burke-nothing-short-disgrace-what-happened-wings-lottery/3269787001/

Who would’ve thought this guy would become our most vocal advocate?

1 hour ago, gcom007 said:

I saw this a little earlier. I'm feeling even more annoyed because I feel like the lottery being ******* stupid is apparent to everyone except the league itself.

3 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

Exactly. It's been more of a team problem than a goalie problem. It usually is. Improve the offense and defense at the top of the draft, and maybe take a flyer on a goalie in the later rounds. Or not. I'd personally never spend much time and resources scouting / drafting / developing goalies. There are always capable goaltenders every year in free agency, or on the trade market for relatively cheap.

So we are in agreement. It's not fat Howard's fault. It's the teams fault.

Fat Howard rules.

3 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Who needs skating when you got superhuman intelligence? The man is Larionovesque. Heres TSN's Craig Button giving him a 6/5 in hockey sense(smartest player in the draft):

Here the other grades:

He was voted the smartest player, the best playmaker and the best stickhandler in the OHL. Magic man 2.0.

They say he looks like Panarin on the ice. You know who they think Rosslet looks like? Scrat from the Ice Age movies.

-

Look ate the stats. Rosslet is weak. Look at your avatar. He looks anemic. He is also way older than anybody else in the draft. Basically a 2019 draft prospect. We should judge his stats this season as his Draft+1 year.

Perfetti(means perfect in italian) is younger bigger, stronger and scores at the same rate despite playing on a worse team. And he stills got room to grow. Rosslet is fully grown at 5'9". Perfetti is probably at 6' already and will get even bigger.

You only want Rosslet because you want a german bro for Seider. Seider doesnt need bros.Hes a lone wolf.

Draft Perfetti and you can complete the itailan mafia on the second line. Fabbri - Perfetti - Bertuzzi. 

-

Perfetti plays in Saginaw. Basically the Red Wings backyard. Jimmy Devellano and Chris Osgood are Partners in Saginaw. Hes already a part of the family. Stevie and Cole are probably texting each other right now saying how much fun next season is gonna be. 

Heres Sam Cosentino in Sportsnet the '31 Thoughts' podcast(at the 47 min mark) saying that Perfetti to Detroit is a kick in:

@ChristopherReevesLegs  

-

Some highlights:

Lol what is is this tom-foolery?

NO ONE has talked about Cole Perfetti all season. Why? Because he is completely irrelevant.

Craig Button is a Canada shill and probable racist like Don Cherry.

Poopy Perfetti ---- vs ---- Rossi:

Skating: 4/5 ---- vs ---- 4/5

This right away proves Button is actually brain damaged. Rossi is much faster than Perfetti. Watch any clip. Button ranking them the same is a major lol and why he shouldn't be taken seriously.

Hockey Sense: 6/5 ---- vs ----- 5/5

Again, Button goes full Canada shill and autismo. 6/5 isn't a legitimate score. In his syrup soaked mind Perfetti already has better than perfect hockey sense. Probably above Gretsky and Lemeiux. Lol insanely retarded to say the least.

It's not even worth me going through the rest of the rankings. He ranks EVERY player almost the exact same score. Button is a pandering dip s*** without a critical thought in his talking head mind.

-

Yzerman is smart enough to take BPA. And that's Rossi. There is literally not one thing he needs to work on. He's just smol. Guess what Yzerman has proved about his career so far? He is not afraid to take smol players. Rossi screams Yzerman selection. It's basically done already. Log off.

Cole Perfetti is Jason Pominville. Player maker who can't shoot or skate, and will ride shotgun on ur mediocre top line. He will look good in that Buffalo jersey. I will send you one when I get there next week. 

1 hour ago, gcom007 said:

Burkey is a good guy. Speaks with blunt honesty. Some people don't like that. Those people would rather have the truth sugar coated for them than hear anything real.

20 hours ago, krsmith17 said:

I think we already have knocked some skater picks out of the park, and we'll continue to do so. I still think we'll get a monster (skater) at 4th overall this year.

Any team in our position would have a lot riding on this lotto. Unfortunately, the team that is going to win it, is not one of those teams in our position...

I'm all for thinking outside the box, but for me, that doesn't include taking a goaltender 4th overall, or at all in the top of the draft, in any trade back scenario.

19 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Np with that list just not a fan of lundell or perfetti’s long term projections from what ive seen/read and drysdale sanderson , again just my opinion but im really liking how our d is shaping up and we can also grab another solid one with our 5 next picks 

If its a forward for me its raymond and then its goal scoring in either holtz or quinn(wouldnt take quinn 4th though) ... if we can have a holtz/quinn to add to mantha and zadina in the top 6 on the wing we’d look good , although raymond at this point is my #1 

Who knows maybe if we’re lucky l.a had drysdale in their sights prior to the draft and might make a trade with detroit to add something, i would only hope it wouldnt be a crazy price for 2 spots

I generally try to be at least somewhat level-headed about the Wings. Lately I find it to be draining, exhausting, the exact opposite of fun. Just a whole lot of coping, trying to talk myself into being HYPE!'d about stuff that probably doesn't warrant it.

