• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Dabura

2020 Draft Thread

Rate this topic

43 minutes ago, Dabura said:

It'll only change if a large enough number of owners raise hell about it. I dunno that that's going to happen.

24 out of 31 owners love this outcome. Majority rule,

Edited by Akakabuto

Grant mckagg is saying his scouts contacts are telling him they all love jake sanderson and are really high on him and not to be surprised to see him in the top 5 and predicts the redwings to draft him .... f*** this draft lol 

Redwings pretty much sure to get one of 3 stud forwards to talks of sanderson and perfetti now , can 2020 just end

Edited by nyqvististhefuture

56 minutes ago, Dabura said:

Could happen. Not likely, IMO, but definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

I think the league is virtually incapable of losing huge numbers of fans. Hockey is baked into Canadian life. If you're a huge hockey fan living in the States, you're following the sport because you genuinely love it; there's no other reason why you'd invest your time and money and energy and heart in a niche sport that eight out of ten Americans truly could not care less about. So, the league -- and when I say "the league," I mean the owners -- has a loyal, captive support base.

And I think the Wings' base sort of exemplifies that. Wings fans are legion, and we're loyal, and we're resilient. We've been through a lot with our team and we've stuck with our team. The owners know they can count on us to be a big economic engine for them.

But they may have pushed too hard this time. Even Wings fans have their limits. Sliding to 4th + no playoff revenue + Lafreniere going to a playoff team is too bold, even by this league's standards.

Consider this. Our terrible 2019-20 team was determined to avenge our string of embarrassing blowout losses to the Habs. Maybe we finish the season with the worst record in modern history -- but if we can keep the Habs from making the playoffs, at least we will have restored some of our honor. And, indeed, we swept the season series and those games were basically the difference between the Habs making the playoffs and not making the playoffs. So what does the league do? The league says, "Y'know what, let's undo that one little moral victory of theirs, that one little point of pride. Let's get the Habs into the playoffs and let's give them a shot at Lafreniere. It's only fair."

It's too much. Too bold. Too cruel. I think we may see a lot of Wings fans tune out.

It'll only change if a large enough number of owners raise hell about it. I dunno that that's going to happen.

I know I'm done...  I will not watch or consume anything NHL "league" related  atleast until the Wings play again and maybe not for some time...  if Lafreniere ends up on a team in our division, a team that is, by default already far better that we are...  well never say never but it'll be EFFING close if I engage with the league outside of this board again.

39 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

24 out of 31 owners love this outcome. Majority rule,

I highly doubt any of the top 8 teams love it.

I'm sure a top team like Tampa would rather see an elite prospect like Lafreniere go to a bottom feeder like Detroit, than a team that is close, like Toronto. Tampa knows that Detroit won't likely be threatening their Cup window (with or without Lafreniere). Toronto, on the other hand, could definitely threaten their Cup window, with another elite piece added.

I think it expands beyond that as well.

Top teams, or even middling teams should never have an opportunity at the number one pick. The whole system is broken. It pisses me off that we once again, dropped three spots, but that is what it is. A team like Toronto should never have an outside chance at an elite talent at the top of the draft.

5 minutes ago, krsmith17 said:

I highly doubt any of the top 8 teams love it.

I'm sure a top team like Tampa would rather see an elite prospect like Lafreniere go to a bottom feeder like Detroit, than a team that is close, like Toronto. Tampa knows that Detroit won't likely be threatening their Cup window (with or without Lafreniere). Toronto, on the other hand, could definitely threaten their Cup window, with another elite piece added.

I think it expands beyond that as well.

Top teams, or even middling teams should never have an opportunity at the number one pick. The whole system is broken. It pisses me off that we once again, dropped three spots, but that is what it is. A team like Toronto should never have an outside chance at an elite talent at the top of the draft.

The "but that is what it is"  attitude and those 'classy' comments from Yzerman are part of the problem... we need more Brian Burke's calling out this 2nd rate league and their made for TV rigged draft.

55 minutes ago, mackel said:

I know I'm done...  I will not watch or consume anything NHL "league" related  atleast until the Wings play again and maybe not for some time...  if Lafreniere ends up on a team in our division, a team that is, by default already far better that we are...  well never say never but it'll be EFFING close if I engage with the league outside of this board again.

This is basically where I am at. I'm fully on board seeing these playoffs not only not happen, but I am all for another lockout or strike. f*** these owners. 