Yzerman has repeatedly stressed that fans are going to have to be patient, which is GM speak for "Unless we absolutely murder a couple of drafts, it's going to be at least another three years." We've dropped in every lotto draw we've been in and now we're hit with a lotto outcome that's so unbelievably stupid it's got non-conspiracy people thinking the 15-team lotto format is at best totally broken and at worst rigged.

Mystery team wins the lotto and that will drive interest in a gimmick postseason and a gimmick second lotto, all while we get ready to use our first pick on someone who won't be in the NHL full-time until 2023 and prepare for another year of being the worst team in the league. Awesome.

And you know what's going to happen in next season's lotto draw? We're going to drop. Or maybe we surprise everyone and finish 14th from the bottom. Given how these past few lotto draws have turned out, you'd think we'd have a good chance of winning one of the top three spots, right? Wrong. The worst three teams would get the top three picks. Because the Wings are consistently on the wrong side of everything.

> "No, you can't spend all that money. Stop trying to win. We need Parity."

> "No, you can't have backdiving contracts, so we're going to retroactively punish you for something you did that wasn't officially considered wrong at the time. We need Parity."

> "No, your insistence on maintaining a winning culture and extending your playoff streak will get you no sympathy from our lotto system machinations. You should tank. It's the smart thing to do. Finishing in no man's land is stupid af. We need Parity."

> "No, stop tanking. Why are you tanking? My God, stop tanking. All you Red Wings do is tank. Look at all these model franchises who aren't tanking. My God, have some self-respect and show some semblance of tact. We need Parity™."

> "Look, if you think New Jersey and Buffalo are proof that the 15-team lotto hasn't actually fixed The Edmonton Problem...how dare you. We need Parity."

> "Look, if you think this whole play-in thing is a cynical, calculated, underhanded gimmick designed to drive ratings...how dare you. We need Parity."

> "Look, the odds were against you placing in the top three, so I don't know why you're complaining. It's the odds. Who dictates the odds? Well, surely not us. The odds come down from a higher authority. God himself, in fact. We need Parity."

> "Colorado has dropped from 1st to 4th twice and they seem to be doing alright. I know they got MacKinnon before the 15-team lotto became a thing, but that's beside the point. If it's such a big deal to you, maybe you should've sucked as hard as the Avs did that season. Maybe then you'd have MacKinnon. We need Parity™."

I'm tired of it. Hockey's supposed to be an escape from bulls***.

Edited by Dabura

Interesting that a few of these rankings don't have Askarov even in the 1st round. VERY interesting that NHL Central Scouting (last list) doesn't even have him in the top 31 European players. Maybe he'll be there at #32...

Edited by LeftWinger

Great rant, @Dabura! Sums it up pretty much how I feel too. Always something new stupid thing around the corner trying to kill your passion for the team and the league.

It’s almost as if the league doesnt care for the fans that actually do care about the league.

Theyre constantly looking for attracting new fans with some new gimmick or new rule to make things more ”exciting”. ******* over the hardcore fans in the process.

Edited by Akakabuto

On 6/28/2020 at 11:35 AM, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Burkey is a good guy. Speaks with blunt honesty. Some people don't like that. Those people would rather have the truth sugar coated for them than hear anything real.

There is a better way to do this...re-do it and do it the most fair way. Take the bottom 7 and do the draft lottery over. Make it so teams can only drop no more than two spots. There is ZERO doubt this is the result that Bettman wanted, he wants Lafreniere in a big NHL market with tons of media coverage. Toronto, Edmonton, Montreal, New York, Chicago. Each play-in team has a 12.5% change of getting #1, just how is that fair to teams that finished lower than them, like LA or Anaheim, who only had a 9.5% and 8.5% chance respectively? Not that I wanted NJ or Buffalo to have it, but they had even lower odds. So now, whether the play-in happens or not, teams 8-15 get better odds at #1 than teams 4-7 did to begin with! I agree with Burke, Detroit or Ottawa is where he should be going, I'd even make an exception for LA or Anaheim, but this stinks of a fix and it's not just sour Detroit fans calling them out. I don't doubt that Montreal will probably be the place he goes. Price is already talking crap about not sure what he is going to do because he isn't comfortable with how things are going safety-wise. He'll sit out the play-in and Montreal will lose. https://www.hockeyinsiders.net/articles/carey-price-not-sure-hes-ready-to-play-brings-up-s/. To me this just stinks of conspiracy and fix. I mean, at least Montreal the 8th worst team and they had a 6% chance (in a normal(?) lottery) but now the're chances have more than doubled at 12.5%, whether they play another game or not, if I were the mentioned teams above that had WORSE odd's than 12.5%, I'd be filing complaints and petitioning a re-do. The NHL can do it, and they should, not just because we, as Detroit fans are sour, but because the whole process was unfair to teams that had less than a 12.5% chance at #1. If they re-did the entire thing, with only the 7 non-playing teams, and we still dropped to 4th, at least then I could feel comfortable that ONLY one of the most deserving teams (teams not playing for a chance at the playoffs) got the #1. This needs to be fixed NOW, and re-done. Not change it for next draft, or the next, etc... It's been how many drafts now that teams have been getting screwed? This needs to be scraped and re-done with the 7 non-playing teams.

Edited by LeftWinger

1 minute ago, LeftWinger said:

There is a better way to do this...re-do it and do it the most fair way. Take the bottom 7 and do the draft lottery over. Make it so teams can only drop no more than two spots. There is ZERO doubt this is the result that Bettman wanted, he wants Lafreniere in a big NHL market with tons of media coverage. Toronto, Edmonton, Montreal, New York, Chicago. Each play-in team has a 12.5% change of getting #1, just how is that fair to teams that finished lower than them, like LA or Anaheim, who only had a 9.5% and 8.5% chance respectively? Not that I wanted NJ or Buffalo to have it, but they had even lower odds. So now, whether the play-in happens or not, teams 8-15 get better odds at #1 than teams 4-7 did to begin with! I agree with Burke, Detroit or Ottawa is where he should be going, I'd even make an exception for LA or Anaheim, but this stinks of a fix and it's not just sour Detroit fans calling them out. I don't doubt that Montreal will probably be the place he goes. Price is already talking crap about not sure what he is going to do because he isn't comfortable with how things are going safety-wise. He'll sit out the play-in and Montreal will lose. https://www.hockeyinsiders.net/articles/carey-price-not-sure-hes-ready-to-play-brings-up-s/. To me this just stinks of conspiracy and fix. I mean, at least Montreal the 8th worst team and they had a 6% chance (in a normal(?) lottery) but now the're chances have more than doubled at 12.5%, whether they play another game or not, if I were the mentioned teams above that had WORSE odd's than 12.5%, I'd be filing complaints and petitioning a re-do. The NHL can do it, and they should, not just because we, as Detroit fans are sour, but because the whole process was unfair to teams that had less than a 12.5% chance at #1. If they re-did the entire thing, with only the 7 non-playing teams, and we still dropped to 4th, at least then I could feel comfortable that ONLY one of the most deserving teams (teams not playing for a chance at the playoffs) got the #1. This needs to be fixed NOW, and re-done. Not change it for next draft, or the next, etc... It's been how many drafts now that teams have been getting screwed? This needs to be scraped and re-done with the 7 non-playing teams.

Thanks for this post.

It literally REEKS with conspiracy. It's so blatant and obvious. That's the upsetting part. The league treats us like dumb cattle who can't see what's going on. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING GARY.

Bettman learned under Stern in the NBA. If you follow the shady drafting during that time its not hard to see what he's doing here. It's all fixed. It's always been fixed. Crosby saves Pittsburgh. Edmonton wins year after year after year...

We are not going to win anything until this fanbase completely bottoms out and Gary sees the need to rebuild it again. But Wings fans are loyal and hardcore and the league knows it will be awhile before they need to award us something.

The league has lost millions in revenue due to Covid-19. Effectively what they've done is try to build anticipation and create artificial hype. Where will Lafreniere go now!?!? Stay tuned dumb cattle! Watch him go to Montreal in a few months lmao it's all so tiresome.

You know what sucks even more about this?  Next year, we're gonna get screwed by not only the lottery, but also Seattle.  Unless we finish 30th or 31st, There's the possibility of dropping 4 spots instead of 3.

6 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

You know what sucks even more about this?  Next year, we're gonna get screwed by not only the lottery, but also Seattle.  Unless we finish 30th or 31st, There's the possibility of dropping 4 spots instead of 3.

I doesn't look like theres a clear cut nr 1 next year. But its a deeper draft when it comes to defensemen.

So lets go forward this year.

1 hour ago, Akakabuto said:

I doesn't look like theres a clear cut nr 1 next year. But its a deeper draft when it comes to defensemen.

So lets go forward this year.

Yep.   Let's improve and finish 2 points out of the playoffs and then ZING... win the draft lottery.   I know that would never happen for us, but, the karma would be kind of sweet if it did.