1 hour ago, mackel said:

Yea this is pretty much how I feel. Even when the Wings do come back though, I'm not sure how much more I feel like watching the rebuild be artificially dragged out by a s***ty system. I have other hobbies I actually enjoy, turns out I can live without hockey. 

I am done caring about this latest screw job. He is gonna go to a "playoff" team with very little cap room, spend 3 years on an ELC then get a $17M per year contract that I really don't feel like handing out. Depending on where he goes, he'll probably also get a "C" to wear. Larkin is our Captain, I like having Cap space, I like building a team with players who aren't the superstar. I don't care about next years #1 or the next or the next, because through development and UFA signings and trades, Yzerman WILL build a playoff team and then we'll get back to being contenders every year. Montreal can have Laffy, when he doesn't take them to the Cup in the first year, they'll turn on him. Toronto already cannot afford to ice a team, so they would be waiving or trading good players in a few years just to fit him under the cap.  Give me Stutzle, Perfetti, Rossi, Sanderson or Drysdale at #4, Yzerman will knock the 2nd round out of the park with our three picks, #32, #54 and #58. We'll get a top 10 pick (most likely next season as well.) I am ready to watch Yzerman, the fans and the City of Detroit to rub their noses in the stink pile of "fix" they have created! Suck it uncle gary! Time to move to the 2020 off season thread because with Z's LTIR, we have $42M to spend, then add the compliance buyout (or two) we'll be nearing $48M or more in cap! Bring in a 27 year old big name difference maker, it won't be long! 

10 minutes ago, LeftWinger said:

I am done caring about this latest screw job. He is gonna go to a "playoff" team with very little cap room, spend 3 years on an ELC then get a $17M per year contract that I really don't feel like handing out. Depending on where he goes, he'll probably also get a "C" to wear. Larkin is our Captain, I like having Cap space, I like building a team with players who aren't the superstar. I don't care about next years #1 or the next or the next, because through development and UFA signings and trades, Yzerman WILL build a playoff team and then we'll get back to being contenders every year. Montreal can have Laffy, when he doesn't take them to the Cup in the first year, they'll turn on him. Toronto already cannot afford to ice a team, so they would be waiving or trading good players in a few years just to fit him under the cap.  Give me Stutzle, Perfetti, Rossi, Sanderson or Drysdale at #4, Yzerman will knock the 2nd round out of the park with our three picks, #32, #54 and #58. We'll get a top 10 pick (most likely next season as well.) I am ready to watch Yzerman, the fans and the City of Detroit to rub their noses in the stink pile of "fix" they have created! Suck it uncle gary! Time to move to the 2020 off season thread because with Z's LTIR, we have $42M to spend, then add the compliance buyout (or two) we'll be nearing $48M or more in cap! Bring in a 27 year old big name difference maker, it won't be long! 

Can I Get An Amen GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by The 91 of Ryans

1 hour ago, mackel said:

The "but that is what it is"  attitude and those 'classy' comments from Yzerman are part of the problem... we need more Brian Burke's calling out this 2nd rate league and their made for TV rigged draft.

Believe me, if I thought my attitude, or posts on LGW would have any impact on the way the draft lottery is run, you'd hear a much different tune...

But yeah, I completely agree with Burke on this one as well.

I too wish Yzerman would voice his opinion on the matter. Sure, he's disappointed, but he should be pissed about the way the whole thing went down. 

It is absolutely asinine that the "play-in" teams together had better odds of winning the lottery, than the worst team in the league...

2 hours ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

Grant mckagg is saying his scouts contacts are telling him they all love jake sanderson and are really high on him and not to be surprised to see him in the top 5 and predicts the redwings to draft him .... f*** this draft lol 

Redwings pretty much sure to get one of 3 stud forwards to talks of sanderson and perfetti now , can 2020 just end

wtf is wrong with Perfetti? 

Gonna continue shilling for Perfetti.

New slogan: Bring Out the Confetti for Perfetti

This is a quote from his coach in Saginaw:

"He's just scratching the surface, specifically with his body. If his body was more advanced, he'd be challenging for the first spot. When you look at this draft class 10 years from now, he'll be one of the top two or three guys."

Edited by Akakabuto

2 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

Gonna continue shilling for Perfetti.