10 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Here the other grades:

-

-

@ChristopherReevesLegs  

-

Some highlights:

Lmao s*** like this is why cosentino is doing podcasts and not a scout 

Gladly take Byfield or Stutzle if one of them drops (gut says it would be for Rossi or Perfetti) but, all things being equal I'd like:

1. Perfetti

2. Rossi

3. Holtz

4. Raymond 

5. Askarov

Stay the heck away from Drysdale. Next year will have better top 5 D options

f*** the NHL. f*** the haters! 

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

7 hours ago, ChristopherReevesLegs said:

Thanks for this post.

It literally REEKS with conspiracy. It's so blatant and obvious. That's the upsetting part. The league treats us like dumb cattle who can't see what's going on. WE KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING GARY.

Bettman learned under Stern in the NBA. If you follow the shady drafting during that time its not hard to see what he's doing here. It's all fixed. It's always been fixed. Crosby saves Pittsburgh. Edmonton wins year after year after year...

We are not going to win anything until this fanbase completely bottoms out and Gary sees the need to rebuild it again. But Wings fans are loyal and hardcore and the league knows it will be awhile before they need to award us something.

The league has lost millions in revenue due to Covid-19. Effectively what they've done is try to build anticipation and create artificial hype. Where will Lafreniere go now!?!? Stay tuned dumb cattle! Watch him go to Montreal in a few months lmao it's all so tiresome.

People will call you crazy BUT you're 100% correct!   

Who'd watch the 2nd lottery if the 2nd or 3rd pick were at stake?  Answer:  Far fewer than having the the 1st overall pick and a borderline generational player hanging in the balance.  In hindsight the 1st pick was NEVER actually available to the bottom 7, I'd not be surprised if we didn't even have any balls in the machine...  LA won the bottom 7 lottery once the 1st overall pick was set aside. 

I can't prove this... but I'll never believe otherwise, it fits the gimmick they setup "too perfectly" to not be a setup.

20 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

Interesting that a few of these rankings don't have Askarov even in the 1st round. VERY interesting that NHL Central Scouting (last list) doesn't even have him in the top 31 European players. Maybe he'll be there at #32...

Could happen. Not likely, IMO, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

20 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

Great rant, @Dabura! Sums it up pretty much how I feel too. Always something new stupid thing around the corner trying to kill your passion for the team and the league.

It’s almost as if the league doesnt care for the fans that actually do care about the league.

Theyre constantly looking for attracting new fans with some new gimmick or new rule to make things more ”exciting”. ******* over the hardcore fans in the process.

I think the league is virtually incapable of losing huge numbers of fans. Hockey is baked into Canadian life. If you're a huge hockey fan living in the States, you're following the sport because you genuinely love it; there's no other reason why you'd invest your time and money and energy and heart in a niche sport that eight out of ten Americans truly could not care less about. So, the league -- and when I say "the league," I mean the owners -- has a loyal, captive support base.

And I think the Wings' base sort of exemplifies that. Wings fans are legion, and we're loyal, and we're resilient. We've been through a lot with our team and we've stuck with our team. The owners know they can count on us to be a big economic engine for them.

But they may have pushed too hard this time. Even Wings fans have their limits. Sliding to 4th + no playoff revenue + Lafreniere going to a playoff team is too bold, even by this league's standards.

Consider this. Our terrible 2019-20 team was determined to avenge our string of embarrassing blowout losses to the Habs. Maybe we finish the season with the worst record in modern history -- but if we can keep the Habs from making the playoffs, at least we will have restored some of our honor. And, indeed, we swept the season series and those games were basically the difference between the Habs making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. So what does the league do? The league says, "Y'know what, let's undo that one little moral victory of theirs, that one little point of pride. Let's get the Habs into the playoffs and let's give them a shot at Lafreniere. It's only fair."

It's too much. Too bold. Too cruel. I think we may see a lot of Wings fans tune out.

22 hours ago, LeftWinger said:

There is a better way to do this...re-do it and do it the most fair way. Take the bottom 7 and do the draft lottery over. Make it so teams can only drop no more than two spots.  I'd be filing complaints and petitioning a re-do. The NHL can do it, and they should, not just because we, as Detroit fans are sour, but because the whole process was unfair to teams that had less than a 12.5% chance at #1. If they re-did the entire thing, with only the 7 non-playing teams, and we still dropped to 4th, at least then I could feel comfortable that ONLY one of the most deserving teams (teams not playing for a chance at the playoffs) got the #1. This needs to be fixed NOW, and re-done. Not change it for next draft, or the next, etc... It's been how many drafts now that teams have been getting screwed? This needs to be scraped and re-done with the 7 non-playing teams.

It'll only change if a large enough number of owners raise hell about it. I dunno that that's going to happen.