Bring Out the Confetti for Perfetti

This is a quote from his coach in Saginaw:

"He's just scratching the surface, specifically with his body. If his body was more advanced, he'd be challenging for the first spot. When you look at this draft class 10 years from now, he'll be one of the top two or three guys."

His coach? His mom might as well come out and say he’ll be the best player in 10 yrs lmao  ... and its nice hes a good boy , he can go help with buffalo’s charities  ... i just dont see him as a top line guy and after the s*** show we went through i want a guy who can be a star and for me thats lucas raymond

Im not even a fan of rossi cause i dont want a smurf being tossed around come the playoffs when we eventually get there (i know right now feels like never) but at this point id take him over perfetti , if not raymond id consider holtz or maybe jack quinn if someone can convince me hed be better and have 3 snipers on the top 6 with mantha and zadina

but hey thats just my opinion so wtf do i know , knowing yzerman he’ll take that amirov kid at #4 to piss ppl off

10 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

i just dont see him as a top line guy

11 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

m not even a fan of rossi... ...but at this point id take him over perfetti

So you see Rosslet as a first line guy?

12 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

knowing yzerman he’ll take that amirov kid at #4 to piss ppl off

This is probably true tho..

4 minutes ago, Akakabuto said:

So you see Rosslet as a first line guy?

This is probably true tho..

See him as a top 6 for sure , playmaker and ppl guy ... his size scares me for the playoffs outside of patrick kane i cant think of any recent small guys performing , if we take him ill be glad to be wrong .

I just think people are forgetting about lucas raymond being in the top 3 conversation for a very long time and have gotten cute with their lists and slotted him down cause its the cool thing to do . He’s played in the men’s league with minimal minutes (cause thats what they do to kids) ... if he hits his ceiling he’ll be a top line guy and after the s*** show we went through we deserve a top guy 

But if holtz and quinn are future 30-40 goal guys how can i complain about that either?

1 minute ago, TLGTrico said:

With our luck, we'll finally get a 1st overall pick in a year where the projected pick is someone like Nugent-Hopkins or Hishier.

100% getting the next nolan patrick at 1st ... probably next year which is d heavy which is why id be against drafting a dman this year

28 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

See him as a top 6 for sure , playmaker and ppl guy

I see Perfetti the same way.

Question: If Perfettis and Rossis points total from this season were inversed, would you still perfer Rossi? 

I think its important to point out that there was three other Ottawa 67's players in the top ten meaning that Rossi probably got alot of help. Or maybe he made all of them better...

No other Saginaw player is to be seen until place 17.

28 minutes ago, nyqvististhefuture said:

I just think people are forgetting about lucas raymond being in the top 3 conversation for a very long time and have gotten cute with their lists and slotted him down cause its the cool thing to do . He’s played in the men’s league with minimal minutes (cause thats what they do to kids)

HIs production this year hurt his ranking. To be in that top 3 conversation he would have to have close to the same numbers as Stützle who also played in a men's league, albeit a not as good one.

Edited by Akakabuto

27 minutes ago, TLGTrico said:

With our luck, we'll finally get a 1st overall pick in a year where the projected pick is someone like Nugent-Hopkins or Hishier.

Next year is shaping up to be a pretty weak draft (as of now), but 2022 is supposed to another strong one, headlined by another absolute stud, Shane Wright. We're talking Connor McDavid level stud (again, as of now).

So yeah, we'll win the lottery next year, and draft outside of the elite tier again in 2022...

2 hours ago, Akakabuto said:

I see Perfetti the same way.

Question: If Perfettis and Rossis points total from this season were inversed, would you still perfer Rossi? 

I think its important to point out that there was three other Ottawa 67's players in the top ten meaning that Rossi probably got alot of help. Or maybe he made all of them better...

No other Saginaw player is to be seen until place 17.

HIs production this year hurt his ranking. To be in that top 3 conversation he would have to have close to the same numbers as Stützle who also played in a men's league, albeit a not as good one.

They pretty much got the same pts didnt they? Well i dont remember ever hearing of jack quinn before and this year his numbers shot up like crazy so who knows (although hes got a hell of a shot)

Just think he’ll end up being a better nhler .... we’ll see 

I think itll be to a teams benefit (hopefully ours) that his numbers dropped .... shl rookies dont usually have crazy numbers so i dont put too much stock in it , and its definitely a better league than the del + stutzle was given ice time ... not saying he isnt good though. Just think alot of ppl are sleeping on raymond now , but again we’ll see in a few yrs